I've said it before but I think I can learn a lot more about the game from them than the guys on the PGA tour. I'll never hit it as long as they do and I enjoy seeing the LPGA course management because they aren't driving it 300+ yards.

I watch and enjoy it, but won't choose it over PGA coverage unless it's some alternate field event. I don't find it as compelling since the talent isn't on the same level as the men.

Yes I do, and in many ways prefer the LPGA. They have to play the course. They can be deadly accurate and consistent. Their distances are much more like my own. For the most of them , they have learned to maxamize their abilities beyond their size and strength. It graceful.

Yes I do, and in many ways prefer the LPGA. They have to play the course. They can be deadly accurate and consistent. Their distances are much more like my own. For the most of them , they have learned to maxamize their abilities beyond their size and strength. It graceful.
I may be wrong, but every time I have seen a lady play golf, it was so much more smooth and consistent. Me and a buddy was teamed up once with a husband and wife and through the whole round his wife was so solid, smooth, and consistent, that being around her playing helped my game.

I often watch youtube vids of the gals playing simply because of the way they play the game. They have a precision smoothness and it has helped me way more than watching the guys.

Most of them will show that you don’t have to swing hard to get results. Swinging correctly and smooth is much more productive. Actually watching the Scottish Open right now.

I don't.
I'll watch the last few holes on Sunday if Henderson or Kang is in the mix, but thats about it.

I've watched it way more than the champions tour. Not having Golf Channel anymore limits my viewing ability though

As often as I can. I love the way they play. I find the PGA bomb and wedge game less interesting in relation to my game. I attend LPGA events as well.

I watch and enjoy it, but won't choose it over PGA coverage unless it's some alternate field event. I don't find it as compelling since the talent isn't on the same level as the men.
They are absolutely as talented as the men, they just aren't as physically big.

Of course, my two favorite things in one, women and golf.

I'll take the LPGA over the other tours any day, love the ladies!

They are absolutely as talented as the men, they just aren't as physically big.
They are tremendously talented. My bottom line is that I prefer watching the best golfers walking the planet, regardless of gender, race, religion, etc. Same reason myself and most others like the NBA better than WNBA.

Yes. Those ladies can putt.

(I will refrain from posting WHY I watch them).

If it is on the golf channel I will definitely watch in background.

I definitely watch it. They have some compelling story lines and good finishing drama. Besides they swing at human speeds - something that more closely resembles my game!

Watched the Ladies Scottish Open yesterday, watching it now and will whatch rounds 3 and 4 this weekend.

Absolutely, I probably watch more LPGA than PGA. I’ve been to both. Lucky enough to have been behind the scenes at both as well several times. The LPGA seems so much more laid back than the PGA. The LPGA players just get it better than the guys. Also the LPGA are so much closer to us mere mortals in terms of swing speed, most of us should be trying to emulate their tempo and swings.

No, not even a little.

No, not even a little.

Why? Those ladies can putt and probably consistently outdrive all of us. My average is not 265, sure I’ll crank every other further than that but that still leaves 50% that are going ???

I really enjoy watching the LPGA and wish they got more screen time.

Watched the Ladies Scottish Open yesterday, watching it now and will whatch rounds 3 and 4 this weekend.
Ooh, good looking out. I didn't know that was on. I too am now watching the lady golfers with the mad skills. Thanks.

Absolutely, I probably watch more LPGA than PGA. I’ve been to both. Lucky enough to have been behind the scenes at both as well several times. The LPGA seems so much more laid back than the PGA. The LPGA players just get it better than the guys. Also the LPGA are so much closer to us mere mortals in terms of swing speed, most of us should be trying to emulate their tempo and swings.

Awesome post! I agree with everything in it.

Why? Those ladies can putt and probably consistently outdrive all of us. My average is not 265, sure I’ll crank every other further than that but that still leaves 50% that are going ???
I don't have Golf Channel because we don't have cable.

Ill go the opposite and say I find their putting marginal at best outside of the leaders each and every week.

Back