EVNROLL Putter Review

On arrival...

Evnroll ER8 - D8, 498g, 34.25 inches, 370g head, Gravity Grip

Look Ma, no paintfill... now if I can get BOS to fill in the sightline and do it in black... hmmm (pics not the best of focus as I was zooming in)

I have an er2 I’m going to send out to get redone. Black sight line would look pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some have questioned as to the reason the ER5 has/had a click/high pitched sound -

In sum, the original ER5 had a sound-slot like high pitch. The putter was redesigned a couple of years ago so the sound was eliminated. Old inventory may exist.

I just picked up the phone and called Evnroll. This is the ER5 story:

In the original design, the wings were hollow, giving the high pitched sound. About two years ago, they filled in the wings with steel and the high pitch/click disappeared. Some old inventory may be out there -- I'd suggest one order from the factory or discountdansgolf (or other retailer) with a custom order, and you'll get the new one. Or tell them you want the new inventory.

That should help!

Desmond, now that you have the ER8, is it what you thought it would be?

Desmond, now that you have the ER8, is it what you thought it would be?

Better -

I switched to left hand low and my 12 yr old son was jealous. I was canning everything within 20 feet. Pretty funny. I also learned to use the entire head to aim and not the front of the blade. I am left eye dominant and that has an effect on how one aims. Once I learned aiming, got accustomed to the Gravity Grip and went to left hand low, my aim and distance control were much more precise. I think it helps that although it is not a heavy nor light putter (370g head and 120g grip) - the swingweight is about D8, which seems to help distance control.

I just got my Evnroll ER5B. It looks awesome. Going to play around with it here at home since its about 5 degrees outside. Can't wait to get it out on the course.

Evnroll is difficult to find in the local stores. So are people ordering on line? I think I know what I want but I hate to just order and take a chance.

Evnroll is difficult to find in the local stores. So are people ordering on line? I think I know what I want but I hate to just order and take a chance.

Golf galaxy has an ER2 and like 2 other ones. Unless someone bought them. If the weather was better I’d be happy to meet you at like stone and let you roll my ER5.

I was in the same boat as you. I went to austads and hit everything they had there that has the winged shape. Then figured I'd go to golf galaxy just to see what they had, maybe see if they had a stroke lab 7(I have no idea when they are even going to be in stores) or maybe they might have a seemore(they did) or the bettinardi that was there last time. Rolled the ER2 for longer than I'd care to admit. Went straight home and ordered the ER5.

Last edited:

If there is a PGA Superstore near you they carry each model. I decided to drive about 2 hours to Indy and give them a try because like you, I wanted to know for sure. Not to mention, they had just about every putter so I could compare to others as well.

Just ordered an ER5 black off eBay... going to see what wins between this and the Bat Attack.

I have a stabilizer shaft ready to go but unsure if I want to install it before I determine which is the keeper.

Put the ER 1.2 and ER 6 Silver (yep) head to head on the retail putting surface

ER 1.2 won on shape and sound
ER 6 won on pure performance
Silver? Is it limited edition one? Just got a great deal on one today! Do you find much glare? Any specific care for it?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

starting some changes

pqErSO5.jpg
MQKie8S.jpg
Which grip? Mine has the thin black one. Trying to decide if I should order the gravity grip

Also mine looks shinier? Is yours dull finish like the er2 or er8 or is it a bit shinier like mine?

if it says 250 on the bottom, it's the same satin finish as the rest of the line

right now it has a flux gravity 1 grip @ 33" 604g total, SW very light @ ~C1.3

Satin? Top seems kind of shiny.
Love the roll but have not tried it on grass.
Do you find it does what is advertised?

Satin? Top seems kind of shiny.
Love the roll but have not tried it on grass.
Do you find it does what is advertised?

it performs as advertised

[video=youtube_share;3A-ZRhN-86w]https://youtu.be/3A-ZRhN-86w[/video]

Stopped in at HQ in Carlsbad today to get my new ER2.2 bent 2 degrees flat and set the loft to 1.5. While I was chatting with Travis Guerin walks in, we started chatting about Lexi Thompson’s new ER2 with a high bend shaft that makes it “Toe Balanced”. Travis brought one out just like Lexi’s and Guerin explained to me how it works. Basically, instead of slight toe hang, there is a slight heel hang. I took a couple of strokes with it and it swung nicely. EVNROLL is getting some great exposure from Lexi using their putter and let’s hope others will follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

it performs as advertised

[video=youtube_share;3A-ZRhN-86w]https://youtu.be/3A-ZRhN-86w[/video]

I have an ER2 that I played all last season. Sent it off to get refinished so I had my Scotty in the bag for a few rounds and noticed a difference between heel and toe hits compared to the EVNROL. ER2 is so easy to hit. Bad strikes still go where you want them too. Looking forward to getting it back in my bag.

Rolled a few of them today.....almost pulled the trigger. Need to sleep on it but I’m interested.

Rolled a few of them today.....almost pulled the trigger. Need to sleep on it but I’m interested.

I have one picked out that I've been eyeing for some time now. Can't justify pulling the trigger if I'm actually not playing right now. If/when I start playing regular again, I'll be going back and check it out again.

I have one picked out that I've been eyeing for some time now. Can't justify pulling the trigger if I'm actually not playing right now. If/when I start playing regular again, I'll be going back and check it out again.

Played w/ Chuck & Chris today out at the Tribute. Always welcome to join us out there someday. We talked a lot about some old DFW THP’ers today. But yes, I’m full pondering on a few of these models right now.

Pull the trigger!!! I put an ER2 in play about 6-8 weeks ago ... love it!!!

Pull the trigger!!! I put an ER2 in play about 6-8 weeks ago ... love it!!!

I have had the ER2 since it came out and it really has been a game changer for me. I have zero interest in even trying anything else. This putter will most likely never leave my bag and that is saying something.

Yesterday I put the ER2 through the paces at my local store and it performed very well.

As a former mallet guy i picked up the ER6 for old times.

My goodness, was this thing accurate. Purely point and shoot on 6 footers. It had the Gravity grip and I'm sure was weighted accordingly. I don't know if this combo just works, was a fluke, the Gravity grip made a difference or the massive weight in the extreme back of the head just makes it extremely stable.

I love the way you can change the weighting and can give counterbalancing a shot with the Gravity shaft and changeable back weight. But with an extra weight.......$400 +. Ouch.

Thankfully they are back ordered on the ER6.

Went to Golf Galaxy last week. I had been thinking about going back to a mallet putter. Had a couple specific putters in mind. While there i saw the Evnroll ER5B, one still wrapped in plastic. They had the gravity grip. As soon as i tried it it just felt really good. I had read about but never actually seen or tried an Evnroll. I purchased it one reason i was concerned if i thought about it i would go back and they would be gone. Used it at home on a putting mat and really felt good about it. Played it this weekend and just loved it. I cant describe the feel but between the putter and the grip it just feels and rolls great a different feel that any putter i have ever tried. The word smooth comes to mind. And in person it looks incredible. So far so good. Also the Golf Galaxy $50.00 off on purchase over 250 worked on it which was an added bonus.

Back