Favorite Driver You've Ever Owned

An old Cleveland Tour Action Titanium 7.5*. This was around '96.
Maybe it was because I played/practiced more then with more available time.
Could be that I was a lot younger.
Great driver and great days.

My current driver, Epic 9° with stiff Matrix Black Tie. Absolutely love it.

Runner-up is an original Tour Edge Exotics 10° driver with a stiff Aldila NV shaft.

But just THAT one. I'd tried others, luke warm results until driver nirvana achieved with the 10°/NV. Only fairway through 5 rounds that I missed was when I had hit through one.

When the shaft splintered right at the hosel, Martin's Golf in Myrtle Beach was kind enough to exchange clubs for me.

I wasn't thinking, I'd just surrendered Excalibur!!! Willingly.

New driver was never the same. Found driver bliss once again though with a Macregor NVG2 with a stiff GD Pershing shaft but collapsed the face of that one. Still, that was years and years ago.

Was a long stretch there before finding another Excalibur in the Epic. This one will be pried from my cold dead hands. Same buddy who witnessed my driving prowess with the Exotics was down in April for 5 or 6 rounds. He said it's the best he's seen me drive a golf ball since way back when. Better, he said.

Boom.

You live in MB? I went to school there for a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "original" Cobra ZL driver. I could hit that thing straight and long without even trying. Head developed a crack, called Cobra and they wouldn't do anything (driver was well over a year old). Got PO and bought a Titleist. I was OK, but nothing like the Cobra ZL.

GBB Epic and at this point it isn't close.

You live in MB? I went to school there for a little bit.

No, owned a condo at Legends though for 13 years. Loved it. Live in NC now, via NY.

Cleveland classic XL

Outside of my current gamer the Bridgestone j715. Picking one up again may just happen at some point

Have to be my current EPIC SZ as I usually don't swap just for something new.

Thought I had the perfect combo with my Fuji Speeder Pro XLr8 TX 63.

However am gaming a Evenflow black 65g X right now that is making it nervous!

TM R1 and Bio Cell +.

The + just looked mean and when in a groove with it I was on cloud 9.

The OG Callaway Razr Fit with the bone stock regular flex shaft.

Gotta go with my current F7. My swing has been all over the place this year and for the most part I've been in play.

It has to be my current driver, 2016 TaylorMade M1 10.5* with a KuroKage tini silver shaft. In my opinion it's the best looking driver out there and I've never hit a driver better in 20+ years of playing.

Titleist 910 D2 with the stock Diamana R-flex shaft. Not the longest, but by far and away the straightest. Although I will say that the GBB is working it's way up quickly now that I have it dialed in.

Ping Tisi Tec with a Rocket BiMatrx - played it 7 years before it finally cracked. Ping replaced it with a G10 (and it was only a few months before the G15 came out).

I have to go with my current driver. Taylormade R1 with a Grafalloy Bi-Matrix x flex tour prototype shaft. I refuse to switch, this is the reason I continue to game it to this day. I've tested the M1, M2, Epic, and 917 and they're great but the feel of my old R1 is just too good to justify spending $400+ on a new driver.

Current driver, Great Big Bertha with KuroKage TiNi black shaft. 10.5 set to 11.5 and draw.

My current Epic SZ with a UST Mamiya Attas 6Star 8X, its hands down the best fitting combo for me I've ever hit. I've never drove the ball very well or consistently, I enjoy hitting my driver now and hit it on holes I probably shouldn't sometimes. It's all in fun though.

My current gamer in my signature. Cobra Bio Cell

Callaway Epic. For both performance and sentimental reasons

917 D3 and it's not even close. I've never hit so many fairways.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Honestly it was the Nike Sasquatch. I couldn't hit it very far but it was straight as a arrow.

Back