Distance Sacrifice over Accuracy

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
Many people have said they would take accuracy over distance. How much distance would you truly give up. I lusted over a set of irons for a long time and when I finally found them to hit it wasn't so good. The clubs felt great had a nice dispersion no better or worse than my current gamers but when I saw that my distance was a club shorter I completely lost interest in them. personally I don't care about gaining distance but I won't give any up either.

What would be your breaking point. 5 yards 10 yards 20 yards? How much would be too much.

It really depends on how much accuracy you are losing. First cut? 10 yards in middle of trees? OB?

I'd take 1st cut for 20 yards.

I'm a big fan of the fairways hit stat, I'm willing to stay where I am which is about 20 yds shorter than I am with the beast. I hit more fairways with my Titleist.

None, unless I really had big issues keeping the ball in play. Still, I'd be more likely to look at that as a swing issue than an equipment one.

I've read those threads over and over and I just don't know. I don't view distance and accuracy as mutually exclusive things and I want to have both in reasonable measure.

I would give up 15 yards off the tee to guarantee fairway/1st cut...but I'm sure i would just try and gain that distance back and start missing again.

I haven't found a fairway in three years. I'd gladly give up 20-30 yards distance for driving accuracy. As for irons, I'm just looking for consistency. Whether it's a 9, 8, or 7 iron I'm hitting from 150, I just want to hit it 150 each time.

I would give up a 10-15 to gain the type of accuracy I am looking for, oddly enough this is something I am currently doing this(5-10) with the swing changes I am going through as the swing isn't comfortable yet. I keep being told the distance will come back and accuracy will stay as I become more comfortable with the swing and it feels less restrictive.

Kind of an open ended question depending how accurate are we talking about. I would give up to about 20 yards to be consistently able to place the ball where I wanted to off the tee.

I want to give up 0 distance on tee shots. I can hone in accuracy. It's much hard to manufacturer

Back