Do you game mismatched wedges?

millsan1

I've figured this game out! Oh wait, no I haven't
Reaction score
Handicap
14?
I was reflecting on this, and I actually game 4 wedges, PW, 50, 56, 60.

Of those 4, all 4 are different.

PW = Ping
50 = SM7
56 = RTX4
60 = RTX3

PW came with my iron set.
50 was obtained at a Titleist event this year, and I really like it.
56 filled a gap, I already had the 60 RTX3, so I went with the newer version for the 56.
60 was my first true wedge, replaced some infomercial wedges.

I get the RTX 3 and 4 are not that different, but still.

So is it unusual to game that many different brands in the wedges?

I use a set PW and AW (CF19), and then have a 54 and 58 PM in the PM Grind, so, slightly mis-matched.

Yes, pw with the set, 2x sm7s then an md4

I have to get accurate numbers to see if there's gapping issues but the md4 is a 58 so I seldom use it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes; Wilson Staff set PW and GW, with Cobra Trusty Rusty SW and LW. There could be a Callaway LW in there soon, too.

My OCD will not allow me to go the mismatched route. Have almost always played the same OEM with wedges as the iron set. Only way I would is if I played a forged iron set from an OEM that did not offer forged wedges.

I never have, but I will once my Jaws comes in

Pretty much the same here. I have a Wilson Staff PW which came with the set 46?? I think. A mid-wedge I got at a Golf Galaxy, house brand Maltby 54. I picked up a used Ping 58 somewhere along the way that is pretty much my sand wedge. I'll use the 54 from sand if I want more carry.

Excluding the pitching wedge, I have always matched my wedges as far as model and finish. Just the consistency of feel and look has made it an automatic for me to have the same.

PW - set
50* - Cleveland CBX2
54* - Mizuno
58* - Mizuno
The 54 and 58 are the same wedges, but 54 is high bounce and 58 is lower bounce.

don't matter to me, all about finding what works best for that spot in the bag. I have set PW/AW (44/48*) then a CBX 52 and a PM Grind 58. Happy with it, but of course want to test out the CBX2 as well as the new Jaws MD5s...

I try my hardest not to at least on a brand level. Mismatched lines I wouldn't mind as much, but mismatched brands I hate for some weird reason.

Set PW (Mizuno) then 3 SM7's in 50/54/58

I have before, it doesn't really phase me if the setup gets the job done.

Will likely this year as I can see the 48 CBX2 sticking and then carrying MG2's in the 54/60

PW and AW are from my set of irons.

I have an RTX 3 in 54 and 58.

These have performed well for me but I'm interested in finding an RTX 3 50 degree.

I think the vast majority will have different SW/LW than their PW. The people with a GW that matches their PW are probably close to the number of people whose GW matches their SW.

I have a Z785 PW and Vokey GW, SW, LW.

I think the true outliers in this conversation are those who have 4 (or even 3) different brands.

My GW is from the set . But 52,56,60 are all matched

I don't think it's unusual. I game set PW and AW, and rtx 56 & 60's . The shape of even my set PW and AW are pretty dramatically different IMO, and my 56 & 60 aren't the same setup because I use them differently.

I mean, how many people that do play all the same brand have all the same bounce or grind on them? They're each for an individual purpose, so brand shouldn't really matter.

In fact, I have my rtx's in different colors because I don't even want them to look the same. Different clubs, different purpose, different look.

it is my absolute preference to play the same wedge build.
Translation: I would freak out and die having to play mixed wedges

Yes Set PW, Vokey 50* & 54*, and a Hi-Toe 60*

I don't, but I don't mind either way. My next 54/58 will probably be Vokey's, but I'll keep the 50 because it's not as worn.

PW - Set Srixon Z-Forged
50/54/58 - Cleveland RTX4

So I guess you could say mine are matched

Mine is totally a mixed set and I don’t mind it at all as I bought them individually at various points.

PW - Cobra Baffler
AW - Callaway X series
GW - Cobra Baffler XL
SW - Callaway Mack Daddy4 S Grind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back