Do You Own a Shaft Puller?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes or no? And if yes, which model?

No, but I want one. A cheaper, non production style one for driver adapters and a set of irons here and there. I’ve seen a couple “cheap” ones and am not impressed with them. Consider me subscribed.

Yes, older Golfsmith Shaft Extractor the standard threaded pull style with a spring to load tension. Been interested in the newer Golf Mechanix versions but can’t justify the price... yet.
7DDB0040-B9A3-4BF4-AC8B-4194A6F87BA3.jpeg
“Olde Faithful”

Last edited:
Something of a Mitchell knockoff, I guess? Seems to do the job just fine, even for adapters if I absolutely needed one.

No, but I’d like to change that in the near future!

I have an old Roberts that used to be sold on eBay I believe. Basically rigged up on a hydraulic pump.

It works perfectly well, although it does drip which is annoying. For what I need, it does a great job.

I do not, but have thought many times about wanting to get one.

Nope. I'm fairly handy and think it's well within my mechanical capabilities. That said; I leave tasks like this to the equipment professionals at PGA SS or Golf Galaxy.

Not anymore. I tried to find one on the THP marketplace with no luck. Was going to buy new but never got around to it 🤣

Best one I ever owned was from JB enterprises if I recall. Had an awesome clamping system. I think the bottle jack types you see these days are based on that. None of them come close though. It's all in the clamp.

Nope and that's why all of my shafts are still in good shape :p

Yes or no? And if yes, which model?

no but I want one. I have thought about buying this model for a while.

I have pulled some steel shafts out of iron head but I just heat them up and twist them off by hand.

Yes, GolfWorks enhanced shaft extractror. It dos the job it's intended for. No frills but works fine.

Yes. Golf mexhanix.

Attachments

• 480F7F95-3122-46F1-8662-9F5EBC5320ED.jpg
    480F7F95-3122-46F1-8662-9F5EBC5320ED.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 31
No but I should pick one up since there is a severe lack of people doing any club work up here!

I have an old Roberts that used to be sold on eBay I believe. Basically rigged up on a hydraulic pump.

It works perfectly well, although it does drip which is annoying. For what I need, it does a great job.

same here. Works good enough for me.

No, but I fear I am going to need to buy one. I am tired of having to drop off driver/fairway shafts to a local shop just to pull the existing hosel off so I can build the rest.

Yep, couldnt do all the stuff I do without my old school hydraulic Roberts shaft puller

Yes. I have The GolfWorks Enhanced Graphite Shaft Extractor

f3c8552a24154a96362c091e7db5ba33.jpg

No, don’t own one.

I do, but haven't yet taken it out of the box. Golfworks something or other, spring loaded do-hickey.

Back