Eidolon Wedges - Customer Experience

they look very nice, had I not just ordered 2 Nike wedges I may have been pondering

I love that finish.. But only if it didn't rust! When they start turning on you show us some new pics.

Will do. The way Beau explained the finish to me, they are dipped in oil, so, once the oil starts to wear off, the raw steel under will start to show. The sole on the 57 has started to rub the oil off, but not much. It may take some time to get it totally worn off, especially since I don't spend much time in bunkers.

I love that finish.. But only if it didn't rust! When they start turning on you show us some new pics.

Will do. The way Beau explained the finish to me, they are dipped in oil, so, once the oil starts to wear off, the raw steel under will start to show. The sole on the 57 has started to rub the oil off, but not much. It may take some time to get it totally worn off, especially since I don't spend much time in bunkers.

I actually like the rusty look that comes with age. My Cleveland 588 RTG looks awesome IMO

I actually like the rusty look that comes with age. My Cleveland 588 RTG looks awesome IMO

My old 588 56* is what led me to like the rust look. So much that I went to RAC FE2O3 wedges after that. I played them until I got these and I wore them totally out.

Your new wedges look awesome! I'm planning on getting some "real wedges" to replace the matching wedges that I bought with my Callaway irons and I think Eidolons are what I'll go with. I prefer the satin finish, but those prime finish ones do look nice.

Thought I would post some pictures of my wedges when I got them:

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

Great pics Slider. One question, I didn't see where you can select grips - did Eidolon put those grips or did you regrip? I prefer GP Tour Wraps so if they don't provide them I'll have to regrip.

They don't offer an option for different grips. I will say that I have been pondering regripping my irons with some crosslines, but, these UST PRO DC grips are great. I may just put them on all of my irons instead of the crosslines.

Slider, that finish is great. How shiny is it?

They don't offer an option for different grips. I will say that I have been pondering regripping my irons with some crosslines, but, these UST PRO DC grips are great. I may just put them on all of my irons instead of the crosslines.

Slider, that finish is great. How shiny is it?

Very similar to the vokey's as far as finish goes. Not too shiny. With this finish no matter what, you will get glare if you are in the perfect spot.

I have about half a dozen rounds on my new wedges; picked up a 48 and 52 deg in the satin finish. I have to say I'm more impressed every time I use them. They had great customer service (matched Kingdom59's price but were able to get them with adjusted length/lie & grip).

Last edited:
Everyone seems to love these things. Are there places to try these out or is it a leap of faith?

Woot Woot! I just ordered a 3-wedge set from Eidolon. Beau was great, answering all my questions and helping me choose which lofts would suit me best. My PW is 46.5* so I ended up with a 51*, 56* and *61 set in satin chrome. I can't wait. Thanks for all the great feedback - it made my decision easy! :thumb:

I think I may have to pull the trigger on some of these bad boys if I don't get selected for the Scor testing.

If you are thinking of Eidolon wedges than you should be looking at their new brand SCOR Golf, www.scorgolf.com THP is now doing sign ups to be a testor for this exciting new line of scoring clubs.

Woot Woot! I just ordered a 3-wedge set from Eidolon. Beau was great, answering all my questions and helping me choose which lofts would suit me best. My PW is 46.5* so I ended up with a 51*, 56* and *61 set in satin chrome. I can't wait. Thanks for all the great feedback - it made my decision easy! :thumb:

I think I may have to pull the trigger on some of these bad boys if I don't get selected for the Scor testing.

I ordered my 3-wedge set the other day. I already received my shipping notice and I expect them on Tuesday. I ordered the 50, 54, 58 setup in prime finish with firm steel shafts +1/2" and 2* flat. I can't wait to get these bad boys and watch them RUST!! I know that may sound horrifying to many of you, but I have a Cleveland Reg588 RTG 60* that is nice and rusty and I just love that look. I really hope I get selected for the SCOR test as well, because I would love to do a side by side on two sets of wedges that I have to learn to use at the same time. At worst I know I have a fantastic set of wedges coming, that I'm sure I'll enjoy for many years.

If you are thinking of Eidolon wedges than you should be looking at their new brand SCOR Golf, www.scorgolf.com THP is now doing sign ups to be a testor for this exciting new line of scoring clubs.

I agree with this completely, with one caveat. If you want a fantastic set of wedges at a ridonkulous price, call them now and get last years design at a severely reduced price! There is a growing population here at THP that game these wedges and love them. I can't wait to join that club. Can ya' tell I'm excited to get my new clubs?

I think I am going to jump on this tomorrow...
Kingdom 59 is still running their sale and I have just about worn my 58° CG15 out....

I think I am going to jump on this tomorrow...
Kingdom 59 is still running their sale and I have just about worn my 58° CG15 out....

That's awesome Bama. I can't wait to here what you think of them. Mine are supposed to be in on Tuesday. I've never been so excited to receive clubs (that I purchased)! Are you going to get just a replacement 58* or are you going to go for a matched set?

The more I work on my short game, the more I fall in love with it. 25 years ago it was the strongest part of my game. Somewhere along the lines I just fell completely apart from inside 100. It's coming back quickly, and I can't wait to get these wedges.

I emailed Beau because the status of my order was still showing "Awaiting Fulfillment" (I had ordered my set early Friday morning). Beau replied right away, apologizing for the delay of the build and upgraded my shipping to two-day. I'll have my wedges on Friday!

I would place an order now, but I signed up for the SCOR testing, I know it's a long shot based on all the interest and number of applicants, but hey, dreamin is free. right? At any rate, I'm kind of kicking myself for not ordering a set of these like I intended to at first. I fell for a sale on some wedge's at a local pro shop, that later caused me to keep thinking I should have stuck to my guns, or wedges, as it were.

I would place an order now, but I signed up for the SCOR testing, I know it's a long shot based on all the interest and number of applicants, but hey, dreamin is free. right? At any rate, I'm kind of kicking myself for not ordering a set of these like I intended to at first. I fell for a sale on some wedge's at a local pro shop, that later caused me to keep thinking I should have stuck to my guns, or wedges, as it were.

Didn't u just get picked for the heavy fairway ?

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Didn't u just get picked for the heavy fairway ?

Yes I did, but I'll gladly make the time to test both if need be. :D I'm just lamenting the fact that I didn't go with these in the first place, like I had planned to do.

Nice thread, and some great pics guys!

Love the wedges on here!!

Edit: checked out the Eidolon site and some great stuff there. Very tempted to splash the cash if I dot get chosen in the Scor thread (fingers still crossed on that count)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-36.740229,174.741343
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes I did, but I'll gladly make the time to test both if need be. :D I'm just lamenting the fact that I didn't go with these in the first place, like I had planned to do.

Just asking, seems your more interested, and post more about the scor wedges, then what you actually got selected to test

Back