Driver Adjustability?

They're useful for me for about a week. Once I experiment and find something I like, they basically stay put.

I have changed the adjustable weights (front and back). I also have adjusted sliding weights. For example, I have my MAX LS set slightly to the heel. I also play the TSi3 in H1 (slightly heel). However, once set, I don’t mess around with them much. I put the weight slightly heel-side, because my miss is usually to the heel.

I tried an M5 in a demo a couple years ago and the high spin draw setting seemed to help a ton with the slice I was fighting.

I have never really made adjustments with my epic flash but recently I have been fighting a block right and seeing a slice creep back in. I set the weight to the draw setting and it had no effect on my ball flight. I ended up moving it back to center but may mess around with it some more since I had some success in the past.

I like being able to move weight towards the front. Side to side is much less useful to me.

Enjoy that aspect of adjustability. Will usually end up with the heavier option up front. Towards draw side if sliding type.

Would love to be able to adjust lie though without switching to the wrong side adapter. Being height challenged and using a longer club it can get upright quick.

curious how you would know without sim to move them... how often would you move them? seems like over tech.

The last driver I had with a sliding weight was the original Callaway Epic driver. I did find that it worked well to adjust ball flight.

I have the Mavrik Max, which has two removable weights. The settings are either maximum forgiveness or maximum draw. I haven’t tested the difference as I don’t need the draw setting, but definitely need the maximum forgiveness. I could see it being useful to manipulate ball flight.

I'm about to try something scary.... Move the weight on my Ping G410 to the fade position.

I used them when they were on a TM product, sliding that is, but once i found what i liked, they did not move. Now i tend to use Hot melt

The Mavrik was my favorite driver in a long time. No moveable weights. The Epic Max LS has the sliding weight I haven't touched yet.

I bought the weight kit and tinkered with the fixed-position weights my Exotics EXS a fair amount looking for the right flight. As soon as I found what I was looking for, I did the illogical thing and upgraded to the EXS Pro, which has a radiused slider. I've tinkered with it quite a bit as well - including experimenting with a heavier weight. I just put the stock weight back in it, and now I'm playing with the loft/face angle.

curious how you would know without sim to move them... how often would you move them? seems like over tech.
For me it has always just been knowing what the different adjustments are supposed to do, and then visually verify if the ball flight changes to what you're trying to achieve.

I have the Mavrik Max, which has two removable weights. The settings are either maximum forgiveness or maximum draw. I haven’t tested the difference as I don’t need the draw setting, but definitely need the maximum forgiveness. I could see it being useful to manipulate ball flight.
Same with me. I have the Mav Max, and have the weights in the maximum forgiveness position. I've never changed them around or experimented with different weights in those positions.

I don't recall ever owning a driver with the sliding weight. If I did, I'd play with it until I got it where it worked best for me, then lock it down and leave it alone.

Cobra King F7 is quite nice. 3 movable weights, can move the heavier one to back, front, or draw position. Never had a driver with sliding weights. No matter what type of weight system find the setting that works well and then lock it down.

My swing and game is such a crazy unsolvable algorithem that not even the NSA can figure out, no way I have any business trying to adjust weights and fine tune. Maybe one day...

My swing and game is such a crazy unsolvable algorithem that not even the NSA can figure out, no way I have any business trying to adjust weights and fine tune. Maybe one day...
That’s exactly how I feel about shafts.

Since getting my Epic Flashdriver, I've pretty much kept the moveable weight in the full draw position. Recently, I've decided to go to a baby fade and found that moving that weight more to the center not only encourages that but puts the added mass, even as little as it may be, directly behind the sweet spot. I have hit, for me, some monster drives in that configuration and am seeing an increase in driver distance as shown by ShotScope. So I do feel the moveable weights can make a difference.

I did have one and Played with the weights but once I found a setting I liked I stayed that way.

Isn't adjusting a club during a round illegal??

Isn't adjusting a club during a round illegal??
It is. I'll fool with the weight during a range session or make up my mind before a round what I want to try. I figure to give it a good test I need to keep it there for the entire round as changing it after one or two shots I don't like is more likely due to me and not the position of the weight.

I see them as a way to fine tune a head that already 90% works for me. Occasionally I'll make an adjustment to the fore/aft sliding weight if I want to adjust my launch slightly but for the most part I found a setting that works and now I stick with it.

I agree with others that the weights that go forward to aft make more of a difference to me. Loft sleeves as well definitely make a difference, and I still think Titleist and Callaway have the best ones out there with being able to adjust loft without affecting lie.

The weight on the back of my G410 made little to no difference to me with regards to ball flight. Did seem to change the sound and feel a little though.

This one is tricky for me - I think in the past I’ve found them very useful for getting dialed in. At the same time, the two drivers that have worked the best for me in recent history have not been adjustable, save for lie/face angle.

Last sliding weight that I used was on a Epic driver and I really liked trying to adjust from draw to fade depending on the course I was playing at the time.

I love drivers with the adjustability. Front back, side to side...the more the merrier.

Of course my current driver has none of that, but it works great as is.

Back