Do you travel to play golf....in your own state?

Florida is 15 hours from one tip to the other, so yeah, I travel in my state to play golf.

Yes. All of the time. There is literally nothing in state more than an hour away.

I travel a lot more in state for golf than I do out of state. When I play with the AZTHP crew it's anywhere from 3 - 4 hours (Phoenix area) to 6'ish hours (south Tucson area) each way. We also travel down to Parker (45 min), Fort Mohave/Bullhead City (~1 hour), Williams (~2.5 hours), and/or Kingman (1 hour). Being at the extreme west end of the state (I can literally see California, across the lake from me, from my dining room window), Las Vegas NV is a lot closer to me than any major city in AZ.

Indeed I'll go just about wherever to play. Being centrally located gives me the chance to be just about anywhere in the state within 2 hours give or take.

Depends upon your definition of "travel" today we played the20230808_082303.jpg20230808_082917.jpg Legend at Shanty Creek. 230 miles from home. 9 minutes from the cottage. Lol. My shot of the day was to the green in the 2nd pic. A 211 yard uphill 9 wood that came to rest 3' from its pitch mark. I thought it would show up in pic, but I guess not. I wasn't close to the pin but holding any green uphill from over 200 makes me happy at my age ( 64 in October) and yes, I got my par....

Soooooner!

Shane!!!! I just stick to the outskirts. Have to slum it up there in a few weeks with @Nate.
Oh yea!!! About that Horseshoe Bay Resort time! We might die of heat exhaustion by Sunday but we’ll make it count!! Looking forward to seeing you buddy! Lots to catch up on. Save me a place at the bar!
You better not wear burnt orange 😈

I know he doesn’t own a UT hat like you buddy!!! 😂
All the time. Mostly up to DFW to visit @Nate but I will go anywhere.
We need a Pine Dunes weekend excursion with @Jank & @chasDog & a few others this fall. I need to make this happen. Overdue.

Oh yea!!! About that Horseshoe Bay Resort time! We might die of heat exhaustion by Sunday but we’ll make it count!! Looking forward to seeing you buddy! Lots to catch up on. Save me a place at the bar!

I know he doesn’t own a UT hat like you buddy!!! 😂

We need a Pine Dunes weekend excursion with @Jank & @chasDog & a few others this fall. I need to make this happen. Overdue.
Yes way overdo as is Branson

Yes, 2-3 hours for rounds with friends.

Not very often but I have traveled to Cape Cod and out to the Berkshires to play in the past.

A few times a year I’ll venture out of the area

Yes and no.

I travel throughout my state for work and will have my clubs with me for some rounds.

very rarely do I take a golf specific overnight trip inside NC

Nah. I hate driving 20 minutes to play. Maybe if there was a really good reason, but I do enough driving.

Have you been receiving a lot of rain over the last few weeks? We have been inundated with rain and storms over the last three weeks. Although the last two weeks when not raining, have been very pleasant and somewhat cooler than normal. Lows in the 50s and highs around 80.
We have. It has gone back and forth. It is raining again today and i got an email from the Club that it is cart path only.

We have. It has gone back and forth. It is raining again today and i got an email from the Club that it is cart path only.

The course at my club was flooded in a couple of places back on July 18. We have been CPO pretty much since then. When I played on Sunday (before the rain yesterday and last night), portions of the course were still wet and muddy. I can only imagine it's worse after yesterday.

Trying to travel more to get in some rounds with THPers. Hopefully we will get something setup with the central VA guys in September.

Florida is 15 hours from one tip to the other, so yeah, I travel in my state to play golf.
Same but I am not certainly not traveling that much. I play the north east and Orlando.

Yes, I live on the eastern edge of my state. We have some great courses anywhere from an hour to 3 hours west of me.

I would gladly drive to SA, Austin, Dallas etc to go and play with other THPers

Day trips to other parts of the state? You bet! Moved to this part of the country a few months ago. Found a new friend who is more than willing to travel with me on his day off. We've already played 3 of the top 5 public courses in the state. Making plans to hit the fourth next week.

Not really. With two little ones, playing golf for me is all about how fast I can be back home after I leave.

Yes-I travel to play in state events. Then again Connecticut isn't that big.

Played golf all around the world, and some great courses here in the states. After 20 years Navy and 7 years OTR trucking, my travel days are over. I can't stand being in my truck more than an hour or so.

I stick to my local military courses these days along with a few other courses that are within 45 minutes max.

I do, although I don't travel much further than an hour.

Back