Favorite Driver You've Ever Owned

ScoFoBG

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know we all change equipment for fun, even if something is working. What's your favorite driver that you've ever owned, whether it's the one you should have never given up, or the one you are gaming right now?

Include full specs if you like.

For me, I spent a season bombing a Wilson FG Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba shaft.

I know that Driver was not well received, but I loved it. Came out the next year and couldn't hit it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original Cleveland Black, game changer for me and still to this day the best driver I have ever hit and/or gamed.

Glad I still own it.

Cleveland Classic 290. Great combination of looks and performance. Still have the head just need to fit it with a shaft and get it back out on the course.

Current one, Callaway Epic 9*. Specs are going to change shaft wise in a couple of weeks at the handcrafted experience event.

ping ist 7* loft, stiff shaft, golf pride tour wrap grip

Cobra Amp Cell. So forgiving it's absurd.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Cleveland Classic 290. Great combination of looks and performance. Still have the head just need to fit it with a shaft and get it back out on the course.

That Driver is such a cult classic. Too bad Cleveland stopped making good woods.

TaylorMade R7 Quad. I don't even remember what shaft I had in it but the swing weight was absolutely perfect for me.

My current GBB, shown in my signature. The Ping G15 it replaced was my second favorite. My son still plays one.

I never owned one, but for some reason every time I hit a TM Bubble Burner I flat out crushed the ball. I borrowed one just two years ago when I was out of town for a department scramble and would have won the long drive contest by 20 yards if I had not landed 6" into a part of the first cut that jutted out into the fairway. I did own a TM System 2 and played rather well with that as well.

My current gamer... followed closely by Adams Fast 12LS W/ Kai'Li.

Cleveland Launcher

my gamer. bridgestone j815 9.5* set to neutral with #TheHandCraftedExperience custom 1 of 1 shaft. improving really seems like a pipe dream. love this setup.

07burner

2014 Big Bertha. Loved looks, sound, and feel.

Ping G30 but I gotta feeling that won't last past 7-28

Ping G30 followed by 2016 M1

07burner

Same here. 9.5* with the UST Proforce V2 stiff shaft. I loved that driver. I replaced it couple of months ago with a 2016 M2 and I'm getting more comfortable with it. Hopefully I eventually hit it as consistently good as I did the Burner.

Callaway Epic. Silly long but even more forgiving.

07burner

Yes! Played an 07 burner for like 5 years. Those fairway woods were awesome too. I actually use the shaft from the TP fairway wood in my current 5 wood.

Haven't owned the Epic SZ for it to qualify, but I do have a couple I really enjoyed. The W/S D200 and the Ping G30 LST.

Both were excellent performers for me.

PING G SF Tech. Very predictable and long for me. Also very easy to shape both ways.

Current gamer, 2017 Taylormade M2 9.5*, stock Fujikura Xlr8 Pro 56 gram regular flex cut to 44.5" length. Great launch angle and minimal spin so it runs like stink. 11-13 fairways per round.

My current driver, Epic 9° with stiff Matrix Black Tie. Absolutely love it.

Runner-up is an original Tour Edge Exotics 10° driver with a stiff Aldila NV shaft.

But just THAT one. I'd tried others, luke warm results until driver nirvana achieved with the 10°/NV. Only fairway through 5 rounds that I missed was when I had hit through one.

When the shaft splintered right at the hosel, Martin's Golf in Myrtle Beach was kind enough to exchange clubs for me.

I wasn't thinking, I'd just surrendered Excalibur!!! Willingly.

New driver was never the same. Found driver bliss once again though with a Macregor NVG2 with a stiff GD Pershing shaft but collapsed the face of that one. Still, that was years and years ago.

Was a long stretch there before finding another Excalibur in the Epic. This one will be pried from my cold dead hands. Same buddy who witnessed my driving prowess with the Exotics was down in April for 5 or 6 rounds. He said it's the best he's seen me drive a golf ball since way back when. Better, he said.

Boom. ?

I have never had a favorite driver. I hope that changes this year...

Back