Do You Putt at Home?

I have a SKLZ mat that gets the job done. I roll putts from various distances on the mat and practice hitting at different paces from the same distance. I have a PuttOut mirror and gates that I use as well. The biggest problem is...
View attachment 8993499
I have the same issue at home.....

Tell me, for those that Putt indoors during the winter, do you THINK or do you KNOW that it makes a difference when you start playing in the spring or is putting indoors for your "Mental Health"? and it's ok if that's the reason, we all can use a little Mental Health help these days.

The one fun thing about working remote is being able to just hit putts whenever I want in my basement. Use the putting mat and Puttout Trainer all the time.

I putt everyday!! I uses the carpet and have my Puttout that I putt to. I do not have a mat...yet!

I have a SKLZ indoors and works great for me. Definitely makes a difference.

Tell me, for those that Putt indoors during the winter, do you THINK or do you KNOW that it makes a difference when you start playing in the spring or is putting indoors for your "Mental Health"? and it's ok if that's the reason, we all can use a little Mental Health help these days.

IMO, mat practice is never going to be identical to a real green, but the speed control developed on a mat will translate to the green if you adapt the feel you’ve built on the mat to the actual playing conditions.

IMO, mat practice is never going to be identical to a real green, but the speed control developed on a mat will translate to the green if you adapt the feel you’ve built on the mat to the actual playing conditions.
It helps. It's like wondering if a simulator helps for on the course results. It's not quite the same, of course, but it helps create a consistent stroke. I noticed a difference after a winter of occasional indoor putting.

I have a 20 foot birdie ball mat and I putt in the basement. I threw a 6 foot long chalk line on there this weekend and have been working on rolling the putt down the line.

I have a Big Moss V2 that I putt on in the basement. I need to use it more than I do though.

I want to start more. Just need to get a mat. Looking at the putt out mat mostly

I have the puttout mat and pressure trainer, although I am using the carpet and putting to a tee as I wanted to dial in my focus more than just at the hole.
I use it every day and have to get at least 5 in a row from 4' before I can put the putter down, I don't know if its helping as I haven't seen the course in six weeks but my aim and alignment are feeling better.

Since it’s slow season for me and I have a home office, been putting a lot just on carpet now but considering getting some type of mat

I have a birdie ball mat I purchased years ago. Its not great but serves the purpose I guess. I'm usually bored after about 5-10 mins :ROFLMAO:

Not as much as I need to be lol! I have a perfect practice matt that I use that works well.

I "carpet putt" from time to time. I will put two unopened beer cans a few feet apart and putt back and forth to them. When done, I drink the beer.......

Back in the day I use to use the small end of a red fire brick to putt to. Usually from 6-7 feet. The idea was to hit the end of the fire brick with enough force, that the ball would return to me. Tempo/timing practice.

Since my putting, and chipping strokes are identical, it's a two birds with one stone type practice.

I use a Wellputt premium 13ft mat.

I've got a Putt Out matt and Pressure Trainer. I used them a lot more last year - need to get back to that routine!

I have an outdoor putting green, but I don't use it that often in the winter. We (the family) do putt on it more in the spring/summer/fall.

Attachments

• 4AA3B3AC-BB9A-485E-B6F1-89C82C05E653.jpeg
    4AA3B3AC-BB9A-485E-B6F1-89C82C05E653.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 2
Yes, I use my well putt mat.

I have a putt-out mat and trainer in my office.
Hoping to get a Big Murph or similar in my basement at some point.

My living room carpet stimps at 10. So the putter comes out occasionally.

In my office I have a cup/flag set up and the carpet breaks about 1 ft. right to left.... :)

Back