So did @Canadan get a good sleep and make a decision on which mallet to try.
I think you should pick your tip 3-5 you would be willing to try and make a poll and let the forum decide your fate on this one. :) I mean how bad could that be?
hahaha, maybe.

...or maybe I'm already doing that with the top OTR thread?!

I have not tried one. Maybe I should but I just prefer the blade.

You clearly haven't put much thought into my futura if you keep saying that.
Dan, you said you end up buying mallets but never getting along with them. Which ones have you tried? Which have fit your eye in the past? Are there any current models you want to try / like the shape of?

I got my first putter fitting a few weeks ago. Been playing wide blades forever. SAM lab and fitter say a mallet with more toe hang will help, as I tend to close the face on the way forward.

Ended up going with a Toulon Portland mid mallet. I just don't feel comfortable with these giant full mallets like the Spider these days.
8a54db18d4269f453fbc7407a8210194.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dan, you said you end up buying mallets but never getting along with them. Which ones have you tried? Which have fit your eye in the past? Are there any current models you want to try / like the shape of?
Very brief stint with a #7.
Scotty x5 lasted probably the longest, just gave it away to a family member.
Various versions of the Spider.
I had a Portland for about 15 minutes, which got 'dibs' on it from AMart haha.
Scotty Squareback.
Bettinardi SS9, same thing. very brief.
Bettinardi Inovai. Way too heavy.
Cleveland Cero TFI 2135 might have been the best for me, but that shape is tough to look at.

Not sure where I want to go. Maybe a bridge option like the double wide? Maybe a Las Vegas? Atlanta? Something even bigger?

Scotty Squareback.
Cleveland Cero TFI 2135 might have been the best for me, but that shape is tough to look at.

Not sure where I want to go. Maybe a bridge option like the double wide? Maybe a Las Vegas? Atlanta? Something even bigger?

Betti Inovai 6.0. It's blue.

Scotty Squareback.

So you've at least tried a lot of different shapes. You are a good putter and confidence plays a huge roll in that. If you aren't comfortable looking at it then it will be tough to play it with any confidence. Maybe the beautiful custom blades are right for you? (I will note that Elevado is not on your list and I'm a #7 guy and this won out over my exo and the las Vegas I demoed it against. It's a smaller profile and feels great.)

I mean I'm #TeamBlade, but if you have not tried one how do you know what you prefer?
You have a point but I just like the look of my blade. That’s also why I said I should probably give one a try.
I did try an Olson Retro but it didn’t work for me, that’s why it’s now for sale.

I would go:
1. Double Wide
2. Toulon Seattle
3. Toulon Atlanta
4. Ten

I dabble. I have a Memphis that I've been gaming but keep going back to my Madison.

It's a beauty. Still not sold on 358g when playing at 35 inches. That's a LOT of weight.
Their mom says they still look great though and they don’t need to lose any

I game one of the original Futuras. My buds like to call it my microwave oven...

What's it gonna be, Canadan, yes or no?

I started with a blade putter but I switched to a mallet and I love my Seemore Si5.
I have considered going to a mid sized mallet.

Have played an Odyssey Rossie II, Odyssey 2 Ball Blade and now a Taylormade Spider X. The Spider X is new to me. Potentially replacing my Vons SS398 blade.

I think you need to embrace the pizza @Canadan. Toulon Indy, or better yet...Stroke Lab Indy EXO.

I mean, it looks kinda like a blade at address.

I also recomend trying the double wide. It's a mid-mallet tweener. Best of both worlds. ;)

I think you need to embrace the pizza @Canadan. Toulon Indy, or better yet...Stroke Lab Indy EXO.

I mean, it looks kinda like a blade at address.
I think I might give the Vegas a real shot this year.

Back