Favorite driver of all time?

1A - Callaway 816 dbd, 1B - ping g400lst, 1C would b the taylormade m1 440. To b honest they r so close it's hard to decide

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Cleveland Launcher SL290.

Bought this driver right around the time that I really started getting into the game and it just was so much fun to hit.

I've been gaming my F7 for a long time, so I think that might be way up there, but I have to go with the Cobra Amp Cell for bring the driver I darn-near beat flat getting ready for the Morgan Cup in 2014. I still have it somewhere, I imagine one of my kids will end up with it eventually.

Great Big Bertha.

The introduction took my local golfing community by storm. The likes not even seen by the Taylormade Burner.
It was Epic before it was even Great but the size and sound at the time was so much fun in my youth...

It was also my first big purchase. I loved that thing more than my bicycle.

Last edited:
Tempted to say original M1 430cc head as when on a good day BALL GO FAAAAR

but my X2 hot is just so darn consistent and it now has a radioactive orange shaft in it that I adore.

Cleveland 588 Custom, been in the bag for over four years, and as much as I've tried, haven't found anything to kick it out yet. I've hit drivers that might be 5 - 10 yards longer, but those could never compare in accuracy. I just ordered a Tour Edge Exotics EXS, and have high hopes for it, but it does have a tough job ahead to top the Cleveland. I played yesterday with a good friend that knows I ordered the EXS, he asked me why I was wasting my money on another driver when I hit my current gamer so well.

I will also add that I hope to be able to come back to this thread in a couple of months and change my answer to the Hogan driver that is being released next Monday.

When my swing was on nothing beat the FT Tour. But that didn’t happen often so I’ll go with my old G15.

Hmmm favorite driver old school model I've ever owned was probably the original Callaway Great Big Bertha with the bore through hosel. Current model hard to argue with the F9

My G400 Max. I can't believe how far I am hitting it now.

Played last night and poked one out to 270!

Best driver I have ever hit.

Epic. Its why it is the one in the bag.

Man all time is tough because I am absolutely crushing it with the Epic Flash right now. If I have to take that one out of the equation, then it's the Cobra S3 or Bio Cell.

I have a few, so they will have to be 1a/b/c.

OG Cleveland Black
TM SuperTri
Ddecs blue Amp Cell.

I’ll be that guy.

F9. It’s just that good and gives me the confidence I’ve never had before with the driver.

Cleveland Classic 290

I’ll be that guy.

F9. It’s just that good and gives me the confidence I’ve never had before with the driver.

You beat me to it.

My Bio Cell I still use. Its the only driver I have ever had any success with.

G400 Max so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping ISI Driver, looked like a spaceship but that thing was hot.....

The R9 SuperTri was the first that made me love golf. I was/am in the minority and loved the Nike Covert Tour, that was the first driver that I *had* to have.

The R9 SuperTri was the first that made me love golf. I was/am in the minority and loved the Nike Covert Tour, that was the first driver that I *had* to have.

When I saw you had replied, my first thought was the Covert tour that you loved. Clicked thread, verified my rightness.

I miss my X2 Hot, to be honest. There was nothing revolutionary about it but it just...fit...me.

Cleveland Launcher Ti 460, Aldila NV Green shaft. I consider it my first big boy driver.
My cousin still uses it today and I have to hit it every time we play together. Still has a lot of game!!

A close second is my ol original Rocketballz. Name is bad, but the club is great.

CLTi.jpg

without a doubt the Taylormade R7 quad was my favorite driver ever. At the time it was plenty long and still the most accurate driver I've ever hit

Taylormade Burner TP driver 2007 - with Accra AXIV XT60 M5 (still have it in my Garage).

I played that driver for about 3 years form 2009-2012 and could be coincidence but those where my best golf years, and one key was i hit that driver about 265-280 with a baby fade.

Buddy of mine got it from a Mini Tour guy he knew, and shaft was just too stout for him so he let me try it out and was love at first swing, sold it to me for $100 . My swing speed was probably about 8-10 MPH faster then, but someday i may just take it out for fun and compare it to some of my newer drivers.

Back