Favorite Driver You've Ever Owned

2007 Taylormade Burner. I felt and sounded great, and played well with it for a long time. But then I sold out for more distance and newer.

~Rock

I had a knockoff Callaway Warbird phony head on a 50" shaft (yes 50 inches) that a guy at work built for me when I was trying my hand at long drive contests.
I averaged 300 yards with it on the course. I could also hit it off the deck in the fairway and get about 280 with it.
Unfortunately I accidentally tripped over it one day at the range and bent the shaft.
The builder was no longer in town and I couldn't get anyone else in town to put a 50" shaft back in it. (now of course they are illegal)

Callaway XHot Pro

TM Supertri, it's back in the bag again too. I really love the deeper faced drivers.

Favorite Driver You've Ever Owned

Tour Edge Exotics Tour Proto Driver. Just loved the sound it made when you hit it solid.

I thought I loved the last Great Big Bertha but the Epic is just something special for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My current gamer. Since truncating it to 43.5", it feels just right, and I hit it as well, if not better, than any other driver I've owned.

It's by far my Epic Sub Zero!

My original Big Bertha from 1991. The first 9 months or so that I owned it, it was always a topic of conversation on the golf course because nobody had ever seen one before. It's currently part of the decor in my man cave.

J33 R Bridgestone. But really love my Epic.

TM Supertri, it's back in the bag again too. I really love the deeper faced drivers.

Yep that's the one for me too had the Motore TP shaft changed my game still bring out and it still performs!

I've had a couple:
1. SuperTri/ with Motore stiff shaft I could hit this thing straight and long loved the deep face still got this one
2. Cobra Amp Cell Pro/ Fujikura Fuel Xstiff one of the most forgiving straightest drivers I've ever hit
3. Hopefully the G400 I'm going to get fitted if I can talk my wife into it for my birthday

Tm R7 superquad tp

Would go with my Callaway XR16. It has been the straightest and longest driver I've owned

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Have to say that the X2-Hot. I've got newer which I like and use but when they deserve a "time out" I go back to the X2. Just a dang solid driver for me and don't plan on parting with it any time soon.

Nostalgia its my #TheGrandaddy 816 DBD

Performance - It's my current GBB Epic

Taylormade R11s 10.5. Just seemed to be the perfect driver for me

Since the topic is "favorite" and not "best", I have to go with the Wood Brothers Kool-Cat driver I had from the late 80's to the mid to late 90's. It was a persimmon head with a hard plastic face and the body of the head was filled with cork. I could hit that thing straight and long (for the time).

Intellectually I know that the equipment is much better now, but I really loved that club and it's companion fairway woods.

2015 Taylormade 9.5* SLDR-C Driver with custom 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s shaft, tipped 1/2".

Great all-around driver performance...Long, Straight, and FORGIVING with nice Sound and Feel.

This redesigned-for-2015 SLDR clubhead is way better than the original 2013/2014 SLDR Drivers!

This is a 'Classic' TM Driver that really has it ALL!...:thumb:

sldr-cCrown3.jpgKusala61.jpgSLDR-C Driver.jpgsldrcFACE.jpgHeadcoverLarge.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite of all time was the Titleist 975D with the Proforce shaft. Hit that thing in the screws with a Titleist Professional ball and it was the best feeling and best sounding driver I have ever had plus it was a cannon. When ball design changed it was never the same.

Honestly, the driver I'm playing now. Callaway XR16 Pro. I love this driver and it would be very hard to kick this out of the bag. Plus, I won it on THP and that makes it special as well.

Cleveland SL290. Still the only club I refuse to sell. For some reason I just pounded this club when I first started playing it.

So it looks like we've got a lot of love for these drivers right now
- Cleveland Classic 290
- TM 07 Burner/R7 variants
- GBB Epic

This has been very interesting so far. Thanks everyone for your responses and keep em coming.

Back