Does anyone game a 4 wood?

Does anyone game a 4 wood?

• Yes, I use a 4 wood.

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • No, I don't use a 4 wood.

Votes: 58 57.4%

• Total voters
I put the new tight lies in bag at 16* loft and pulled 3 wood when I went to a 3h and a 4h, I carried the strong 3 wood while I was struggling off tee... New driver fixed that so was only hitting three wood once per round on long par fives when I thought I could get there in two...Never worked out that way lol

For several years now my 1st 3 club setup is dr., 4w then 3h. for the same reason as you low ball flight. Plus I dont use a fw for a 2nd driver hardly at all

I have a Cobra Amp Cell 3/4 FW that I have set on 4W. I hit it the same distance as the 3W setting but just wanted the extra loft. It is extremely easy to hit off the deck as well.

I don't have any woods in my bag, but pondering my setup for next year, I'm strongly considering a 4w to bridge the gap between driver and hybrids.

I have a Cobra Amp Cell 3/4 FW that I have set on 4W. I hit it the same distance as the 3W setting but just wanted the extra loft. It is extremely easy to hit off the deck as well.

A lot of people keep mentioning the Amp Cell 3-4W to me. I could not get along with the driver at all so I just ignored the FW. Maybe I need to take a serious look at it.

A lot of people keep mentioning the Amp Cell 3-4W to me. I could not get along with the driver at all so I just ignored the FW. Maybe I need to take a serious look at it.

I am a big fan of the driver but to me the FW is different animal all together. I dont tend to use it off the tee anyway but it was/is extremely easy to hit off the deck.

I'm strongly considering this setup with a 4w and 3H. I am probably going to pickup a 3H regardless, so it's more of a question of what to do about the woods.

Yup - until the #grandaddy.

Sounds like you are in a similar situation as me in terms of off the deck. My new setup will have a x2hot 5deep fairway wood and x2hot 20 degree hybrid.

I think a similar setup would work wonders for you.

Yup - until the #grandaddy.

Sounds like you are in a similar situation as me in terms of off the deck. My new setup will have a x2hot 5deep fairway wood and x2hot 20 degree hybrid.

I think a similar setup would work wonders for you.

Sadly, the 5Deep won't be available for us lefties. I did like the current 3Deep though.

I have a 17 Degree Callaway X-Hot Pro, which i guess is a 4 wood, but does not specifically say 4 wood

I'll be gaming a 4W this upcoming season. Don't know what brand of wood to get yet.

Gamed a 4W and now a 3W...2* of loft is not going to make a substantial difference in height.

I've been gaming a 4 wood for the last year and a half. I was not getting the trajectory I wanted from my 3 wood and I made the change. It has been the best move ever. The 4 wood is my go to on short par fours and is awesome out of the fairway.

I also disagree with the sentiment that a difference of two degrees will not affect the ball flight. If that were the case I'd hit a 9* driver with the same flight as my 11* driver and I know that ain't the case!

A 4 wood is a great option for many. You can get one in more less a 3 wood loft but with a shorter shaft which makes it easier to hit for many players. I no longer own or carry one but did at one time.

I've gamed a 4W for a couple of years now. It really comes in handy on my home course, which is short and tight. I had it cut down about an inch to give me a bit more control. It's about the only club in my bag that I can work both ways without much issue.

I've gamed an RBZ 3hl (17* so essentially a 4 wood) for a while. I prefer it to the 15* particularly off the deck. Off the tee it's a bomber.

I have my Amp Cell set at 4W. I used to bag both 4 and 7 woods, but my 4 hybrid replaced the 7 wood.

I don't remember ever even hitting a 4-wood. It's something I've thought about. Also thought about grabbing a 2H as well. Not really sure what I'll change, if anything, but I think it's really interesting that as I post this, there are more people who have a 4w in their bag then not.

When I switched to a Nike 11.5* driver, I also decided to swap my 3W for a 4W. I hit the 4W off the deck much better than the 3W.

When I get my new bag, I will have a BB 3 wood adjusted from 15* down to 17*, which is effectively the loft of a 4 wood. If you count that, then yes I have a 4 wood.

I don't, but the next time I get a fw wood it'll be a 4w, or a very strong 5w. My 5w goes about 210 and I'd like it to go 230 but my old 3w went 245 so want that in between distance.

Sure do and it was gamed in the Morgan Cup last year. Sounds like you have some of the same issues that I had.

I was with Callaway Golf last year and just between you and me (and maybe the rest of the golfing community all around), their fairway woods were LONG! I was hitting the 3W, 15 degree, longer than my driver in some instances. But for whatever reason I wasn't getting the height that I was use to. Also, my misses were going too far in each direction with the 15 degree.

So the Callaway rep recommended me moving up to the 4W and their 17 degree. Magic! I was getting the same distance as my old 3W and now the height that I wanted as well. Also, it just seemed so much easier to hit than the 15 degree. Problem solved.

I would explore the new 4W's out there to see if that helps solve your issue.

Been gaming a 4-wood for about a year and a half, and really like the club. I hit it more consistently and straighter than a 3-wood, and while I might give up a few yards if both clubs were struck really well, I have much more confidence in the 4-wood. Personally, I think most amateurs would benefit from substituting a 4-wood for a 3-wood.

Back