Tour Event Farmers Insurance Open

97AE89BF-06AA-4E20-B052-54AFF0E0FFCB.jpeg

6FCE8AF9-9454-48DE-8745-8E7830332716.jpeg

I'm interested to see how Phil fairs this week, it wasn't good for AMEX.

Feels like the real start to the season

Feels like the real start to the season
YES! This is what I was saying to a buddy today. This feels like the true kickoff.

Im really looking forward to this... I got to play Torrey last week and it really opened my eyes how much more difficult the courses are when they're getting ready for a PGA event. I know its still nowhere close to how US Open courses are made but damn Torrey was tough this time.

I've played both courses about 6 months ago and played the South last week. The rough was insane!!! In the clubhouse there was a sign posted "After looking for your ball in the rough for 1 minute, please move on and drop for your next shot.".... I now understand why lol. Drives or missed greens landing in the rough literally disappeared. I didnt play bad at all but I lost 8 balls without hitting in to a hazard. You have to know the exact spot where your ball landed in the rough or else you're not going to see it. The fairways were very very narrow, probably 30 yards wide with plenty even more narrow.

Greens were much faster than last summer. The softest tap putting got the ball rolling right away. Definitely a much truer roll than what im used to but they were very fast. Again I know when they have the US open next year the course will probably be even harder, but this 3rd time playing Torrey really opened my eyes of how hard the courses truly play

On my way there now, I’ll see if can get photos of the rough cause as of 3 weeks ago it was beyond brutal
just saw your post, and I just posted before this. I played it last week and the rough was insane!!! I lost 8 balls simply b/c you cant see it. Its like the rough eats the ball and just disappears

Ready for this one!!!

My DraftKings this week:

Xander $10,100
Hideki $9,900
Lanto Griffin $7,900
Harris English $7,400
Pat Perez $7,000
Tom Hoge $6,900

Im really looking forward to this... I got to play Torrey last week and it really opened my eyes how much more difficult the courses are when they're getting ready for a PGA event. I know its still nowhere close to how US Open courses are made but damn Torrey was tough this time.

I've played both courses about 6 months ago and played the South last week. The rough was insane!!! In the clubhouse there was a sign posted "After looking for your ball in the rough for 1 minute, please move on and drop for your next shot.".... I now understand why lol. Drives or missed greens landing in the rough literally disappeared. I didnt play bad at all but I lost 8 balls without hitting in to a hazard. You have to know the exact spot where your ball landed in the rough or else you're not going to see it. The fairways were very very narrow, probably 30 yards wide with plenty even more narrow.

Greens were much faster than last summer. The softest tap putting got the ball rolling right away. Definitely a much truer roll than what im used to but they were very fast. Again I know when they have the US open next year the course will probably be even harder, but this 3rd time playing Torrey really opened my eyes of how hard the courses truly play

That's why I love this tournament. It's one of the 4 or 5 non-majors that offers these guys a real test every year. It almost always brings the cream to the top. When looking over the stats that are important for DraftKings lineups the experts out there all have different ones. I just look at strokes gained total, because I feel like this tourney is a test of the total game. Looking at the past winners it's easy to see that is true.

This is the start of the season, for me. When almost all the 'big dogs' get out to play(y)

getting excited to see Tiger back in action

Great course and it's always good to get the big cat back out on tour.

Up the road from me, might pop in Saturday for my first tour event just to see Tiger.

Up the road from me, might pop in Saturday for my first tour event just to see Tiger.
Definitely do it if you can! Fun experience

Back