Bump. I almost missed this article. I’ve been looking for new wedges. (Don’t get along with Raw). How would these benefit my game I guess is the question?

Bump. I almost missed this article. I’ve been looking for new wedges. (Don’t get along with Raw). How would these benefit my game I guess is the question?
The Edel SMS wedges are so good. I the P grind is a new grind and I haven't tried it, but I have used the V grind and T grind. The wedges are just absolutely pure, great spin, feel incredible, and the movable weights can really dial you in more that you would expect. I've been saying it for a while but the Edel SMS wedges are the best I've ever played.

@EdelBlake - Could you compare and contrast this grind with the C grind?

very cool...more options in wedges is a good thing!

@EdelBlake - Could you compare and contrast this grind with the C grind?
Wondering this too, I'm in a 60C right now and wondering if the wider sole will help more with forgiveness off the turf. I tend to get a bit too much sand on bunker shots and was thinking about trying a D grind for more bounce but now I'm wondering if a wider sole might help more.

I went to their site to check out the SMS Pro irons but found myself with some wedges in the cart.

Would I be correct in drawing some parallels between the P-grind sole and the old PM-Grind sole from Callaway?

Wondering this too, I'm in a 60C right now and wondering if the wider sole will help more with forgiveness off the turf. I tend to get a bit too much sand on bunker shots and was thinking about trying a D grind for more bounce but now I'm wondering if a wider sole might help more.
I believe these will offer better ability to clip it off firmer tighter lies.

I went to their site to check out the SMS Pro irons but found myself with some wedges in the cart.

Would I be correct in drawing some parallels between the P-grind sole and the old PM-Grind sole from Callaway?
@Koske compared this favorably to the Vokey K grind

Ok. I'm not familiar with that one.
I’m not so much either but only available in 58 and 60 bc of the ability to open the face in tighter lies

Little bump for the evening crowd as I’m off to dream of little spinners from tight lies tonight.

Last edited:
Little bump for the evening crowd as I’m off to dream of little spinners from right lies tonight.
I put the weight in the toe and surprised by the trajectory from left to right. I can’t imagine these being clipped.

I put the weight in the toe and surprised by the trajectory from left to right. I can’t imagine these being clipped.
So you almost get a little cut shot?

These look like a great addition to their lineup. Really nice looking wedges.

Excited about this one as well. I had a lot of success with my SMS last season, and that wide sole looks promising. Really pondering this in a 58*.

Played my Edel 60 deg P grind today for the first time. I can't wait til the spring and practice with it on grass but for first time out on a soggy course I was very happy with it. Seemed a lot heavier than my old Volkey but so far I love it. Had a couple shots that stopped right at the pin and a couple chunks but look forward to more practicing with it!

Played my Edel 60 deg P grind today for the first time. I can't wait til the spring and practice with it on grass but for first time out on a soggy course I was very happy with it. Seemed a lot heavier than my old Volkey but so far I love it. Had a couple shots that stopped right at the pin and a couple chunks but look forward to more practicing with it!
How old do you think it helped with turf interaction on the soggy course

How old do you think it helped with turf interaction on the soggy course
Usually I would be worried about chunking it in soggy turf but after the first few times I used it seems like it just cut thru the turf without stopping which I think is do to weights on the bottom.

I have thoughts…. Need to get through a nephew birthday first… but fun morning
85A6E3C5-9DB6-4A75-BE26-A15286578365.jpeg

I have thoughts…. Need to get through a nephew birthday first… but fun morning
View attachment 9158365
Ditto. I'll cross post from the big wedge review thread.

Got a little short game work in with the 60* P grind.

It was about 36 degrees, so no feel thoughts. 😀

It really sits nice. Easy to toe down or open up.
Low-bounce wedges have been my nemesis. Tried a few full swing off into the range and that did not go well. Not that that is what I want out of a 60*.

Chipping, pitching seemed like the grind was more consistent than the V-grind I tried earlier. Again, easy to manipulate flight with a good strike. Still possibly a bit more punishing with toe contact than I would like but early returns at this point.

Going to try to use it more green side in better condition and see what happens

I held this one at the expo today as well. Feels really good and love the grind. Wish I could have hit it.
That’s a good wish. it was really fun to hit. Something with the wider sole made it play more forgiving and versatile than what you might expect from a wedge on the lower bounce side of things.

Back