I think I'm getting the distances figured out a bit with these on those awkward less than full swings. Had a few shorter swings last night that worked out really well for me, at yardages I've really been struggling with recently, and was able to capitalize on one for a rare birdie. I lost a stroke last night trying to chip out of some thick rough greenside and severely misjudged how much gas I was going to have to give that one, but that was operator error. I had a few minutes to kill while I was barbecuing the other night and was chipping with another brand 54* and was thinking about how much I enjoy having the full face grooves on every wedge with the Edel - the versatility of these is pretty cool to me, my short game has definitely gone through some changes since last year and these feel like not only a good fit right now, but something I can continue to grow into in the next season or two.

I over cook one from the rough from time to time, but I think a lot of that is just not knowing how clean I'm going to get through it. 100% on me. I also love the grooves out to the toe. I miss there enough for it to be very helpful for my game! :LOL:

I switched to the ERC ball on my last round and my greenside play was better. My rollout with the CBX2 and Chrome Soft is about the same as Edel is with ERC. I have every intention of going back to CS and getting used to more spin green side, but wanted to win a match rather than practice on the course ;)

I think I'm getting the distances figured out a bit with these on those awkward less than full swings. Had a few shorter swings last night that worked out really well for me, at yardages I've really been struggling with recently, and was able to capitalize on one for a rare birdie. I lost a stroke last night trying to chip out of some thick rough greenside and severely misjudged how much gas I was going to have to give that one, but that was operator error. I had a few minutes to kill while I was barbecuing the other night and was chipping with another brand 54* and was thinking about how much I enjoy having the full face grooves on every wedge with the Edel - the versatility of these is pretty cool to me, my short game has definitely gone through some changes since last year and these feel like not only a good fit right now, but something I can continue to grow into in the next season or two.
How has your spin been on those shorter swings?

That was the area the wedges have stood out for me the most, they have way more spin and stopping power on those 50-90 yard shots which has been a game changer for me on approach.

How has your spin been on those shorter swings?

That was the area the wedges have stood out for me the most, they have way more spin and stopping power on those 50-90 yard shots which has been a game changer for me on approach.
Been pretty consistent dependent on conditions, we've had some sloppy days where everything stopped basically immediately, and some sun-baked days where nothing wanted to stop. I'd like to go for a ball fitting after the season is over and get a better idea of what I should be playing but the BRXS has been doing a pretty good job for me. Definitely not walking too far to find a pitch mark that's for sure. My proximity to the hole is getting better as well (shot scope is telling me I'm averaging closer to the hole than my next goal handicap of 15), which is huge for me - if my first putt is shorter one would think I would be scoring a little better.

Really getting the 54T dialed in. Had 85 yards in on a hole tonight instead of letting up on a gap wedge hit the 54T and stuck it. Even on bigger swings it feels so smooth. Around the green it is awesome.
My 54t is probably my favorite of my set. It’s so good from fairway, ruff and money around the greens.

Really getting the 54T dialed in. Had 85 yards in on a hole tonight instead of letting up on a gap wedge hit the 54T and stuck it. Even on bigger swings it feels so smooth. Around the green it is awesome.
54T is the workhorse in the bag. Full swings, pitches, green side chips, bunkers, I’m smitten with this wedge.

I am so good with my wedges, I am afraid to make the change, but if they are that good, I gotta try one.
What to do, what to do

Ok we’re starting to settle in now. 100 yards and in felt lethal tonight. 7 GIR tonight courtesy of the 50 & 54*, and had 2-3 settle on the fringe. Had to slow down my tempo a bit with the Kinetixx shafts in these but man am I getting rewarded for it. These are 100% helping me play more consistent golf. Bring on these irons and let’s see how close I can get to that goal handicap this year.

Tossed up some pretty handy shots with these beauties yesterday before the weather chased me off the course. I truly look forward to pulling these every time I get a chance. Knew I wasn't going to get to finish yesterday so I was trying some different stuff than I usually would around the greens taking shots with something other than my 60 that I normally use for everything. Was able to fairly well execute shots that I"m not usually as comfortable with no problems.

Really enjoyed that video, @Canadan.

The wedges look great and the fitting/grind options appear to be really useful.

Really enjoyed that video, @Canadan.

The wedges look great and the fitting/grind options appear to be really useful.
Thanks my dude!

It's a pretty wild experience with the weighting, and I've heard it's even more exciting with the irons. I'm excited to try them at some point.

Back
Thanks my dude!

It's a pretty wild experience with the weighting, and I've heard it's even more exciting with the irons. I'm excited to try them at some point.
Irons are truly awesome. Looking forward to them.

Had to slow down my tempo a bit with the Kinetixx shafts in these but man am I getting rewarded for it.

