Ill go the opposite and say I find their putting marginal at best outside of the leaders each and every week.

Wowza. I don’t even know how to respond. I’ve long believed that they’re great putters. Every time I tune in I see them either make every putt or leave it at tap in range. No screwing around over 6 footers.

I will watch it when flipping through the channels. Don't watch much TV in general but sometimes on Golf channel the LPGA is on at night and will watch

My favorite tour to watch. The Ladies are more open to the fans. And their distance and What is in the Bag is similar to my setup.

I was paired up as a single with Sherri Steinhauer at Madison Wisconsin on a Muni course (Odana Hills). Retired from the LPGA now, she has 2 British Open titles. I could match her driving distance and fairways hit. Her approach shots lead to birdie putts. Mine it was a struggle to bird te hole. 180 yards and in she was AWESOME!

I watch with enthusiasm. From Imbee Park's controlled swing to Brooke Henderson's attack mode swing, I can relate.

I think anyone would be hard pressed to name a tournament on another tour in 2019 that matched the excitement of the Women's British Open or the Solheim Cup.

I don’t watch much of it but what I do, I always enjoy.

Ill go the opposite and say I find their putting marginal at best outside of the leaders each and every week.
I'm with @JB on this one. I have a lot of love for the LPGA, but I don't watch for their putting.

A lot of ladies in serious contention at the Scottish Open.

Hell ya!

Watched nearly the final round of the Ladies Scottish Open. What a fun one to watch. That was one HELL of a putt by Stacy Lewis on the first hole of the playoff. Great tourney.

I love the LPGA, they seem a lot more controlled and accurate. I never been impressed by super long shots, I like accuracy and course managment, which the ladies are really great at.

Watched the ladies all the time when I had cable. Not much free airwave coverage, unfortunately.
Their consistency was awesome, and if you wanted to watch a clinic on tempo, that was the place to watch. (y)

The ladies' Majors, however, I always thought they should be challenged a bit more like they do for the mens' majors.
Scores are -12 to -15 are too cake walk, bring kinda average players into the fray, and doesn't really reward longer hitters, or those with any one skillset above and beyond, etc. Jack and Tiger could hit the high ball. That kind of challenge.

anne van dam round.png
Well Anne Van Dam's putting this round was marginal at best but that ball-striking is just :love:

Also, I think the idea that the LPGA is more about accuracy and finesse is an illusion. They hit more fairways then the men because they hit it shorter, but they are definitely selling out for power more so than the men. This fact isn't particularly surprising since, given how far they hit it, the LPGA plays effectively longer courses than the PGA. For example, LPGA launch conditions with driver are much closer to optimising for distance than the PGA, and its interesting to note that hip speed is on average faster for a LPGA pro than it is for a PGA pro.

Good finish in Scotland this morning. (y)

I watch the LPGA. Their games are similar to mine. For whatever the reason, I don't think the
Ladies chip and putt to the level of the guys on the PGA tour. Even with that said, their complete
games are head and shoulders above most amateurs. I only watch the Majors on the PGA tour.
500 yard par 4's, driver and wedge. Just like watching the NBA, run down, shoot the 3 or dunk
and back to the other end to do the same thing.

The LPGA is back in action and we wanted to discuss whether or not our readers and forum members watch. There is no right or wrong answer, but give us your thoughts below.

Sports for many is the connection with athletes that do what appears to be impossible. While professional golfers of all tours are playing a “different game” than most amateurs, often times, the LPGA lacks the same kind of passion (by fans) and of course coverage.

Do you watch? If so, why? If not, why not?

maxresdefault-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading...
I DVR every LPGA event but only DVR PGA majors. I watch PGA events when they are on and I'm home but don't mind if I miss them. I do want to watch some of the PGA majors so I DVR those and skip through them to see what I want to see.

I DVR every LPGA event and watch them from start to finish. Much more like my game. I don't hear "she's pulled out a 9 iron for this 186 yard par 3" when the ladies are playing. Drives of 330 plus yards don't exist for me and the guys I play with so the LPGA venues, yardages of 6,600 instead on 7,200 are more what I like to watch.

I watch pretty frequently , unless they are up against one of the PGA tour events with a strong field.

My 2nd favorite tour after the PGA. Have offered to be a host home for Symetra to help the ladies on the junior tour make it. I think they’re more accessible and grateful than the men, and their play is more relatable to most of us. I agree with the short game/putting criticisms and wonder why they aren’t better at this skill but then I wonder the same about my game! And as a man, what’s wrong with watching fit women who are nice and great athletes?

Watched nearly the final round of the Ladies Scottish Open. What a fun one to watch. That was one HELL of a putt by Stacy Lewis on the first hole of the playoff. Great tourney.
Saw that too, nice it was on so early on a Sunday and that was a great money putt

Prefer the LPGA tour a little more identiful to me and not hard to look at

It's harder to find now, but if I find it, I will watch it. Back when I was a young man learning about golf, my Uncle, who was a country club pro beforeWWII, told me to watch the LPGA tourneys on the TV. There was much more of it on broadcast TV then, rather than now, in these "enlightened" times! He felt the lady pro's swings were much more "pure", and the men's swings were more "idiosyncratic".

There used to be an LPGA tourney in our area, and I attended every year. Much closer to my game than the men, and now that I'm 67, it's past my game! Nowadays I'm reduced to watching the Youngstown State U's ladies' golf team destroy the competition in their annual invitational. YSU had a young lady, 2 years ago, who shot a 68 (par 72 from the men's whites, which is where they played from), and then shot a 64 on the second day to take medalist! This young lady hit the ball so far that I couldn't believe it!

Really looking forward to watching the Women's Open Championship over the next 4 days.

Average score midway through the first round of the Women's Open is 75.83, so far, and approaching 40 on the front nine.

I think anyone would be hard pressed to name a tournament on another tour in 2019 that matched the excitement of the Women's British Open or the Solheim Cup.
Did you not watch Sunday at the Masters?

Edit: I can't remember what year it is.

Back