Do you mind having a bag from a manufacturer when none of your equipment is from that manufacturer?

I wouldn't want a bag that doesn't match any of my clubs, seems like bad ju ju 🤣

But, I have a vessel so it's not a thought for me anymore

I had a WIlson bag with mainly non WIlson stuff for years. Have a Stitch now and no WIlson. Sorry I do have a putter

A bag is like any other piece of equipment. If it's great for me, I'll use it. I have a Taylormade carry bag that is awesome. I'm not going to give it up just because I don't typically* have Taylormade equipment in it.

My Ogio golf bag might really set the OCD off in some - it's orange and black with KTM (motorcycle brand) logos. The dealer cut me a smokin' deal on it when I bought my KTM dirt bike in 2003 and I couldn't pass it up. It's now my spare club bag in the garage.

That bag sounds awesome. Of course, I’d have to buy a KTM to go with it. Hmm...wonder if I can find a Yamaha bag.

So when the inside doesn't match the name on the outside basically, not okay... So what if someone has a Ping putter cover on a non-Ping putter, because it looks good, matches the bag, and fits in it better than the one meant for the putter? Asking for a friend.

That’s psychopath stuff right there.

It would definitely bother me yes...its stupid, but 100% would annoy me having a bag without any of that OEM's clubs

its also why I now have Vessel and Stitch bags so I dont have to worry about it

I am surprised at how many THPers own Vessel bags.

No, I tend to think of the bag as it's own piece of equipment and does not need to represent what I am gaming.

Would not bother me at all. I've been looking at some of the new Ping bags, but I've never owned even one Ping club.

when i was carrying my TM bag without having any TM clubs in it, it didn't bother me, per se...but i felt like i needed to get rid of the bag. i don't know what that says about me.

Though I like my bag matching some of my equipment, it's not a deal breaker for me either. My college bag was a Ping Hoofer and it was a great little bag but I didn't have a single Ping. Granted that's a little different, but it still holds true.

I've had it with some TM bags and Nike bags in the past. I'd prefer to have something in play from the OEM, but not a necessity.

One of my golf buddies at work and I were talking about this the other day. He tends to be a PING guy and bought a PING bag, but currently has no PING equipment. He said it was bugging him to use the bag. I don’t know why, but I also kind of dislike having an OEM bag if I don’t have any of that OEM’s equipment. Do others of you feel this way?
Pretty much i am that guy, I have a Ping Cart Bag that i use more than any of my bags for my push cart. I own a ping Putter, but its not in my normal rotation at this time

Not at all, I'd love a Vessel bag, for example.

I don't mind, if @Canadan can wear joggers, I can have a bag from a manufacturer that doesn't make my clubs

One of my golf buddies at work and I were talking about this the other day. He tends to be a PING guy and bought a PING bag, but currently has no PING equipment. He said it was bugging him to use the bag. I don’t know why, but I also kind of dislike having an OEM bag if I don’t have any of that OEM’s equipment. Do others of you feel this way?
Yes. Zero Calloway stuff except for my bag

little late to the thread but i am a doesn't matter what name is on the bag as long as i like the bag. right now my bag says top flight on it. i have not owned a top flight club since i first started playing 25 years ago

It would mess with me for sure. I don't need a complete set to match the bag, but I'd need SOMETHING from the OEM or it would be weird. I generally go non equipment maker bags partly for that reason.

The bag doesn’t have to be full of that manufacturer’s equipment. In my mind it needs to have at least a driver or the irons. I am weird, huh? It’s kind of like how some people will punch you in the face if yo show up with white socks or open a bag of chips in the cart. 😂
I get it. I don't subscribe to the thought myself but I get it...

White socks I can understand... that's why mine are black and I wear low ankle socks. Great for shoes, not so great for boots.

What I don't get is the chips in the cart thing. Is that like a superstition along the lines of a woman on a ship distracting the crew and angering the sea gods, or a babnana on a boat not allowing it to catch fish or something, or just quirky playing partner not liking the crunch of chips?

If you look at my signature, it's TM, Mizuno, cleveland, odyssey... and I need to add Callaway. There is no Bettinardi in my bag. It doesn't bother me to have a mish mash of clubs. I think it makes it look more like I know what I'm doing than being frugal.:ROFLMAO: Although my golf game cannot attest to that fact.:cry:

Definitely dont think I could, would be like having a Camron putter cover when I dont own a Camron putter.

It didn't use to bother me at all and I am still happy to have whatever clubs in any brand of bag, however I am now feeling the need for the headcovers and bag to coordinate and also the towel has to be the same brand as the bag, both titleist at the moment.o_O

Not an issue here at all. If you like the bag, why should it matter? Maybe if you have to have all your clubs be the same brand, I guess I could see it.

Doesn’t phase me. I don’t have any, nor will I have any, PING in the bag this year, but they make the best bags out there imo, so I use one.

If you're weirded out by that, then who is buying "Bag-Boy" and "Ogio" bags?

Back