Does Your Course Supply Towels?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the courses near me just stopped including some towels in the cart. When I asked they said they didn’t have enough and when more came in it would be back.

I kind of forgot how much I like this from both a keeping my things on something softer as well as wiping my hands off, etc.

Does your course include them?

My course sometimes doesn’t have 18 flags, let alone towels 🤣.

Mine does not but it sounds like a nice touch.

yup, a couple in the cart. very much like it.

Towels, really? Not any course I have played. Nice touch by the way. We don't even have ball washers anymore.

Only the "higher" end courses around me do it. Most of the courses I play don't even wipe down the carts. I have to use my own towel :eek:

That’s a negative. None of the public courses around here or my parents club offer that.

They used to do the mango iced towels at a tee box or two on the course, but have since stopped. Was definitely a luxury for it being a public course.

Yes, always two per cart and more available in the cart area for us walkers.

Towels? We don't need any stinking towels. No, I don't think that I have ever seen any towels in the carts of any course I have ever played. Except the one's I bring in my bag.

My club used to but stopped with Covid or it could have even been before that. I think they still have some down in the cart bay that you can go get but they don't put them in carts. I know they stopped for a while as they said they got short because members supposedly take them and never bring them back. I could see that as many would go down in there personal carts and get a couple for the round. I'm sure it's a few guys that consistently do that and then take them out in there garage and never wash and reuse them. It's nice to have them, especially on wet days. I have a towel on my bag but prefer to use that for the club and not have to take it off the ring if I don't have to.

Definitely not supplied, and I'm okay with that. I like to bring my own.

I have never played at a course that supplied towels on course.

My course does not include them but I have a great towel given to me by my secret santa that I get wet before all my rounds.

Yep. One dry one in the cart and one wet one in the cart cooler along with a bottle of water.

No but that would be a nice touch!

I play a few that do but mostly they do not

Nope. I am always stocked when there is a combo ball washer club washer on the side of the cart though..

Nope. Both of them in my area are county owned and your lucky to have enough gas in them to get through 18.
One of the many reasons I have my own cart.

No chance. I have played at a few courses throughout the years that did though.

One of the courses near me just stopped including some towels in the cart. When I asked they said they didn’t have enough and when more came in it would be back.

I kind of forgot how much I like this from both a keeping my things on something softer as well as wiping my hands off, etc.

Does your course include them?
I play almost exclusively munis. We're lucky if they put water on the course (covid).

No towels. I bring 2, one that soak in the restroom before play and one that's dry. I bring my own food and water too.

This area, has no 'affordable' clubs close enough to me to entice membership.

I wonder what the better daily fee courses do for things like towels. One here does provide a small bucket for warm-up.

Not anymore, but I know where they store them in the back room of the pro shop if I want one. :LOL: I have my own towels on my bag - one dry and one that I wet to wipe my clubs down.

We played Omni Tucson National a couple summers ago, the marshal was driving around with a cooler full of ice cold, lemon scented towels - very nice and welcome touch on a hot desert summer day!

unfortunate mine does not, but think its a nice touch

My club did till COVID-19, not now. They use to have a bucket of water at the first tee so you could soak your towel for club cleaning during your round, not now.

Back