I have ideas to boost their ratings but in this overly-sensitive world we live in... I'll not be able to list them

as often as i can

I probably watch the ladies as much or more than the men. Their games while still miles from mine, seem at least somewhat related. With the men, it's like they're playing a different sport.

I enjoy watching LPGA if I happen to catch it. The ladies are straight forward and serious without the "good ol boys": feeling I get from the men. The women just get on with it and their swings are so very smooth and accurate. There are a few smiles of course, but not otherwise much fanfare. Just good, solid, golf. As to which are more competitive, hard to say.

I watch every once in a while. I don’t base my day around it but I’m never against watching a few rounds.

I do look forward to the NWA Championship every Summer though. A short drive to watch some professional golf in person? Yes, please!

I actually just started watching the PGA tour again. I have not seen any LPGA events. It just hasn’t drawn my interest.

Don't make it a priority but do watch a some when I land on it. Not a big draw to me but they have game.

I used to love watching the LPGA. Then was a little turned off a few years ago as many of the top players were not from the USA. The field seems to be more diverse again and now I am back watching.

DVR both but always watch the LPGA first. Many more likable people. I find it hard to find a large number to root for in the PGA. There are still some though.

I love watching them. Saw them in person a few times too just outside AC at the shoprite. I caddied in their pro am there years ago too.

They are great to the fans and fun to watch. So technically sound. Love it.

I’ll watch, as mentioned before they have more relatable swings and they are very smooth. I also love the fact that a lot of there equipment set ups are very comfort related I believe Lexi still plays Cobra Amp irons. I was planning to go to an event this year but COVID shot that down.

I do. I enjoy the LPGA because its a brand of golf that I can relate to. LPGA players hit similar shots to what most of us face in real life and unlike the PGA Tour, you can actually learn something from watching them.
Im never going to hit a 340 yard drive, so I cant even begin to understand the kind of game that PGA Tour players have but I can relate to the LPGA Tour.

I watch the LPGA. Will likely watch more of the LPGA than PGA this week as the weak field in the Wyndham just doesn’t interest me at all.

If golf is on, I will watch it. I DVRed the US Am stuff and will watch the LPGA Unless the PGA is on. Champions is after LPGA 1000% of the time.

Truth be told, I would probably go to a live LPGA event before I'd attend a PGA Tour event - the crowds are smaller, traffic and parking would be less of a pain, and you don't seem to have as many of the beer swilling, mouth breathing "Ba ba BOOOEEYYYYY!" idiots at LPGA events. I'd imagine it's also less expensive, and would still be good, fun golf to watch.

This would be a very cool thing. It's almost hard to believe they haven't done it yet. It would be fun to watch and would be great exposure for the LPGA, and might bring more fans (and more money) to their side of the game.

We went to the Women's US Open in Charleston last year. Had a fun time and it was really great to see all the girls there with their dads. There was a good crowd there, but very well behaved. No screaming "mashed potatoes" , but lots of clapping and "way to go" for good shots

Absolutely do watch it all the time. I love that the LPGA players are just as competitive but they look like they are enjoying it more than the men and I can relate more to their course setups and distances.

The LPGA is back in action and we wanted to discuss whether or not our readers and forum members watch. There is no right or wrong answer, but give us your thoughts below.

Sports for many is the connection with athletes that do what appears to be impossible. While professional golfers of all tours are playing a “different game” than most amateurs, often times, the LPGA lacks the same kind of passion (by fans) and of course coverage.

Do you watch? If so, why? If not, why not?

maxresdefault-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading...
Very rarely.

I watch it because I enjoy golf but I don't actively check to see when it's on tv. If I bump into it i'll watch.

Yes, i love watching for many reasons. Seems more relatable but I'm not sure if it really is.

I also find many of the ladies incredibly attractive.

I watch at least as much LPGA as I do PGA. I find things in their more controlled swings that are useful for me, and outside of yardage, the course setups usually resemble what I get to play more.

I definitely watch from time to time, I enjoy seeing the more realistic numbers compared to mine and how they manage the courses.

I will watch the LPGA action from time to time, as others have pointed out their games are more relatable. It doesn't hurt that most of them are easy on the eyes as well. One fault, if I had to choose, would be the fact that American-born players seem to be the minority - according to LPGA.com only 19 of the top 50 money list are Americans. The Koreans definitely form a solid part of the top 100 - nothing wrong with that.
Truth be told, I always enjoyed watching Annika Sorenstam play, and more recently it was incredible watching Lorena Ochoa over her short but highly successful career. 27 wins in 10 years. Hard to believe that she just "waked away" from the game, but she had accomplished what she set out to do. Such a shame the women's game doesn't earn the coverage or money that the men's game does.

Yes, because I like to watch good golf, bombers or otherwise.

I like to watch when it is on. They are unbelievable with hybrids and fairways.

I really enjoy the LPGA. I like watching all golf and each tour has its own appeal for me.

Back