Do you desire to become a scratch golfer?

Nope, Can't see it happening. I'd like to get down to about a 12. IF I can reach that then maybe a single digit

I'd be happy if I could get to an 8 or so. More lessons will be key. Spent enough time not getting better on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I do desire it. I just lack the talent to get me there. I could live with myself if I were a 6-7 handicap.

not really. don't get me wrong it would be great but unless I win the lottery I will never have the time it would take to get me there. I also think it would take so much work it would become more of a job and would take away from the enjoyment of the game.

Do I want to be scratch? Yes! I've worked extremely hard on my game this year...including a lot of changes at the end of last year and through the winter season. I've dropped over 4 strokes off my handicap and I'm getting closer to where I know I can be. I just need to start hitting fairways with my driver. If that happens, I know I'll be scratch.....

Yes, I want to be scratch, and I really believe I could get there if I had the time to work towards it. But I'm enjoying my kids growing up way more than I ever would being scratch.

I desire to be the best I can be, if that's a scratch golfer I'm cool, if that's just a single digit I'm also ok with that.

I really want to be a scratch golfer one day. But if my full potential is only a single digit handicap, I'd be content with that. I don't think I'd be happier with a cap higher than a 9 in the next few years. I do know it takes a lot of time and work to get there so I don't have a set date in mind to reach the goal.

Do I desire to become Scratch? Yes.

Is it realistic based on my finances, time, and commitments? No.

I desire to be a scratch golfer. But that is not my current goal. I want to have a hcp low enough to qualify for a USGA event, which is about 4. If I can get there, then scratch will become a goal, but it is not right now.

Not a goal so much as an aspiration but I lack the time and financial availability to even pursue it. I could live at the range, lesson tee and course but I would have to live there.

I desire to become Canadan. If I can get to that level I would be a-ok.
Haha oh god don't start that again... I'm a very very strange near scratch player. Go for stock scratch instead!!

For most it is a goal that is unrealistic. Whether it be the physical side of golf or the mental side, scratch is just not in the cards for millions and millions of people all over the world, no matter how many balls you hit, how many lessons you take or how much money you spend on clubs.

My brother and I grew up in a golfing family and were around it while our mother had yet to give birth. She took us to the course as babies. My brother at age 25 was scratch and won a couple of club championships (one beating Jim Gallager Jr.) but it only lasted a few years. I got down to about a 4 handicap between age 25 and 30, but then with age, comes health issues and other things that come up in life.

Aiming to be a 10 handicap is more realistic for a larger number of us. A bogey golfer will beat many of the people he/she plays with over time. There are far more higher handicap players than lower handicappers.

I'm happy at my age (53 soon to be 54) being at 11. I have the ability to take it lower still I think, but don't have the time or put in the effort. I just go and play. Some of the guys I have the most fun playing with are 20 handicappers. They still love the game, but like me accept the fact that a tour player we will never be.

I desire to be a scratch golfer. But that is not my current goal. I want to have a hcp low enough to qualify for a USGA event, which is about 4. If I can get there, then scratch will become a goal, but it is not right now.

I'm with you here. I'm starting with qualifying for a NJSGA event which would be the NJ Amateur (7.0) or Mid-Am (7.0). The Publinks (8.0) is a possibility in 2017, if I'm not at my current club and the NJ Open (5.0) after that. I play with a guy who's a 2 and tried to qualify for the Mid-Am last week. They took top 28 and ties and Ron shot 79 and missed the cut by 2 strokes. This will be a tough challenge for us!

Haha oh god don't start that again... I'm a very very strange near scratch player. Go for stock scratch instead!!

Come on, stock is boring. We like very very strange!

I have the desire, I have the passion but it seems like I'm short on potential....but I will continue to dream, and work towards at least one day playing to my potential.

I have the desire, I have the passion but it seems like I'm short on potential....but I will continue to dream, and work towards at least one day playing to my potential.
That is beautiful

are you by chance a motivational speaker? Or a high school counselor ?

Hehe I do it cause I know you love it

0 desire...at this point in time i do not have the time and resources to dedicate for that.

I do want to eventually get to single digits

It would be cool. But I don't put enough into it to desire it.

I played to a +2 before I stopped keeping an accurate HDCP ( turned Pro). It took a lot of practice and playing to get there and if I was told that I had to get that low again then I prolly couldn't do it due to time restraints and injuries.

I've been close before, most likely, but I didn't have an official handicap so I don't know for sure. I'm my early 20s, when I played a couple times a week, there were months where I never shot out of the 70s. I didn't make a ton of birdies back then (still don't, but make more now) so super low rounds never came. Since getting married and having a kid, time has dwindled and I don't get to put the rounds in I would need to play scratch. My official handicap is currently 7.1, but that is due to a limited number of rounds played this year and one pretty good day at a really tough course. I think I have the time to be a legit 5-7, but I'm not willing to give up what it would take to go lower.

Give 'em hell!

I desire to fulfill my potential as a golfer. That doesn't mean scratch. That just means better than I am now.

Been there and done it and I just don't have/want to invest the time necessary.

I'm not happy with the terrible golfer I am today but I'll never spend 4-5 days a week at the range and playing 3-4 times as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back