Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is a good price and now you do have some play money. good luck with the new purchase. i heard from a little birdie that a THP forum member is now the proud owner of a set of Diablo Forged irons though!!!!!!

You just had to do that didn't ya!! Maybe I will get a set once I'm bored of these. Should take me a few weeks lol.

You just had to do that didn't ya!! Maybe I will get a set once I'm bored of these. Should take me a few weeks lol.

haha, what's really gonna piss you off is finding out what setho got his for (with s400 shafts and iomic grips) hahaha! i do hope the 200's work out for you, but if there's one thing i know about golf equipment, when you have your mind on something, you usually aren't happy until you have them in your bag.

Man oh man the peer pressure is strong in here!!!!

I two sets of irons on my radar but my game has to improve before I take the step back into a players iron.

The Wilson FG's are one, and the other is a set of pings, that I NEVER would have even looked at, but the guy @ GG had me warm up with a 7 iron from the ping S57 line. I did not know what I was hitting until I hit 3 of the purest balls I have ever hit. I looked down and when oh, then looked at the price and when OH CRAP! lol

I two sets of irons on my radar but my game has to improve before I take the step back into a players iron.

The Wilson FG's are one, and the other is a set of pings, that I NEVER would have even looked at, but the guy @ GG had me warm up with a 7 iron from the ping S57 line. I did not know what I was hitting until I hit 3 of the purest balls I have ever hit. I looked down and when oh, then looked at the price and when OH CRAP! lol

yeah, the purchase pressure can get heavy in here but just stick to your guns and you'll be ok. both of those sets are awesome! what are you currently gaming?

I used to hit a ton of clubs at the GG in rochester when I was out there for College. I usually had the same reaction then when I would look at the price tags.

yeah, the purchase pressure can get heavy in here but just stick to your guns and you'll be ok. both of those sets are awesome! what are you currently gaming?

I have a set of CG7 black pearls that I got this year. I had played a blade style while in my younger years (highshcool) and I just wanted an all around easy iron use as I am just getting back into the game. I am really liking them, and they are doing thier job of getting back into it while not requireing my to be perfect all 100% of the time.

The only down side is that I am not thrilled with the stock shafts, so I may have to make a shaft change at some point, or just wait until next year and get a whole new set of irons...

[stands up]My name is Brad and I have a problem... [sits down}

I have a set of CG7 black pearls that I got this year. I had played a blade style while in my younger years (highshcool) and I just wanted an all around easy iron use as I am just getting back into the game. I am really liking them, and they are doing thier job of getting back into it while not requireing my to be perfect all 100% of the time.

The only down side is that I am not thrilled with the stock shafts, so I may have to make a shaft change at some point, or just wait until next year and get a whole new set of irons...

[stands up]My name is Brad and I have a problem... [sits down}

well, i can tell you that a shaft change can be extremely beneficial. it's like having a new set imo.

have you checked out www.shaftfit.com

well, i can tell you that a shaft change can be extremely beneficial. it's like having a new set imo.

have you checked out www.shaftfit.com

Yea I have been through it several times but I am having a hard time believing the recommendation. I just can not see myself hitting a rifle 7.0 as it recommended. That is one hefty ass shaft.

Yea I have been through it several times but I am having a hard time believing the recommendation. I just can not see myself hitting a rifle 7.0 as it recommended. That is one hefty ass shaft.

wow! that is hefty. i think you may need to hit up the shaft optimizer then.

you're as bad as OEM man!!!

i will get them, but i promised myself that i will not till after this golf season. i'm going to stick with my beautiful little 22's til winter time and then i'm going to purchase my Ci9's.

question (for you and OEM): the Tw9 wedge, how does it compare to the JAWS?

Head to head the TW9 had more stopping power when I tested them down in FL. It was a sweet wedge! TW9 was rolling balls backwards and stopping on a dime!

whoa! lol yeah what he said

wow! that is hefty. i think you may need to hit up the shaft optimizer then.

you know I was just looking at that tool when I was in GG the other day. The guys there already know me by name so I may have to go in and spend some time with it.

Head to head the TW9 had more stopping power when I tested them down in FL. It was a sweet wedge! TW9 was rolling balls backwards and stopping on a dime!

no kidding! hmmm, now the wilson's def on the radar.

alright i finally got caught up with all the posts!

hows it hanging fellas? (pun intended) :D

Just did the shaft fit again and it came up with 7.0... Those things have to be like swinging a baseball bat! lol

hangin just find bridges. where you been? you've missed a ton of "possible purchase" discussion

Just did the shaft fit again and it came up with 7.0... Those things have to be like swinging a baseball bat! lol

what's your swing speed with a 6 iron?

TC get the Wilsons!!!!!! Thatd be EPIC BPipe I put new shafts in the Cg7 BP's and they turned into bigger beasts.

I had a little affair with a Method putter tonight. And a 8882. I let my 8881 know it didnt mean anything but those other two were sweeeeeeet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i bet its cause you have a fast tempo and you put in standard weight. the fast tempo usually thows up the shaft stiffness..

hangin just find bridges. where you been? you've missed a ton of "possible purchase" discussion
dude i know, i missed alot.
i had to go mow a business, but got 250 bucks for 3 hours of work so im happy lol

what's your swing speed with a 6 iron?

Honestly I am not sure, I have only ever had my driver SS checked. I carry a 7iron between 170-180 with out much trouble, so I enterted 170 on the shaft fit with a desired mid trajectory and standard weight.

I will play with it a bit more and see what I come up with.

i bet its cause you have a fast tempo and you put in standard weight. the fast tempo usually thows up the shaft stiffness..l

I actualy have a very average temo. My buddy tells me it looks like I am in slow motion and asks why the ball goes so far... I just shrug my shoulders.

OK I changed the weight to lightweight and got the HL x100. I am confused, I think this requires a trip to GG! Oh darn...:D

I actualy have a very average temo. My buddy tells me it looks like I am in slow motion and asks why the ball goes so far... I just shrug my shoulders.
so you put in moderate tempo and it still gave you 7.0? thats crazy! i bet the 6.0s would be just fine for you but idk for sure.
OK I changed the weight to lightweight and got the HL x100. I am confused, I think this requires a trip to GG! Oh darn...:D
ya get all the results on the monitor thats probably the best why to go. i know i am about to get fitted also.

definitely go to GG or wherever and get on the optimizer. they'll sort you out with the correct shaft and i'll be interested to see if it's in conjunction with shaftfit.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back