Favorite Cut Of Meat

Porterhouse Medium Rare.

Ribeye Cap.........if not available 30-40 Day dry aged Ribeye

found this at costco and got super pumped. cooked it twice and it was to die for. then i found out it is blade tenderized, and the 129* we brought it to with sous vide definitely subjected us to some sweet e coli.

Flap meat. It used to be really cheap, now it’s almost the same price as filet. Not easy to find, but you can get it at a Costco, or ask the butcher. It’s not generally a stock item. Marinade it in garlic, s&p, a little oil. Grill it maybe 4 min per side on med flame, get it to MR you will grill that every weekend

Flap meat. It used to be really cheap, now it’s almost the same price as filet. Not easy to find, but you can get it at a Costco, or ask the butcher. It’s not generally a stock item. Marinade it in garlic, s&p, a little oil. Grill it maybe 4 min per side on med flame, get it to MR you will grill that every weekend

Costco sells this at a fraction of cost of Filet.

Beef? Gotta be a ribeye or porterhouse. If it's not an inch thick or more....dont buy it.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Beef? Gotta be a river or porterhouse. If it's not an inch thick or more....dont buy it.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

This man is not wrong. The real key to the big thick cuts is the reverse sear. Get it right at rare, let it rest for a couple minutes and the on the hottest flame you can make and a minute or two on each side.

Venison backstrap.

I have become a big fan of the tomahawk ribeye, (aka big ass ribeye) done right it is so good.

Strangely enough the best ones I have had were in the Dominican Republic. But my next trip to Argentina if the have it on the menu it will be tried.

I have become a big fan of the tomahawk ribeye, (aka big ass ribeye) done right it is so good.

Strangely enough the best ones I have had were in the Dominican Republic. But my next trip to Argentina if the have it on the menu it will be tried.

The ones with the big ol bone handle? I have seen them, but I haven't had one yet.

Yes that is it, normally 36-38 oz..serious piece of steak

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The ones with the big ol bone handle? I have seen them, but I haven't had one yet.

I do not understand the allure of a tomahawk, other than presentation. If I'm paying for 36oz of beef, I want minimal bone. Even some of the butcher shops here charge more per pound for a tomahawk compared to the same meat, as a normal steak. Makes no sense to me.

I do not understand the allure of a tomahawk, other than presentation. If I'm paying for 36oz of beef, I want minimal bone. Even some of the butcher shops here charge more per pound for a tomahawk compared to the same meat, as a normal steak. Makes no sense to me.

pretty much exactly what comment was going to be. i don't think my butcher's price/lb is reflective of a hunk of inedible mass. if i'm going to pay a lot, i'm going to pay for something i can eat. it looks cool, though.

Back