Do you desire to become a scratch golfer?

Been there and done it and I just don't have/want to invest the time necessary.

I'm not happy with the terrible golfer I am today but I'll never spend 4-5 days a week at the range and playing 3-4 times as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One man's terrible is another man's dream! Actually, a 4.2 handicap is dreaming too big in my case. My goal is to be able to break 80 on a good day. I'm getting there. Slowly.

One man's terrible is another man's dream! Actually, a 4.2 handicap is dreaming too big in my case. My goal is to be able to break 80 on a good day. I'm getting there. Slowly.

Yah I haven't updated it's much higher now. :beat-up:

Single Handicap. My goal is to play consistently @ 80, some rounds below and some above. That's on a standard white tees course. That includes knowing what I did wrong on a previous swing and correct on the ball I drop to hit again.

Scratch? No

I do want be be in the single digits one day though. I have a hard enough time trying to accomplish that.

I desire to be a scratch golfer. But that is not my current goal. I want to have a hcp low enough to qualify for a USGA event, which is about 4. If I can get there, then scratch will become a goal, but it is not right now.

Spivey my friend after playing with and talking to you in Savannah. I don't think you are to far off from being a 4 or lower. Your game is not that far off, but maybe more importantly you think like a scratch golfer. I was really impressed with the way you think your way around the golf course. Part of being able to shot low numbers is the ability to turn doubles into bogey, and bogey into par. You are already good at that. Keep working on your game and it won't be long before that handicap starts tumbling.

I have no shot of getting to a scratch golfer, but I would love to get to where I shoot high 80's to low 90s every time out.

Yes. Playing scratch golf is one of my golf goals. Will I make it? I hope so, but the only important part is that I will have a blast trying. I love the challenge of golf.

Absolutely. Wish I had more time

No a builder/carpenter haha.

Aren't you retiring soon? Time to get back out on the course/range to kill it. I've seen it.

Aren't you retiring soon? Time to get back out on the course/range to kill it. I've seen it.

Man the way my body has been feeling I think I'm late getting to retirement

I desire it, but I won't get there until my kids are old enough to stay home by themselves. That means at LEAST 7 more years until I could really try, but then I'll be 53. We'll see. By then, I may just want to be a beast in the gym...

I have no desire at all, right now I want to be a bogey golfer. I have bigger desire to enjoy my golfing buddies, the day, and the fact I am a live and can still get out there and swing a club and laugh. That is the joy of golfing for me ... the number on the card is just a by product.

I also say you cannot measure the joy of playing with good friends and the day via a score card.

(maybe its because I am older and I embrace realistically where my game is and will be in the future.)

No. I desire to become a 12 HC'er. I'd be ecstatic. I'll settle for being a bogey golfer.

Of course I desire it. Will it happen, no

Yes I aspire to become a consistent scratch golfer.
The last year I have focused on course management and evaluated what clubs I actually need in my bag. For years I fell victim to the trying to gain more distance mentality and that is all I practiced and worried about. Today my focus is I guess my overall game plan vs just once particular segment. I realize distance is important but I was throwing away shots in other areas. I have a more balanced approach to my practice/preparation. One area of focus is improving from 90 yards in and accuracy regarding chipping. Next spring I plan to take instruction regarding learning to read greens/breaks, etc.

Absolutely. I enjoy the work a great deal and can practice and play multiple times a week. Practice on lunch hours and play twice a week. I have a five year goal on this one... We will see. Dropped 20 strokes through lessons and practice from last year till now and have a goal to drop 10 - 15 more next year. As I said I enjoy the work and can do it without impacting my family time with the kids.

I want to. It's been a goal for year. But I just don't put 100% into trying

It would be incredible, but I don't need it.

Yes, yes I do. I realize the majority of people play for fun and of course want to be better than they are, but that's just not my nature. I'm far too competitive of a person to not try to reach a goal like scratch golf.

Time, practice, patience.

Every time I step on the course I believe I can hit every shot I want and sink every putt from 100ft to 1inch.

Realistically that is not true, but that goal of being at zero is what makes me come back. It's what drives me crazy since I am slinged up and can't play.

Believing that I can be great or the greatest is what drives everything really, career and hobbies. Regardless of the realistic outcome.

I honestly believe I could be a + handicapper but I need to sort my brain out.

I'd love to be scratch but I don't really know what my HC is as I don't keep one (GameGolf calculates a "HC" so I have an approximation). In real terms, I'm not motivated by that # but what I would like to do is shoot a few sub-par rounds. To me that is a more tangible and motivating goal than a scratch HC.

I would love to have the time / energy to try to be a scratch golfer. Regardless, I learned long ago there are things I want that will never happen.

I will just give a simple answer of yes

Back