CONTEST EPIC Contest: The 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Without blinking its Epic Max for me. I really need all the forgiveness and ball speed as possible. The adjustable perimeter weight is also key for me. The most important reason is the Max launches the highest for me and I love that.

The selector gave me all three choices. I would have to think that my fit would be with the Epic Speed Driver. The increase of ball speed off the club interests me. I hit the ball with slight draws and fades most of the time. Being able to get additional speed should get me down the fairway a bit farther.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Epic Speed - Before using the Selector Tool I would have said I'd prefer the Epic Max because of its higher launch. However, I would have liked to have chosen the Epic Speed because of its midsize footprint. The Selector Tool suggested the Speed, and I love that choice. Why the Epic? I love what Callaway has done here, "Our proprietary Triaxial carbon covers a larger portion of the crown and toe, leading to weight savings of over 16 grams vs. a titanium crown. Then we redistribute this saved weight to enhance forgiveness", and I'm always loving forgiveness!

Well, the correct response would be to pick whatever the master fitters at the ECPC told me to pick. That not being the purpose of the contest, I did the next best thing and let the selector tool choose what it thought I should play…

But before I did that I just jumped right into the Cally web site to see what they had to say about each of the Epic offerings, checked out the looks of each (all were quite handsome looking) and suddenly realized I had a meeting.

After that annoyance had passed I jumped back to the forum to check out what my fellow THPers had to say about the Epic drivers. Started hunting up threads all the time wondering why the screen was so bright. 🤦‍♂️ Not logged in so no dark mode. Grabbed my phone and opened it up to see the Cally web site and the driver selector tool.

THAT’S what I was doing. So I went through the selector too, answering all the questions with complete honesty (how depressing) and let it chew, remembering I was drawn to the Epic Speed before I decided to trust the experts. When it finally finished considering my inputs (I could swear I heard some faint snickering while the tool was working, which just made me feel more badly about my game) I stared aghast at what it had cho

1955D25D-D546-47A8-B1D9-61A1E2EBB019.jpeg

Which is what I was secretly hoping for since I was leaning that direction anyway 😜

Using the online selector tool since I haven't had the opportunity to physically hit any of the new models, I choose Epic Speed. The mid launch and low-mid spin characteristic suits my game.

Besides, it's what lefty used to win the PGA as a 50 year old, so why wouldn't it improve my 46 year old left handed swing too?

I am going with the Callaway Epic Max LS.
I want the Low spin and the lower ball flight + Forgiveness

Epic Speed

I really prefer the looks/shape of the Speed compared to the other too. The sound and performance are stellar. What I'd love to test is a couple different swing weighs and lengths.

Thanks THP and Callaway! Another great perk of Albatross Club membership.

I agree with the Callaway selector -- the Epic Speed would be my choice. Its mid-launch and increased ball speeds across the entire face would be a perfect fit! Also like the aero shape and the carbon toe patch.

I would go with the Epic Speed, Lefthanded like Phil) ideally in the 10.5 degree. I guess the obvious reason why is... speed. But taking that a step further, I spent some time with the Callaway Selector tool and it recommended the Epic Speed.

Epic Max for me. I need all the forgiveness and slice taming capabilities you can throw at me.

I’m excited

Using the online selector tool since I haven't had the opportunity to physically hit any of the new models, I choose Epic Speed. The mid launch and low-mid spin characteristic suits my game.

Besides, it's what lefty used to win the PGA as a 50 year old, so why wouldn't it improve my 46 year old left handed swing too?
Love that Callaway offers so many left handed versions for us!!

I haven't hit any of them, but based purely on description and how I usually launch drivers, the Epic Speed sounds like the one for me. Mid launch and spin are usually ideal for me, and high forgiveness is muy bueno. Only thing that makes me a little nervous is the semi draw comment, but I suspect that can be covered by a fitting.

Good luck everyone!!

If I can extrapolate the stellar performance of my Epic Speed 4 wood to a driver the Epic Speed 10.5 would suit me very well; no draw bias, hot face and a great color scheme.

Let's go all! Get your entrees in for a trip of a lifetime. No better day to win than today!
:bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

I think Epic Speed is the one for me.

I like the idea of maximizing ball speed while keeping spin down and targeting a mid launch with a bit of draw bias. My misses are usually high flying spinners to the right, but sometimes lousy lazy swings that die low and left. So throw in some enhanced forgiveness and we are set up for success. For good measure, a quick spin through the Callaway selector tool confirmed it - Epic Speed is the one.

I would go with the Epic max, I will admit it my tee game is nothing short of downright aweful at times. My achillies heal is my tee game , but the Epic Max would be there to boost my confidence to another level elevating my whole game.

The sliding weight would help me fine tune the driver that little bit more keeping my ball in the short grass and not 15 yards in the trees . Confidence is something is key . This sport if you have such a club, you know how crucial this can affect your scores and all around enjoyment .

Last edited:
I just purchased the Mav pro Irons , I took a chance not purchasing the max irons as they are suited for higher handicap like myself. But just about every club callaway creates has amazing forgiveness and the Irons have changed my game in terms of distance and accuracy. So I would choose the Epic speed for the added distance and lower trajectory I need the most. Just away!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

My choice: Epic Max

Why: I used the closest thing I could to a fitting, which was their selector tool. I believe I chose this same driver in the Instagram contest (using no selector tool), so I think I'm on the right track! :p

Good luck everyone!

Choosing today, it would have to be the Epic Speed. Slight draw bias with fairly lowly spin and a penetrating ball flight would be perfect for my game. The shape of the head is an added bonus.

I would go with the Epic Max. I need all the forgiveness I can get for when I don't make center of the face contact, and the adjustments will hopefully help get me dialed in and allow me to turn that slice into a straight ball flight

Back