Does Ball Number Matter?

I got some once that had 23 as a custom number.

Always been a lucky number for me, but for the most part it doesn't matter.

Nope doesn't matter to me

I don’t care. But if I could special order 52 I would everytime.

My TP5X's were custom ordered with 44 on them... If not a custom batch, I would prefer to use a 4 but it's not a big deal.

Not at all does not matter to me.

Doesn’t matter to me.

While I don’t care about the number, some with odd numbers are fun. The TaylorMade 77s were cool.

Don't really care but if it doesn't cost extra, I will put my age as the number. I don't remember to mark my balls, so if it is a ProV1x 69, I know it's mine ... this year.

incredulous questioning GIF

Not at all.

I've learned the hard way, if I want to make sure I can identify my ball I need to mark it myself. The guy who shows me his "Titleist 3" on the first tee may well be playing a "Titleist 4" or a "Bridgestone 2" a couple holes later.

So as far as I'm concerned, they could just leave the numbers off all together.

Never thought about this even once. I just grab whatever and go with it.

Nope don’t care what number is on the ball

I couldn’t tell you what number was on the ball I was playing really ever. Just know if I see a “T” initial on it that it’s mine

Personally, I don’t care. I do get 53 on custom balls when I order them though.

Nicklaus always played a #5. It was to remind him 5s are bad.

Try to avoid #3's - brings to mind negative 3 putt vibes. 1's and 2's are good, preference has always been #4's - a good goal is to play a round at level 4's, you've really accomplished something if you can do that.

Nope

Doesn’t matter to me, I couldn’t tell you what number I was using at any given time. If I need a provisional I just add an extra line or mark on the ball.

They really don't but for some reason I always play 2 or 4 during casual rounds and save 1 and 3 for competitive rounds.

Back