Directed Force Becomes L.A.B. Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, Adam Scott was spotted using the Directed Force Putter. It was model DF 2.1 to be exact, except it was not really a Directed Force Putter. Well it was, but the company is undergoing a name change and they are now called L.A.B. Golf.

not a fan at all of the looks of the 2.1 but as a whole, the lie angle technology makes sense in a way. I think Cure was in to that tech too and had their putters adjustable for that which is something I liked.

WE all know that what works for one does not work for all or there would only be Palmer Blades....or something like that, but AB seems to be rolling it better lately

• Admin
I think Cure was in to that tech too and had their putters adjustable for that which is something I liked.

Definitely were. When they moved away from that, is in my opinion, what took them out of the spotlight. If a person can use it, High MOI putters absolutely can help.

Definitely were. When they moved away from that, is in my opinion, what took them out of the spotlight. If a person can use it, High MOI putters absolutely can help.

Ya i dont wanna hijack this thread but the second they stopped making Cure putters look and sound like Cure putters they became ordinary for me

Ownership change? Or just a name change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Ownership change? Or just a name change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Leadership.
LAB stands for Lie Angle Balance.

Interesting. I wonder if they are doing it to try and get a "fresh start" or if it's strictly just a name change.

I don't care what name is on it, that putter he was using was HUGE and ugly to boot.

I don't care what name is on it, that putter he was using was HUGE and ugly to boot.

If it lowered my scores, my putter head could look like Joe Torre or Ernest Borgnine, for all I care.

If it lowered my scores, my putter head could look like Joe Torre or Ernest Borgnine, for all I care.

To each his own, thats why there are options.

That was the ugliest looking putter I've ever seen.

Guy I play the most of my golf with uses one of these (Directed Force), I called it the cattle brand. I will say though, he has improved his putting quite a bit since using it, so I don't knock it. Not sure a name change is what they need to sell more, but I don't know if it will hurt them either.

Did the name change happen before or after Scott used it?

Hmm, interesting change.

Still not a fan of the designs, but, if they work, they work.

I honestly can't answer that, but my gut says before. It is being officially unveiled tomorrow.

I honestly can't answer that, but my gut says before. It is being officially unveiled tomorrow.

That makes sense, if it was after, well that kind of defeats the momentum of having someone of his caliber using your product (I am assuming without getting sponsored for it).

The directed force putters were quite common at my old club near Sacramento. I liked the tech behind the putter and I putted well with the demo model my club had but never pulled the trigger on one, maybe this year I’ll get one.

Guy I play the most of my golf with uses one of these (Directed Force), I called it the cattle brand. I will say though, he has improved his putting quite a bit since using it, so I don't knock it. Not sure a name change is what they need to sell more, but I don't know if it will hurt them either.

They have been LAB Golf on Facebook for awhile now....sometime last May I think? I follow the owner on FB since I have a Directed Force putter and have been following the development of the new company and blade putter. The first 1-100 went on pre sale for $1000 and the next 400 were offered at $399. From what I understand he had a falling out with his father over it and went off on his own and started LAB Golf.

I own a DF 2.1 - I call it the Garden Hoe. I find it very easy to aim - my sightline is not as long as others. Gets the ball close. Yes, ugly as heck. I've got the swingweight to D8 to improve distance control. Am not using their grip although it looks as if they've improved it. But if you twirl it in your hand, it twirls freely. That's the lie angle balance doing it and balance of the putter head.

It is huge and ugly and I absolutely LOVE it. Funny how we have names for them, I refer to mine as the Medieval Battle Axe.

Still a strong market for it too, on ebay at least. Had two, just sold one on Saturday for $286 (1.5 years after buying it used, and for less).

Agree about Cure. When the lie angle feature disappeared I was very disappointed and didn't look again.

Interesting to see a niche brand/product change their name, would think it would hurt awareness.

It is huge and ugly and I absolutely LOVE it. Funny how we have names for them, I refer to mine as the Medieval Battle Axe.

Still a strong market for it too, on ebay at least. Had two, just sold one on Saturday for $286 (1.5 years after buying it used, and for less).

Everyone just calls mine a branding iron.

Everyone just calls mine a branding iron.
Ha, I like it.

Such a great putter. I was a decent putter before but streaky. The DF has seemed to stabilize me so much more as I don't really have any significant swings in consistency.

Isnt justin rose also using a lab putter as well?

I think the name change happened last fall if I remember tour photos correctly.

Back