Fast and Furious 9

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
More trailers are out. John Cena is Vin Diesel’s brother and beyond that I’m just super confused. Han isn’t dead? What the heck is going on? I’m still going to watch it though...

Edit: Brian is not back, but the Tokyo Drift crew is! Han is definitely not dead though, despite being killed by both DK and Deckard Shaw.

Last edited:
It wouldn’t matter to me if this was a foreign language art film, I would still watch it. My daughter and I are fans of the series. I am confused by the story line of this one, but cars and explosions :)

I am going to hold out for the 12th installment: Fast and Furious about New Car Prices.

Also, based on that trailer it seems like a terrible time to be a high school physics teacher having to re-explain how magnetism works.

I am going to hold out for the 12th installment: Fast and Furious about New Car Prices.

Also, based on that trailer it seems like a terrible time to be a high school physics teacher having to re-explain how magnetism works.
I have a buddy who’s a mechanical engineer and almost solely bases his movie ratings on how realistic the science is. He would not approve 😆

There are NINE of these now!? I lost interest with Tokyo Drift.

How many more of these are they going to do? I guess we are subjected to more 18 speed transmission shifting!:ROFLMAO:
8744AC30-4808-41E8-9029-CA57A349C18D.jpeg

I have not watched the last 4.. I am so done with this gravity and physics defying franchise..

The original was a good idea. LA car street racing. Turned into to super thieves that save the world? Wait, what?

Also, isn't Brian dead in real life??

I have not watched the last 4.. I am so done with this gravity and physics defying franchise..

The original was a good idea. LA car street racing. Turned into to super thieves that save the world? Wait, what?

Also, isn't Brian dead in real life??
He is and he only appeared once in the trailer (I think it’s Paul Walker’s brother), but still very confused. And still very going to watch it!

What the heck is going on? I’m still going to watch it though...
This is me too :ROFLMAO:. I say to myself "how did they make 9 of these", as I grab the popcorn to sit down.

I usually will watch these when they come out on cable. There mindless fun. Holding out hope for a Fast and Furious: The Carvana Experience! I might see that at the movie theater.:D

He is and he only appeared once in the trailer (I think it’s Paul Walker’s brother), but still very confused. And still very going to watch it!
Yeah I think his brother does little bits of add in stuff for them.

There are NINE of these now!? I lost interest with Tokyo Drift.
How dare you?! Han was my boy!!! I’m very happy he appears to be alive again despite dying in two different movies.

Are we talking about the part with him and his kid on the iPad? Because at first I thought it was the guy at the BBQ but those are the guys from TD! That's sooo cool! I was smiling the whole trailer. I don't care if other people think these are dumb, I'm all in for it!

Nah. I'll pass. I don't remember the last one I saw... it may be mindless entertainment but I'm not interested in the franchise anymore.

Having just watched the trailer a couple of things come to mind...

#1. The overhead shot of the cars in the mountains... didn't I see that in another movie?

#2. Who's the chick with the bowl cut? What's with the bowl cut?

#3. The long truck scene... Deadpool 2 did it better. And was snarkier.

The trailer reinforced that I don't want to see this movie... and Jon Cena needs a purple cow on his dashboard... for when he hits his NOS.. it can say "BOOST!":ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
How dare you?! Han was my boy!!! I’m very happy he appears to be alive again despite dying in two different movies.
Looks like he'll have two more chances after F9! There are a 10th and 11th instalment already planned!

Hmm... maybe I will watch this one after all. F9 is a good driver, so maybe it'll be a good movie too?

I didn't think they could do it, but they have made the new best movie in the world ever. I cannot wait to see this!

More trailers are out. John Cena is Vin Diesel’s brother and beyond that I’m just super confused. Brian is back? Han isn’t dead? What the heck is going on? I’m still going to watch it though...

Tokyo Drift is technically the "newest" movie, hence why Han isn't dead.

The timeline doesn't align with all of the movies, I am guessing at some point they thought Tokyo Drift might be the last one....

Regardless, It is a day 1 watch for me.

The timeline doesn't align with all of the movies, I am guessing at some point they thought Tokyo Drift might be the last one....

They reuse the footage of his death in Furious 7 though, where he is killed by Deckard Shaw, whose mother is in this movie. When do they bring time travel into the equation?

TD is between Fast and Furious 6 and Furious 7

Back