Fall 2014 Central Iowa Get Together

Personally if there is only a ten dollar difference I want to play TCI. With the rave revues I have heard from THP it sounds like a course I need to play.

Finally heard back from Coldwater. Total price for round on Sunday would be $44.94. I'm still waiting to hear back from TCI.
If it's as nice as everyone is saying, I'd be down for a little bit extra for TCI.

I liked coldwater. Its where i found my love of the noodle long and soft. But there simply is no comparison when it comes to TCI. Just an incredibly gorgeous course.

~Rock

I liked coldwater. Its where i found my love of the noodle long and soft. But there simply is no comparison when it comes to TCI. Just an incredibly gorgeous course.

~Rock

I have to agree TCI is one of my favorite courses, just wish I could make this. I am Iowa cursed, the last two years have been the only weekends I have had weddings all year. My cousins both times and I have tried to talk my wife out of going but she thinks we have to go because they came to our wedding.

I have to agree TCI is one of my favorite courses, just wish I could make this. I am Iowa cursed, the last two years have been the only weekends I have had weddings all year. My cousins both times and I have tried to talk my wife out of going but she thinks we have to go because they came to our wedding.
TCI does weddings. Just saying.

~Rock

I don't know if I'll be able to make it for sure, but TCI is truly incredible!

TCI does weddings. Just saying.

~Rock

Don't get me started I will be in the rant thread before long. The wedding this year is some goofy celebration, at least it will be in traditional German Oktoberfest style. I will continue to work on it, we don't have a babysitter besides my parents that put our daughter to sleep and they are invited to the adult only function so I am going with that angle,

If it's as nice as everyone is saying, I'd be down for a little bit extra for TCI.

It is hands down better than Coldwater. Especially for just a bit more.

Last edited:
I'm still not 100 % sure I can make it, I may have over estimated my vacation time as I forgot about a couple days off earlier this year. There is a good chance of me collecting some OT hours, which I can convert to time off. And if it works out, I am up for golf Sat & Sun, wherever you guys decide, price is not an obstacle until we hit the $200 a round mark.

I'm still not 100 % sure I can make it, I may have over estimated my vacation time as I forgot about a couple days off earlier this year. There is a good chance of me collecting some OT hours, which I can convert to time off. And if it works out, I am up for golf Sat & Sun, wherever you guys decide, price is not an obstacle until we hit the $200 a round mark.

Well get that OT machine cranked up and get on the road to Iowa!

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

I need some OT.... An adjustment and a massage. Back is not happy with me this past week....

I need some OT.... An adjustment and a massage. Back is not happy with me this past week....

Starting with excuses a tad earlier aren't you?

Starting with excuses a tad earlier aren't you?
Nope. Just the truth... Gotta get this thing in order so we can come show Iowa why Team Illinois are the DEFENDING Champs....

Nope. Just the truth... Gotta get this thing in order so we can come show Iowa why Team Illinois are the DEFENDING Champs....

Your Delusions need treatment as well!

Your Delusions need treatment as well!

We'll see in October...

Does TCI include range balls? I'd really like to play this place. Hopefully they drop a few bucks off. I also hope some folks step up and come play.

We'll see in October...

Does TCI include range balls? I'd really like to play this place. Hopefully they drop a few bucks off. I also hope some folks step up and come play.

I don't think range balls are included. I will ask when I finally talk to them.

I don't think we have $200/round golf in Iowa, at least not at public and semi-private courses.

He sandbagged in southern Iowa too.

We'll see in October...

I guess I haven't played at TCI except at the THP outing a couple of years ago. We had range balls then, but then, we were all trying out the wealth of new clubs that came in on the tour van.

~Rock

Ok Guys it's decision time!

TCI on Sunday Oct 5th.

Stay and Play with Hotel on site is: hotel double occupancy $75 (normal 99) Golf $47 (normal 55). This rate includes range balls.

Not stay and play is $55 and includes range balls.

I have tee times from 0920 to 0950.

Need to to get a head count of those who want to play Sunday. TCI would like me to adjust or cancel times ASAP if we aren't interested.

As a reminder, Coldwater is $44.94.

The drive from Polk City to Boone is about 30 minutes.

To put this into perspective. One, TCI is phenomenal, the course is worth way more than $10 more over coldwater.

As for hotel prices and total trip costs.

Honey Creek Saturday (36) holes - $37

I'm basing all options on playing at TCI, just because.

Stay at Hawk's Hotel of Shame (aka the Days Inn in Ankeny), two bed queen room - $85 per night (includes taxes)
Play TCI Sunday - $55
Total weekend cost if you are staying 1 night - $177

Total weekend cost if you are staying 2 nights - $262

Stay and Play at TCI - $75 for Saturday night only (since we aren't playing TCI on Saturday, Friday night would be $100)
Golf at TCI - $47
Total Weekend Cost if you are staying 1 night - $159

Total Weekend Cost to stay at TCI 2 nights - $258

Total Weekend Cost to stay at Days Inn Friday and TCI Saturday - $244

*Word of Caution* - I have little doubt the TCI hotel rate does not include taxes. Just add $15-20 per night (typically, not sure what Polk City hotel taxes run).

As you can see, there isn't a whole lot of difference, at least without knowing the taxes for TCI hotel.

~Rock

Ok Guys it's decision time!

TCI on Sunday Oct 5th.

Stay and Play with Hotel on site is: hotel double occupancy $75 (normal 99) Golf $47 (normal 55). This rate includes range balls.

Not stay and play is $55 and includes range balls.

I have tee times from 0920 to 0950.

Need to to get a head count of those who want to play Sunday. TCI would like me to adjust or cancel times ASAP if we aren't interested.

As a reminder, Coldwater is $44.94.

The drive from Polk City to Boone is about 30 minutes.

To put this into perspective. One, TCI is phenomenal, the course is worth way more than $10 more over coldwater.

As for hotel prices and total trip costs.

Honey Creek Saturday (36) holes - $37

I'm basing all options on playing at TCI, just because.

Stay at Hawk's Hotel of Shame (aka the Days Inn in Ankeny), two bed queen room - $85 per night (includes taxes)
Play TCI Sunday - $55
Total weekend cost if you are staying 1 night - $177

Total weekend cost if you are staying 2 nights - $262

Stay and Play at TCI - $75 for Saturday night only (since we aren't playing TCI on Saturday, Friday night would be $100)
Golf at TCI - $47
Total Weekend Cost if you are staying 1 night - $159

Total Weekend Cost to stay at TCI 2 nights - $258

Total Weekend Cost to stay at Days Inn Friday and TCI Saturday - $244

*Word of Caution* - I have little doubt the TCI hotel rate does not include taxes. Just add $15-20 per night (typically, not sure what Polk City hotel taxes run).

As you can see, there isn't a whole lot of difference, at least without knowing the taxes for TCI hotel.

~Rock

Quoted to get it all on the same page.

You can definitely count me in for Sunday.

~Rock

Wonder if the Mayor could talk to the TCI hotel and get a 2nd night of reduced rate from them. Thinking they might for a dignitary.

4 to 5 rooms at $75 is better than no rooms at $99.

Wonder if the Mayor could talk to the TCI hotel and get a 2nd night of reduced rate from them. Thinking they might for a dignitary.

I'll need a head count first.

~Rock

Im good with whatever. Is the TCI hotel $75 a person or is that spilt between two people? I am in on Sunday though and want to play TCI.

Back