I'm so curious about the Ballistic shafts for these. Why do you have to slow down your tempo with them? Are they lighter than your old wedge shafts? Less stout? What did you play before?

I'm so curious about the Ballistic shafts for these. Why do you have to slow down your tempo with them? Are they lighter than your old wedge shafts? Less stout? What did you play before?
I’m sure @ryang13 will respond here
Also. I have the same ballistic shafts in my irons. My previous set of wedges had steel fiber i95 reg flex shafts. Feel of the ballistic is different for sure. Not in a bad way just different. Full swings with the Ballistic feels to me that I have to slow down to let shaft load. Our wedges have the w20 wedge shafts. I would like to try the w30 wedge shaft. The 20s hold up ok but feel softer. Work great for me on partial wedges I hit them extremely high with full swings.

I’m sure @ryang13 will respond here
Also. I have the same ballistic shafts in my irons. My previous set of wedges had steel fiber i95 reg flex shafts. Feel of the ballistic is different for sure. Not in a bad way just different. Full swings with the Ballistic feels to me that I have to slow down to let shaft load. Our wedges have the w20 wedge shafts. I would like to try the w30 wedge shaft. The 20s hold up ok but feel softer. Work great for me on partial wedges I hit them extremely high with full swings.

That's super interesting. I really want to try these vs. my MMTs.

That's super interesting. I really want to try these vs. my MMTs.
Was able to hit the Mmt in a stiff in the irons. They felt really good. Would like to test the ballistic in the 30s. @Jman might be able to give you some more details.

Tempo is something I’ve had to work on a lot this year (still a work in progress). My swing coach joked this winter that when I found the centre of the clubface my next swing was going to be testing the limits of my shoelaces. My last wedges had the KBS Hi-Rev 125g in them, and it feels like I have a better sense of where the club head is with the Ballistics, and they definitely feel softer loading than what I started the year in. Maybe they are a touch on the lighter side of what I might get fit into, but when I can put that relaxed, smooth swing on them it’s just an effortless launch. The KBS feel much more stout, and I had a tendency to get quick with them because I felt like the club was too far behind me. I’m a bit raised by wolves when it comes to the tech side of clubs to be honest, shaft profiles, swingweight and whatnot is kind of Greek to me. Hopefully that answers some of your questions - they are definitely worth a try in my opinion if you get the chance!

Played with some college friends today, had a rough round but hit some really great chips and wedges approaches. Hit a few of my now go to low spinning chips that stop on a dime and had them asking how I was doing it. The whole crew was pretty impressed with the wedges and Couldn’t stop asking about them.

Looks like I’ll be playing more golf in Colorado next week. Truck still out of commission and it’s hot as hell or Arizona at home.

Got out for a quick 9 yesterday. Edel wedges and putter were stars of the show. First hole cold no warmup well we are going to forget it. 2nd pull driver which is fine working on a few swing changes. Slow foursome on green so I chip back to fairway chip on finish hole with bogey. Now I’m getting loose. Guys let me play thru on 3rd tee. 195 yard par 5. 6 iron off tee just short left edge of green. Leaving a nice little 10 yard chip. 54t in hand crisp little chip rolls right in cup for birdie with an audience. 4th hole 115 yard approach 50 v and with wind send it just off back edge. 54t chip it a foot for par. 5 run of the mill bogey. 6th par 3 leave myself long birdie putt misread leaves an 8 footer for par. Edel 4.0 handles that with ease. 7th leave approach short 54t to the rescue. Chip close 1 putt par. 8th 175 yard par 3. Leave 7iron jus t short on up slope to elevated green 54t pop one up in the air leaving 6 or 7 footer which Edel 4.0 puts right in jar. 9th 575 yard par 5 good drive good 2nd pull my 54 degree wedge left of green. Good chip and a 2 putt boogie. Can promise the 54t wedge alone saved me 3 or 4 strokes on the 9. Ball striking was ok with irons but nothing to brag about. Can’t wait to add SMS irons to my bag.

The honeymoon period is over on the wedges. I had 2 rounds over the weekend and my wedge performance was awful. I had so many bad chips and pitches. Most of that is on me but I got no help from the wedges or the course. I need to figure out what I am doing wrong as just losing that part of my game was no fun at all.

I hate when that happens. It's one of the worst feelings in golf to be doing something different than normal one day and no idea how to fix it.

I built a pair of these for a customer last week. Easily the most beautiful wedge I've ever held. A work of art could certainly describe them.
I will be finding a source for myself as I definitely need these in my life.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I’m a little more than mildly interested in a set of rapid tapers for new SMS irons. Would enjoy discussing this with you when you have a chance.

Back