Dominos, Pizza Hut and Papa Johns

I like papa J’s but if there can be only one I’ll go with Pizza Hut, thin n crispy pepperoni

Hut. Stuffed crust

One additional comment. Not all Domino’s are equal. Some (probably true of the others too, for sure Papa Johns) of the others are franchises too.

Results can vary widely. I know the local Dominos doesn’t make it good. I’ve been other paces and maybe not good, but not bad?

If we buy a local pizza as a last resort, it's from Dominos. Usually a double pepperoni, and green peppers for $7.99.

Why? Because it's the only one of the three listed in town. Pizza Hut closed down, and Poppa Johns is 30 minutes away.

Most of our pizza eats, are of a home made, from scratch, breadless variety my Wife makes.

I think the other two have dipping sauces now too.
To stray from the question I like NY pizza style the best but none of these make good enough to compare to the slices I used to get on the east coast. When I choose between the 3 chains provided Papa John's has the tastier pizza to me and it seems fresher. Just my opinion. Pizza Hut is more of a nostalgia thing then dominos is I don't want to get food poisoning.

gonna have to go with Papa Johns on this one. Only one that puts enough sauce on the pizza

the dominos by us is flat out trash. Really not great at all.
I enjoy the thin crust at Pizza hut, but we rarely ever get it.

Papa Johns for us. We get two medium pizzas for six bucks each, and I get to dip my crust in cheese sauce hahaha (yes, I actually sauce in this case). Based on Cal's feedback, the next time we're asking for light sauce and I am definitely not sad about it.

Papa Johns…I just love the crust, but the rest of the family is Pizza Hut…just to greasy for me.
Once in a while a good, greasy pizza hits the spot though!

Dominos. Their sauce is the best.
If it had to be one of the three, I agree. For me it is all about the sauce and Domino's has the best of those three. Pizza Hut's sauce isn't great and unless you get extra sauce their pizza it ends to be dry but otherwise acceptable. I can't stand Papa John's standard sauce.

I would have said either Papa John’s or Dominoes, but I feel like Papa John’s quality is going downhill since they fired Papa John. Give me Dominoes and I really wish I had bought their stock when they changed all their ingrediamts around 11 or 12 years ago. It was a rocket ship for a very long time.

Pizza Hut because my wife likes it.

Papa John's by a whisker on pizza.
If sides/desserts are in play, Dominos chocolate lava cakes are awesome. Dominos franchisee near my old place in Chicago used to throw those in for free all the time. Small gesture that built loyalty from me.

I miss the days - long ago - when the answer would have been Pizza Hut.

Now, Papa by default.

These are the only three choices for pizza. What are you choosing and why?

I would go Dominoes or Pizza Hut. The sauce they use at Papa Johns seems so bland

Controversial view perhaps but I think they’re all as bad as each other 🤣.

If I’m stuck between these 3 poor choices I’m going Papa Johns. Honestly I’m not ordering any of them.

Dominos Brooklyn, Pizza Hut Thin, Papa John's nothing at all. May have to give Papa another shot and try their thin crust.

I would have said either Papa John’s or Dominoes, but I feel like Papa John’s quality is going downhill since they fired Papa John. Give me Dominoes and I really wish I had bought their stock when they changed all their ingrediamts around 11 or 12 years ago. It was a rocket ship for a very long time.

I’m still wondering on how TF you can get fired from your company? I mean I did, sort of (legal thing, I’ll explain to you if you really want). But I could have told the offer to FO. And been ok maintaining control for a year to years after.

I choose to eat something else if I have to choose between those 3

Papa Johns is my answer.

I’m still wondering on how TF you can get fired from your company? I mean I did, sort of (legal thing, I’ll explain to you if you really want). But I could have told the offer to FO. And been ok maintaining control for a year to years after.
You sell stock to expand and only end up owning 8% of it? Once you get below 50% you don't "own" the company anymore.

Pizza Hut the boxes with options for non pizza items are great and affordable

Domino’s would be my #1 choice.

Back