Does Your Course Supply Towels?

No towels here.

Never had a course supply towels.

Many courses supply them that I have played. The best are the ice cold scented towels handed out on the really hot days by the traveling towel gal...

Never played a course where any towels were included. All of mine are byo

Don't know about carts but up until COVID my club always had a stack of towels on a table outside the pro shop. You could grab one before your round and toss it in a used-towel bin afterwards. I think I used one once when I forgot and left my regular towel at home but it isn't something I'd normally want or need. They don't do it any more, it went away with the bunker rakes and water coolers and hasn't come back.

I remember one of the few times I've played a seriously high-end resort course with caddies. It was a miserably cold, rainy day in December and not only did "my" caddie do a great job of keeping my grips dry throughout the round and holding out a dry towel for me to wipe my hands before each shot. Once on the front nine and twice on the back another caddie would drive a cart out from the clubhouse with a stack of warm towels straight from the dryer. Nothing better when you're wet and cold than grabbing a couple fluffy warm towel and just kind of burying your head in them for a few seconds then wiping down.

No towels at my course. I have only played 7 or 8 courses in my life that had towels.

One of the courses near me just stopped including some towels in the cart. When I asked they said they didn’t have enough and when more came in it would be back.

I kind of forgot how much I like this from both a keeping my things on something softer as well as wiping my hands off, etc.

Does your course include them?
note to self, bring towels for JB and the guys in myrtle.

That's a negative, but the gym is right by 2 of the 3 first tees, so i'll often run in there and grab towels for my group. No one seems to mind since we return them after the round. In the Houston heat and humidity its almost a requirement to have towels.

I bought one of those “cool towels” and keep it in the ice chest during the summer months. Wrap that thing around your neck in between shots and it will give you chills!
I have the same.

But I left it wet in my old golf bag with a built in cooler. It came in contact with a grommet and now looks like I spilled ketchup on the neon green towel.

Mine does not.

Sadly, no, but I wish they did

Standard in every cart, one on each side.

They stopped doing it for COVID reasons for a while, but they are back now. I'm admittedly a bit miffed when we go to other courses who don't offer the same thing.

Only course I've ever played that supplies towels is private ones. I've never gotten a towel at a public course.

My club does, 2 nice big towels per cart that are half dry and half wet.

One of the courses near me just stopped including some towels in the cart. When I asked they said they didn’t have enough and when more came in it would be back.

I kind of forgot how much I like this from both a keeping my things on something softer as well as wiping my hands off, etc.

Does your course include them?
No, No they don't but I bring my own.

My private course yes. My public course no. I need lots of towels.

Our club has them in carts. One for each side.

Yes, they are fairly small and typically wet down before they put them in your cart or hand you one if you're walking/pushing

No towels. We're doing good if we get a fresh pencil each round.

My course has the cart cooler stocked with ice and bottled water, the tee holders filled with new tees, and 2 towels rolled neatly in 2 of the cup holders when you arrive. I rarely buy tees any more. They have a slew of them sitting at the front and don’t care if I just grab a handful.

I have the same.

But I left it wet in my old golf bag with a built in cooler. It came in contact with a grommet and now looks like I spilled ketchup on the neon green towel.
I left one wet in my bag once, forgot about it for about a week. It took some work to get the funk out of it afterward, those things need to air out good in between uses!

I don't have a club but have visited many courses around mn and have not seen that yet. Does sound like a nice touch though

A course I'm considering joining does. The courses I belong to now do not nor do any of the lower priced ones near me. Even if just looking at the private clubs or high end resort courses it's less than half. Nice touch when included.

Back