Dieting & weight loss.

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
Been involved with a biggest loser contest at work since Oct, to date I have lost 35 lbs, was up to 238 when it started. Unfortunately it looks like my boss will win since this is the final week & he had a 1.5 lb advantage based on percentage after the last weight in. Reason he will win is the IV fluids I have gotten over the last 3 days have added on 7+ lbs which I will pee out eventually, but not in time for the final weigh in on thursday.

I really don't see what's so hard about losing weight? Still eat the same stuff, pizza, burgers, etc, just chill out on the candy, chips & eat in moderation.

Been involved with a biggest loser contest at work since Oct, to date I have lost 35 lbs, was up to 238 when it started. Unfortunately it looks like my boss will win since this is the final week & he had a 1.5 lb advantage based on percentage after the last weight in. Reason he will win is the IV fluids I have gotten over the last 3 days have added on 7+ lbs which I will pee out eventually, but not in time for the final weigh in on thursday.

I really don't see what's so hard about losing weight? Still eat the same stuff, pizza, burgers, etc, just chill out on the candy, chips & eat in moderation.

I have trouble losing weight. I'm pretty sure it's a glandular issue.

Kevin

Just go sit in a sauna for a few hours a night until Thursday Dyna. Thats how fighters do it. That and spit into a cup.

Just go sit in a sauna for a few hours a night until Thursday Dyna. Thats how fighters do it. That and spit into a cup.

Or you can go in the rest room and puke up whatever you ate, that is how hollywood stars do it!!! ( yes that was gross )

Unless medical issues, and/or genetics are involved, the truest way to lose weight is burn more calories than you eat. Theoretically if you burn 500 more calories a day than you eat, you should lose one pound after every 7 or 8 days depending on which calorie value you are using. The trick is to keep the weight off that you lost.....after you lost it. If people would take the time to study their intake of calories versus how many they burn up they might be in for a real shock. Another issue is that different folks will lose weight faster than others. I think 1200-1500 calories a day is the minimum a person wants to eat. So if a person were to burn off 1700-2000 calories a day they should lose weight over a period of time. Of course any person should seek a doctor's advice before starting on any diet.

Right on Prov. I have been really hitting it hard since the first of the year and so far have schucked 14 pounds. I'm just trying to go balls to the wall for a while to get those extra winter time LBS off then I plan on moving more toward strength and flexibility training probably come March 1.

I've heard that instead of eating 3 meals a day, try to eat more healthy snacks and just a dinner! I keep carrots and dip and other veggie snacks with me here at work. It satisfies your cravings with a nice crunch to it ;)

For me it's all about what I eat. Excercise is of course very important, and I continue to yo-yo with that, but it's all about the types of food I consume. If I eat healthy, 6 small meals a day consisting of fruits and veggies and whole graines and lean meats I will lose the weight. But when I stop eating like that and I eat the fried foods, pounds of pasta, and ice cream I plump right back up.

Back