Favorite driver of all time?

My favorite driver ever was the original Callaway Big Bertha Alpha. I had such confidence with that club. It was insanely long too.

My best performing driver of all time was the GBB 2 Pro in 9* head. I just got along perfectly with that club.

SuperTri is 1b for me still, 1a is the Nickent 4DX Evolver with 1c being the 400 Max.
The Epic is my favorite followed by the Big Bertha from jist before it. But I still have my Nickent Evolver!

Oooh, this is a tricky one. I really really like the Flash for me, but I am kind of leaning towards the 2014 Big Bertha. That club made me realize I could hit a driver again, and kind of set that spot in the bag for a few years. I made some pretty major swing changes, and having the APW was really great to keep the driver working for me as I toned down what was a terrible slice.

Now, the Flash is kind of the latest in that lineage, and definitely performs better, so maybe that's the right answer.

Cleveland Launcher Ti 460, Aldila NV Green shaft. I consider it my first big boy driver.
My cousin still uses it today and I have to hit it every time we play together. Still has a lot of game!!

A close second is my ol original Rocketballz. Name is bad, but the club is great.

View attachment 39258

460 Comp was a top 5 for me

My all time favorite was my 07 TM Burner 8.5* TP with a tour issue Speeder Tour Spec 661X shaft. That club for me at that time in my life was a friggin weapon. No way I could swing that thing now.

Driver I always had the 'best' feelings for was the TM Burner driver. I can't remember if it was 07 or 08, or maybe it was 09. Either way, it was the 'first gen' of the burners, b/c they had two different burner drivers in consecutive years. It always felt so good to hit a ball with it.

~Rock

Driver I always had the 'best' feelings for was the TM Burner driver. I can't remember if it was 07 or 08, or maybe it was 09. Either way, it was the 'first gen' of the burners, b/c they had two different burner drivers in consecutive years. It always felt so good to hit a ball with it.

~Rock

'07 was the 1st gen of the Burner 460's.

Cleveland Classic 290 with a Kusala Blue. Not the most forgiving driver but so much fun to game. Only driver not currently in my basement that I regret selling.

The Cobra ZL was my all time favorite but my Ping G400 MAX is set to replace it.

Dude this was a great club! I had forgotten I owned one of these! This **** was the bee's knee's

Cleveland Launcher Ti 460, Aldila NV Green shaft. I consider it my first big boy driver.
My cousin still uses it today and I have to hit it every time we play together. Still has a lot of game!!

A close second is my ol original Rocketballz. Name is bad, but the club is great.

View attachment 39258

While that Cleveland was nice...my all time favorite driver was the Titleist 983E with a graphalloy blue shaft. The 975J with the yellow and purple shaft, can't remember the name brand, but that club was my first man's driver, and the 983 I bought brand new off a shelf and spent a few years bombing that thing. The setup, the look, the head size, I'll never forget that club

It’s difficult to pick my favorite driver. If I had to pick the most successful driver I had. It has to be KZG maraging steel with Prolite shaft. I kept that the longest in my bag.
It was small head around 300cc head with Prolite shaft was the beast back than. I doubt I could play it now but I enjoyed the most when I had it. For me it’s

1. KZG
2. Mizuno T-zoid
3. Ping G400 Lst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll also always have a soft spot in my heart for this monstrosity

sqsumo25900L.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

For me, it would have to be my old Cleveland Hi-Bore XL. For a long while it was point and shoot and I was in the fairway. First non wooden driver, so it was a huge step up and still my favorite.

Based on early performance I think the Epic Flash is going to ultimately golf the title but up to this point it's a toss up between my blue Bio Cell and the Cobra LTD. The Bio Cell was the first driver I actually felt confident using and the LTD added even more confidence. Those two drivers are where I finally started to get better off the tee.

Of the ones I've actually owned I would have to say the 07 Burner is that the top of the list followed by the Amp Cell in blue, but my Rouge driver is quickly approaching being one of my favorites.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

R9 Supertri and it’s there’s really nothing close to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callaway FT Optiforce 440 or Bridgestone J40 430. I like the Rogue SZ I'm playing now, but I've always liked looking down at a smaller head, too. The J40 just had a muted thwack to it that sounded AMAZING.

Callaway FT Optiforce 440 or Bridgestone J40 430. I like the Rogue SZ I'm playing now, but I've always liked looking down at a smaller head, too. The J40 just had a muted thwack to it that sounded AMAZING.

J40 might be one of my favorite overall lines of all time. Pretty damn solid from top to bottom.

Glad to see several others mentioning the Burner line. Mine was an '07 9.5* with a UST ProForce V2 stiff shaft. I loved the look of the shaft on that driver and I always felt confident swinging it. It was the first driver I ever bought outside of a boxed set.

The Ping G400 is the best driver I've ever played, great performance and amazing design.
The best looking driver is a McGregor Jack Nicklaus persimmon, early 1990's!!!

my favorite driver of all time was one i got in 1998 from a golf pro in town. The Biggest Big Bertha. It was the summer before my Junior year in high school and i felt like such a bad ass with this club. The head was massive and I could hit some pretty far balls with that club. My best playing driver is my current Ping G400, its a pleasure to swing.

I really like my current driver - Callaway Epic.
If I went away from that one it would be back to my Taylormade SuperTri. That thing was a cannon.

Tempted to say original M1 430cc head as when on a good day BALL GO FAAAAR

but my X2 hot is just so darn consistent and it now has a radioactive orange shaft in it that I adore.

I agree. I love the M1 430. It was slightly more forgiving than the R15 430, but not quite as long. If you find a good deal on an R15 430, take the plunge. I have a beat to hell one that I still use often and 2 new heads that I’ve never hit just because I picked them up for like 60 bucks per. It seems to have made somewhat of a resurgence though, last I looked they were going for more than M1’s. If I can get my speed where it needs to be I’ll be using it at the Bridgestone Championship. If I can’t, then I’ll be armed with an F8+, which is a great driver too. Lots more forgiving.

Back