Do you think you could be a Pro Caddy?

Not a chance. I think there are so many small things I wouldn't give thought to and I would tick off my player and get fired after a practice round.

I'm with Spivey. I'd be fired by the 5th hole (and that is being kind).

While the traveling and money would be awesome I don't like being talked down to.

So I guess the answer is it depends who for.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If I were single, yes. I've looped in the past and looped for a few pros a handful of times. The relationship I had with my players was solid and I still hang with them today. Not all players act like bubba or TW some have solid relationships with their players.

In my younger days if given a chance, why not? I always joke around with my normal partner I should caddy for him because I can club him better than he can and try and talk him in to/out of shots when we play...

Assuming I didn't have kids, sure.

I play with caddies all the time in my country so I know what I'm supposed to do. I also know how to read and make topographic maps, so I think I'll do okay.

I would prefer to caddie for the ladies, so there's no ego issue, although it would be interesting to caddie for Tiger, Vijay, Jason and maybe John Daly.

For Bubba and Reed, they'll have to pay extra. :)

I would love it. I have no kids or wife nor do I want to. I used to play poker for a living so I am used to the ups and downs money wise. Only bad thing is probably the fact you don't play as much golf as you want. I actually had a friend who was going to let me caddie for him at pre qualifying Q school event. Sadly I couldn't spare the money to fly out and he obv couldn't pay as mini tours don't exactly pay a lot. Would totally caddie for anyone on short notice for a 12 pack if it meant getting the chance to caddie in the future.

Big props to that caddie. Cruel and unusual punishment, but props for putting up with that. haha
He has said he would rather Bubba yell at him and get it out of his system so he is good to go before he hits his next shot.

Would love to try, but I don't have the golf knowledge ... nor could I help read a green ...
The greens are already mapped out an amazing degree. Trick is knowing when the players wants your opinion or just wants to be told his read is correct.

20 years ago yes...now nope

Assuming I didn't have kids, sure.

I play with caddies all the time in my country so I know what I'm supposed to do. I also know how to read and make topographic maps, so I think I'll do okay.

I would prefer to caddie for the ladies, so there's no ego issue, although it would be interesting to caddie for Tiger, Vijay, Jason and maybe John Daly.

For Bubba and Reed, they'll have to pay extra. :)

Never even thought about it from a LPGA point of view. The ego issue is a great point!!!

I would love the opportunity. But the price is way to costly for me.

My biggest issue is my family, I enjoy being with them way to much to give that away for a chance to walk inside the ropes. That's a hell of a sacrifice as far as I'm concerned.

For those saying the LPGA, I'm not sure I would enjoy that as much. Go to an event and see what those caddies go through in comparison the the men's. It's certainly different.

If I was single I would do it in a heartbeat. I love this game and I think I have the right mentality to be a decent caddy.

All the other stuff doesn't bother me.

I really enjoyed my caddy days when I was in college. One of my favorite spring/summer jobs. I could never do it now with my family commitments. My heart wouldn't be into it.

>> Do you think you could be a Pro Caddy? <<

No way ... I'd need a cart :act-up:

Bob

Nope. Maybe in 5 years or so I could start to imagine it. I can hit the ball and have enough athletic ability to fairly quickly improve my game. But I do not have the needed experience or knowledge at reading greens managing shots, or other important course management needs. I could only serve as an auto-driving golf bag cart.

I would love to do it, but I dont think it would be plausible in order to start and support a family

Would be like being a roadie after awhile... You are never on stage.. Lots of time on the road... I pass... One event .. Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While the traveling and money would be awesome I don't like being talked down to.

If your guy doesn't win and makes $1.5 million you only make $75-80k. If you guy is outside of the top 80 you make between $30k and $60k. Plus you have to pay your own expenses.

I think you would find sharing a room at Motel 6 seven nights a week and driving from city to city in a beat up Chevy somewhat less glamorous than you imagine.

I could be easily. Back in the day, I caddied at the club ... carrying two, three sets of clubs, up three flights of stairs! JK

Yes, I could ... but do I want to ... NO ... the commitment is too high and I don't want to leave my family for that long. I was once the guy who carried the scorer's sign at the old Kemper Open at Avenel. The guy that lags behind everyone in the group and just carries the sign all day. It was fun as a kid but not so much now I would think.

I think it would be fun to do if money wasn't an issue. I wouldn't want to drive all over, by myself, just in hopes of making a few bucks.

Doing the work is kind of fun. I did it for 12 holes at a Nationwide Tour event. I was watching on 15 (back nine start) when a caddie basically dropped the bag and collapsed under the tree we were under. Was not feeling well and it was 90+. Player came up after putting out to check (it was his brother). Me and my buddy were the only ones around so I told him I'd carry the rest of the way. He just asked if I played and said grab the bag. He took care of the golf stuff for the most part, which was understandable. I did help on one putt since I saw the exact one earlier in the day when I was watching. He still missed it, but I gave him a better read on it. He was a Callaway staffer and a the end gave me a dozen balls that had not yet been released for sale so that was pretty cool. Was really hoping he would have made the cut as I probably would have worked the weekend as well for him but he missed by 2 shots.

One thing you don't realize is that inside the ropes, there is no shade at all and it gets hot. Fortunately there are drinks at every tee box. Biggest thing to learn was where to stand, when to make noise, and when not to make noise.

Never even thought about it from a LPGA point of view. The ego issue is a great point!!!

No offense to Lumpy because he seems to be my kind of guy, but I'd rather loop for Sophie Horn than him on any day.

I would love to. I don't have the game to make it on the tour and being a caddie is a close step

Not me. I have the knowledge but not the body or the good health needed to do the job.

Physically no way in hell could I. I have two good friends who are PGA Tour caddies.

I've gone out with them in the morning of a practice round where they walk the course by them self getting yardage. Then go back put with the player for a practice round.

I was worn out halfway through the am wall through.

I think MSEAMAN said it perfectly when he didn't know to be happy or cry thst he had two more days of lugging the 40ib bag around.

The travel is ungodly as others have said. Sometimes they are on the road 4 to 5 weeks straight go in going stop to stop.

They can't all afford to fly home on Sunday and back on Tuesday.

I have great respect for these guys and they work for two very good guys.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back