Do You Like Tech Talk?

I do. I don't always understand it but that motivates me to learn more.

Definitely! I think half the fun of buying new shiny things, is understanding why it is that the clubs your considering are in fact at the top of the list.

In case feedback is actually desired ... ;)

Genuinely wasn't' asking about our tech talk segments, just asking if people enjoy talking and learning about tech.
We have so many types it would be impossible to dissect honestly. From Range Days to interviews and everything in between.

I will listen to the people with much more knowledge talk for hours, but I don't understand enough to be able to participate most of the time.

The question is in the title, but diving in further, how much do you like to dive in and discuss the deeper parts of the tech in golf clubs? Do you like doing it and hearing from those that create it?
I've got kind of an advantaged perspective in being able to be at the source talking to them, but that's a big part of why I love THP on YouTube. It provides that direct link that is so fantastic for golfers.

Get questions answered from the guys who built the clubs, in a way that is actually easy to understand. Perfect.

I will listen to the people with much more knowledge talk for hours, but I don't understand enough to be able to participate most of the time.

We hope for anybody that doesn't understand that leads to asking questions so people can help. The goal is to help or at least that is the intent.

Genuinely wasn't' asking about our tech talk segments, just asking if people enjoy talking and learning about tech.
We have so many types it would be impossible to dissect honestly. From Range Days to interviews and everything in between.

(y) Roger that. I enjoy it. BTW, I wasn't critiquing any existing content or approach. I just know what works for me, and the education part of my work life is one where hyper-continuous feedback, evaluation and adjustment is entrained into my thinking. I so look forward to someday retiring, hopefully much sooner than later.

I'm an official propeller hat, pocket protector wearing engineer, so of course!

I think it's a very important part of the golf experience. There is a fine line between losing the crowd and keeping people interested. But a solid and simple explanation of design goals or issues in discovering new tech. I think that more than has its place in a golf forum.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Without being too technical, yes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Can't get enough.....technology is fascinating.

Other than bending my irons a couple of degrees upright, I've never paid attention to the technical details of golf equipment. I've also never been fitted for any club, nor had any time on a launch monitor to determine what technology would benefit me the most.

That said, I'd be all over the technology if/when I ever make a commitment to optimize equipment for my swing.

We hope for anybody that doesn't understand that leads to asking questions so people can help. The goal is to help or at least that is the intent.
Without a doubt-- generally speaking, you guys answer the questions before they become questions but I would still not consider myself knowledgeable on various topics. I'd say informed would be the better terminology.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I've really started enjoying it ever since I joined THP. In three past I only cared what happened when it was in my hands but now I love hearing the magic behind the equipment. I've become a better golfer since I started digging in also.

Love tech talk. I always like getting the entire story from the people that designed the tech that drives their clubs. I don't always understand the intricacies of every detail. But, I am a naturally curious person who enjoys finding out why things do what they do.

Always enjoy it and seeing how it progresses.

Yep, I find it interesting and it's a fun hobby to go along with actually playing golf. I don't get on the course nearly as much as I'd like so it keeps me engaged while not playing.

As someone who is an admitted complete neophyte when it comes to golf club technology, I find myself extremely willing to learn as much as possible about the technology of the club. Very interested!

Same here. More knowledge never hurts your understanding of the game.

I love tech talk. Not just within the golf industry, but with everything. The more I know about the products I use or might use in the future, the better in my opinion.

Yes. I like to hear about the concepts behind the tech, how it was implemented, as well as how it benefits the golfer.

I do. I don't always understand it but that motivates me to learn more.
I am right there with you. Don't always understand it all, but certainly motivated to learn about tweaks made to equipment and the technological advancements.

I am an IT guy. Data is like crack. I out "data'd" my local fitter. I created a template to run my gamer balls through to validate roundness. I once measured my iron weight discrepancies down to the nearest tenth of an ounce across the entire line because I had just cleaned them and had nothing better to do.

Yeah I you could say I like tech talks.

I dig it

I LOVE tech talk! As with many here, I don't understand a lot of it, but I'm getting better at following the dialogue! I love the THP Tech with the makers, TM, Callaway, clubs, balls,,ALL of it! Many times it will force me to rethink how I swing and why! I loved the Wilson driver series!

I love tech talk. I'm always interested in the design intent and outcome of the product. Breaking down the details is a big part of the testing fun.

Back