Favorite Cut Of Meat

I usually do medium rare if I am ordering out but if I am cooking it I go rare for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a killer 32oz Porterhouse by me that I attempt every couple months. The thing is soooo good

Well. Looks like a trip to Ruth's Chris is in order this weekend.

I love a Porterhouse.

NY Strip. MMMMMMMMmmmmm.

For me, nothing beats a good grilled NY Strip!

I love filets, but for my money, I can't pass up a good ribeye.

I am a ribeye fan medium rare to rare.

NY Strip for me. I like the leaner cuts. Sirloin would be second. Medium well is my temp.

Gonna go out there a bit and say cheek. Most underrated cut ever. Delicious on fish and beef, alike.

T-Bone hands down.

Bone in Ribeye is first choice for me! A very close second would be a Filet stuffed with Bleu Cheese.

JM

Ribeyes are always an excellent choice medium rare, but I've been doing a lot of flank or skirt steaks for the last year and a half or so. That being said, I have 2 ribeyes in the fridge soaking up some salt and pepper...

Rib-eyes are my favorite a close second would be a KC strip.

I really like the flank cut or churasco as my Spanish wife calls it. So flavorful and so easy to grill. Salt and pepper is all it takes. Soooo good.

Porterhouse or scotch filet for me, medium rare. Mouth watering.

Rump steak has always been my favorite, followed by rib eye. Both served as rare as possible.

By far a nice cut of Filet Mignon. Just thinking about it makes the mouth water.

Im partial to the beef rib roast or prime rib. As for steaks I like a thick, medium rare t bone. Has more marbling and flavor IMO if you go to the right steak and chop shop. Or if you buy your meat wholesale like from a rancher I have my butcher cut all my steaks to a nice inch amd a half thickness. Sometimes we buy a half or quarter heffer and stock the freezer.

About to grill up 3 1" thick dry aged ribeyes - sweet corn is boiling

Rib eye for me, well done. Add some corn, corn bread. I am making myself way too hungry now
Might have to pick that up on the way home

Interesting discussion I just had about steaks so we will keep this to the beef side of things.

What is your favorite cut? Filet? Strip? Other?

For me, it's got to be a grilled rib eye, medium well with slight pink at the center....

Gonna go out there a bit and say cheek. Most underrated cut ever. Delicious on fish and beef, alike.

That is a shrewd choice. I go crazy for cheek. I had the pleasure of having halibut cheek a while back and it was truly melt-in-your-mouth amazing. Great call!

That is a shrewd choice. I go crazy for cheek. I had the pleasure of having halibut cheek a while back and it was truly melt-in-your-mouth amazing. Great call!

Us Pittsburghers have great taste in food.

Back