Fairway Styles Contest

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The interview with John Coleman from www.fairwaystyles.com is now up http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=2534 and he spoke about this contest.

We want to "dress" two readers from your site via gift certificate. One man and one woman. What we are planning is something that should be fun for everybody. To enter, all you have to do is take a picture of your biggest fashion "faux pas" in golf fashions that you have worn in the last 12 months. And then in 30 words or less tell us why your golf fashion could use a makeover.

Here are the official rules.

1. You must email a photo of your worst golf outfit that you have worn in the past year or so. We are hoping everybody will be honest and only use things they have actually worn. You do not have to be wearing it at the time of the photo, it can be laid out on the floor or anything else.

2. You must submit in 30 words or less why this outfit needs a golf fashion makeover or why you need a golf fashion makeover.

3. All entries must be emailed to one of the admins.
josh@thehackersparadise.com
golfergal@thehackersparadise.com
hacker@thehackersparadise.com

4. The winning male and female will each get a $100 gift certificate to use at www.fairwaystyles.com

5. The judging will be done by a panel of judges that includes www.fairwaystyles.com, THP, and more. The picture is worth 50% and the "essay" is worth 50% as well.

6. We will be posting the top 5 contestants on the forums before the finals are done.

7. This contest will run until April 25th, 2009 at 8pm EST. All submissions must be turned in by then.

We wish everyone good luck with this and it should be a whole lot of fun. And do not forget that we will have our full review of the www.Fairwaystyles.com store up later this week. We will profile each brand for both men and women and have a whole lot more.

Last edited:
Oh man I got the perfect shirt for this one!

Can't wait! I think I'm gonna go do it now.

• Admin
Its an entire outfit Dent.

Its an entire outfit Dent.

I know. I'm just saying that the shirt is the worst. I am super bored, and remember a great story, so I thought I would get it in while I have nothing else to do.

Also JB, without having to go to my hotmail account,

When i got to your profile and click "Send an Email" is that linked to the email you provided in the Original thread?

• Admin
It should be Dent.

Man, honestly I don't have bad any bad outfits because my mom likes me to dress nice so she buys me nicer clothes. Good luck to everyone that enter, it looks like a very fun contest. And well done FS! :clapp:

• Admin
But what you think is nice, others might not like. Plus 50% of the contest is based on the essay section. It is worth entering.

But what you think is nice, others might not like. Plus 50% of the contest is based on the essay section. It is worth entering.

That's true JB, you have convinced me to enter. I think I will know what I'm going to use then.

Man, honestly I don't have bad any bad outfits because my mom likes me to dress nice so she buys me nicer clothes. Good luck to everyone that enter, it looks like a very fun contest. And well done FS! :clapp:

I have the same problem, but luckily I had something I had to wear when I lost a bet. It was disgusting.

Well, once my belt didn't match my shoes? I'll have to think about this one.

I'm the opposite of all of you.
I have way too many terrible outfits to choose from.

Would taking a picture of my lack of golf outfits work? I have 3 shirts, 1 that fits, and 1 pair of shorts.

Would taking a picture of my lack of golf outfits work? I have 3 shirts, 1 that fits, and 1 pair of shorts.

I'm sorry Flop, if I wasn't a midgit I would give you some stuff, I have TOO much.

Wait what am I talking about? You can't have too many clothes :D

lol, i am opting OUT of this one, lol

Oh, and I only have one hat...a black TW one. haha

i think a Woody Austin style shirt would make it into the finals for sure. man i hate his shirts, lol

i bought a pair of plaid golfing pants from the 1970's on ebay a few months ago. never worn them yet though. and they are U-G-L-Y

Why RS? I think you should do it.

Why RS? I think you should do it.

lol, no way. im pretty sure that they would be hard to beat in the ugly pants category though. dark green plaid, flaired bottoms, from the 1970's...yikes

lol, no way. im pretty sure that they would be hard to beat in the ugly pants category though. dark green plaid, flaired bottoms, from the 1970's...yikes

If you got them you might as well go for it, at least post a pic of those pants:D

Free clothes are free clothes. But the rule is, you have to have worn them.

If you got them you might as well go for it, at least post a pic of those pants:D

i can do that. i actually would wear them on a cold day, but they need to be hemmed. they are just a tad to long

Free clothes are free clothes. But the rule is, you have to have worn them.

dont worry, im not entering this one, hehe

We look forward to this one guys. Hopefully we get tons of entries for this.

Back