Does your bag match your clubs?

Not sure about the posters reasoning but I'm a big believer that the individual divider bags lead to more damage from bag chatter. Instead of nesting together and moving as one the irons spin independently and smack into each other with greater velocity doing more damage. But your shafts look great...

Guess I hadn't thought about it like that, you make a great point. Personally, I like the ease of getting clubs in and out of the bag and I think it helps the grips last longer as well. Also, it helps keep my clubs organized and I can quickly see if I am missing a club.

Thats why I use this bag, keeps them all separated and instantly know when one is missing

rack_up_close.jpg

Thats why I use this bag, keeps them all separated and instantly know when one is missing

Cool bag but where are the woods?

Cool bag but where are the woods?

Can't tell from that pic but there is another separate section behind the irons with plenty of room for several woods. That is not a pic of my personal bag but from companies site. The iron protection is their big selling point so guess they don't want to clutter up pic with woods in there

I just use a bag that looks good and fits what I am looking for. Right now I play mostly Nike clubs and play with a Ping Bag, because it was the right bag at the right price at the right time.

Do you have a bag that matches your clubs?

Do you decide this on what you have the most of in your bag?

Do you go by what kind of irons do you have?

Do you not care and just get a bag that works for you?

Nike Cart II. Bought this for a few reasons. 1) had a stand bag and rarely walk the the light weight wasnt worth me fighting to get my clubs in. 2) At the time everything I owner was Taylor Made but made the switch over to Nike, so I wanted a bag to match. Now everything but my irons are Nike. Looking to switch to Pro Combo set 3) Old bag didn't have a dedicated putter slot which is something I wanted. Lastly, the cart strap system sold me. The cart strap goes through behind the pockets so u can still get to everything without undoing the strap

I have a blue bag and Cleveland Golf gears towards the blue look. My bag is not a Cleveland logo bag but looks very good with the sticks IMO.

I have the dunlop bag that came with my first boxed set of clubs. It's starting to fall apart so really need to start looking at a replacement. I'd like to have a TM bag to go with the mostly TM clubs I have, but I just want something functional more than anything.

I have never had a bag match my clubs since it would have to have too many different OEM labels on it. Plus I never will it is too much like a look at me thingin my mind.

+10000000... precisely

No I have a Ping bag and Mizuno irons and a Callaway woods and Taylormade Irons. I have had my Ping Hoofer for 10 years and I have not found a bag that I like better.

Do you have a bag that matches your clubs? No

Do you decide this on what you have the most of in your bag? No. I liked the look of the bag and it's a related apparel company to some of the clubs I have.

Do you go by what kind of irons do you have? No

Do you not care and just get a bag that works for you? I cared, I just went a different route because I wanted something I did not see everyday.

I have a Ping bag full of Ping clubs of course. I could be happy as well with a Bridgestone bag, just because the balls are so good. I wouldn't use a bag with a OEM's name on it, if I didn't believe in the brand and use their stuff.

I didn't use to care to much if my bag matched, but then again I played Cobra copies for over 9 years. Now that I take my game very seriously, I did break down and buy Callaway irons and Taylormade woods and putter, I had to make sure my bag was looking good too. Went with the matching Callaway bag.

I'm a big matcher :)

clubs.png

I bought my Nike SQ Tour stand bag last fall because the price was incredible, and I really liked the bag's features. I also had my eye on the VR Pro Cavity irons, which I eventually picked up. Those were followed by some SV Tour wedges and SQ Sumo hybrids.

So, yes, my clubs (most of them) do match my bag.

it is an occupational hazard that my bag match it's contents. but prior to my professional status, my bag usually matched irons. I went on a three year stretch where I gamed Mizuno irons but used a Titleist carry bag. I guess that was ok because I had Titleist fwys/hybrids/driver/ball.

but in the end....whatever works for each person. I loved te Titleist carry bags better than the Hoofer....still do. But now I have the Ping 4-under.....LOVE. minus the strap system. I removed the retractable strap. old school 1-strap carry now.

I bought a bag that works for me since I walk and carry. I bought a Ping Hoofer last fall to replace my Sun Mountain bag, as the Ping was the only option for a stand bag at my pro shop and I had pro shop credit from winning a two member events that I wanted to use. At the time I had Mizuno irons however this spring I replaced my Mizuno irons with Ping irons - but again both purchases were independent of each other.

Just got back in the game so I have a Starter set of Walter Hagens Black&yellow, and without trying the wedges and putter I bought (purely on feel alone) actually match the bag also!

Do you have a bag that matches your clubs?
I guess it matches my wedges

Do you decide this on what you have the most of in your bag?
Nope, my wife picked my bag out for me for a birthday present before we were married

Do you go by what kind of irons do you have?
No, but I was pretty sure that I wanted Callaway irons to match my bag before I went to GolfTec and got fitted

Do you not care and just get a bag that works for you?
I don't really think it matters what brand it is. I've never really shopped for a bag. I guess we'll find out when my current bag wears out.

Does your bag match your clubs? Yes and No
I have a ping hoofer carry bag and a callaway x series cart bag.

Do you have a bag that matches your clubs? One does out of coincidence.

Do you decide this on what you have the most of in your bag? No

Do you go by what kind of irons do you have? No

Do you not care and just get a bag that works for you? I get the bag that has the top dividers that work for me, and for the carry bag, the bag with the straps that work best for me.

I typically have an all black OGIO, I love it. I dont care what kind of clubs I am putting in the bag.

I also have an all black OGIO.

I have been thinking about getting a cart bag. I think if I do, I am going OGIO.

It does now, but didn't when I bought the bag. My driver at the time may have matched the bag, but nothing else did. I just liked the bag. It had a few extra small pockets, was a good walking bag, and had a beverage bottle holder. Since getting the bag my irons, driver, and hybrid are matched up to it, but it wasn't intentional in any way.

The good lady bought me my Titleist RC10 cart bag, I absolutely love it. I only use one Titleist product (soon to be 2) which is their Vokey wedges

Back