Do You Putt at Home?

Been using a Perfect Practice mat. I feel like I practice more than I ever have and it’s really enjoyable. Helps that I have three different putters to work through too. Seems like there is always something to work on

Rarely...... but if I do on carpet.I. do have a Putt out and one of those electronic holes that shoots the ball back to me but prior to this year my dog would rarely let the ball get to the hole before snatching it up. No matter where she was in the house, she could hear me start and fly down the stairs....it was a game of cat and mouse. I eventually gave up as it was a race. So far this year with shoulder flare up (again), I haven’t even attempted a swing or a putt. Soon, I hope.

Driving trip. Just grabbed the putter since I knew I would be here for 2-3 weeks.

I've taken clubs to hit a range while I traveling for work but, haven't drug a putter up to my room before

I try to putt everyday on my mat. Not always serious practice but at least feel the ball come off the putter face

extensive practicing while I do golf workouts in between sets about 4 times per week. I have a modern matt that has curves in it and a likely 40 year old 12 x 1 rectangular matt. I find the rectangular matts are better to perfect my setup. The straight edges help me with an alignment aid.

I don't practice to see the ball go in but rather to see it go end over end quickly and without wabble. The second focus is on a setup that I can repeat on the course.

Yes. Use a Big Moss mat that I have owned for 10 or 11 years.

I do more than most, often an hour or more each day in the winter. Yesterday I probably putted 2.5 hours while watching golf as the high temp was -6* and I didn’t feel like going anywhere. I’m holding out hope that it will traslate to more putts made on the course one of these years. I have a 15’ by 5’9” green. Putting for me is my biggest area for improvement and it’s mostly mental as I putt well on the practice green. For my index I’m a better than most at lag putting but I miss way too many putts in the 4-10 foot range. I’m evidence that great putters are born, not made, lol.

I just scheduled a series of putting lessons and maybe this is my year to get better with the flat stick.

D6E5096A-49A7-439F-A97C-42580FC445EE.jpeg

Perfect carpeting on the master bedroom so yes, quite often. Usually before bed :sleep:

I have a cheap Putt-A-Bout but it works fine.

Nah...we're talking about practice?

That's all I can do at the moment because of lockdown. I have the The Perfect Putting Matt which is really good and I also have the PuttOUT Pressure Putt Trainer which I put on the matt.

I have a SKLZ mat that gets the job done. I roll putts from various distances on the mat and practice hitting at different paces from the same distance. I have a PuttOut mirror and gates that I use as well. The biggest problem is...
4B66F46D-D9A0-4F15-9211-A7A775CB0FB5.jpeg

I've got a 10'x10' piece of indoor/outdoor carpet in my garage I use occasionally.

I have a well putt mat and the putt put pressure putt tool. I roll that over the top of hard wood.

Been spending quite a lot of time in the basement this winter

20201212_112407.jpg

I am glad I went for a birdie ball mat way back in May of last year after working from home. It is a great way to get my speed better for 15-20 foot putts. I'll test my putting skills out on the course once the snow melts in another 8 months.

85252582-4A2E-4F80-85AF-1330475EFA9A.jpeg

Roll it out and work on the stroke. At least 4-5 times a week.

PuttOut set-up for me. I don't use it as much as I should, but typically get in 2-3 times per week.

putting matt with 3 holes, a bit flimsy, but it works to help me with a consistent stroke

I putt all winter long in the basement.
No matt...berber carpet in the basement and putt to a red solo cup laying down.

I have a Varispeed mat indoors and a 5'x 7' piece of outdoor carpet ( fast ) on the patio that I use with a SKLZ putt pocket for outside.
The patio has some slope, so I can putt right to left and L-R, as well as up and downhill variations.
I also have 3 shedding big dogs (2 Labs and a Doodle) so my practice areas are often kinda furry.....

I do. Used to practice on the indoor/outdoor carpeting in the basement. Recently purchased a ten foot WellPutt mat. Use a PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer with it.

I've got a Perfect Putting Matt and then a Putt Out mat and Putt Out trainer.

Use them pretty much every day.

My wife bought me a putt out and mat a couple years back. Didnt use it much in year one but have really started using it this off season

I have a 13 foot Well Putt mat and the Pressure Putt trainer. Need to use them more than I do.

I really like the app that’s available for the Well Putt mat. It contains “courses” where each hole consists of a place to putt from on the mat and a target. You get three putts to hit the target. Then you interact with the app indicating whether you hit it or not. It keeps a history of your scores, and it’s encouraging to see them improve over time.

Back