Extra Rounds and Travel Talk - Wilson Staff #PersonalDistance event in Chicago

Drove past the exit for this course twice this weekend, can't wait to play this bad boy

I keep oogling over this great course, the water on 13-14-15-16 is going to be a challenge for sure.
I am bringing my snorkel.

It's really not as bad as the map and flyover make it look. 14 can be a mean cuss if the wind is coming out of the west. That time of the year it's usually helping from the north and east. You might need driver off the tee on 15 but there's plenty of area to bail to the right if you can get it out to 240. From there it's a 5i and scoring iron and you're home. 16 is an iron off the tee. There are more challenging holes on the course besides the famed "Kelpie's Corner".

Drove past the exit for this course twice this weekend, can't wait to play this bad boy

You were in town....and failed to let me know. I'm hurt.

Man I was just looking over the course website, I may be calling in sick to work that day if anyone here cant make it. Looks like $60 is a STEAL for this course.

I failed Adam, we were just passing through, I wish I coulda stopped and hung out. Had a wife and a 3 month old who were sick of being in the car!

This going to open up to more than just the 4 groups yet? :)

It's really not as bad as the map and flyover make it look. 14 can be a mean cuss if the wind is coming out of the west. That time of the year it's usually helping from the north and east. You might need driver off the tee on 15 but there's plenty of area to bail to the right if you can get it out to 240. From there it's a 5i and scoring iron and you're home. 16 is an iron off the tee. There are more challenging holes on the course besides the famed "Kelpie's Corner".

You were in town....and failed to let me know. I'm hurt.

Why? People in Chicago don't play golf anyways:alien:

I failed Adam, we were just passing through, I wish I coulda stopped and hung out. Had a wife and a 3 month old who were sick of being in the car!

No worries. I was actually busy with family Saturday and played yesterday morning.

We sure as he'll talk about it though :alien: I really can't wait to get out with everyone in a couple of months. Greens might be bumpy, but the leaves should be nice and colorful which will make that course even more beautiful. Their practice area is pretty sick too.

Byron and I are still playing Saturday AM and need a couple to fill the 4. Don't let his views on the proper use of Mrs. Dash scare you away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries. I was actually busy with family Saturday and played yesterday morning.

We sure as he'll talk about it though :alien: I really can't wait to get out with everyone in a couple of months. Greens might be bumpy, but the leaves should be nice and colorful which will make that course even more beautiful. Their practice area is pretty sick too.

Byron and I are still playing Saturday AM and need a couple to fill the 4. Don't let his views on the proper use of Mrs. Dash scare you away.

It would be proper not to use it...

I promise I'm not as bad, slow or ugly as Adam has told any of you....ok, maybe I am that bad.

I think it could use more dogleg rights.... :act-up:

We may have a spot for you Friday. Hang tight and I'll let you know.
Wait don't I have a spot already? No messing with my heart here.....

We play golf. It's just quick, quiet and under the cover of hats and sunglasses.....

Bumping cause its been awhile and we are getting close. If your name needs added or removed, let me know

Friday round info:

Ok we are set for Friday October 10th, we have 4 tee times 11am, 11:10, 11:20, 11:30

http://www.mistwoodgc.com/

$60 each including range balls

Need a headcount:

1. Mikedean441
2. Hawk
3. Philly V
4. Dcbrad
5. JrodM
6. GreekGodX
7. LordByron
8. Jrod
9. Rambler
10. Erky
11. Iceyshanks
12. Girardcorp
13. Spivey
14. Adamw238
15. Dhartmann34
16. Michigan Slice
17. Jspangs

My name needs to be removed. Thanks Ohiotopia!

Mistwood's clubhouse is being torn down tomorrow. Bigger and better one on the way for next year.

That place is getting in order. I wonder if it would attract any big tournaments down the line.

This should throw them squarely into a very competitive wedding/larger banquet market...that revenue should mean good things for the golf product as a whole.

I can't wait for this event!!!
Coming in for a day... Totally worth it!

I am wondering if I will need to buy any clothes for this. I don't own any sweaters, golf slacks, etc. I think I have some jeans somewhere.

I am wondering if I will need to buy any clothes for this. I don't own any sweaters, golf slacks, etc. I think I have some jeans somewhere.

October in Illinois? Could have any type of weather. Definitely should be on the chillier side.

Back