Favorite feeling in golf?

It's a nice warm sunny day with your best buds and everyone is playing well, including yourself. You've known these guys forever, the subtle jabs are flowing and no one has **** to do after the round so you all agree "Hey, let's just make a day of it and fire up the grill once we get done." At the end of the round, everyone is happy with their play and then you blurt out "I love you guys." and mean it. Bro hugs all around.

I'm going with the pure, flushed iron shot. That nice clean "snick!" and you hardly feel the impact, and as it takes off you know you just smoked it.

The feeling I get when I see my son's face after he pures a shot.

Relaxation. Golf is my decompression chamber from other parts of life.

Never experienced but I imagine......

The positivity that I'm able to feel on the first tee. Nothing bad has happened and I'm expecting nothing but greatness out of myself lol

My favorite feeling is the feeling of almost hitting a hole in one.

That feeling when everyone looks around is ohhhhhhing, hands on their heads, jaws dropped. “How does that not drop”. That’s something we will talk about forever. As painful as it is, I usually come out of it supremely confident the rest of the round and play my best golf. It’s freeing seeing a shot like that. It usually leads to a birdie. And the chase continues.

It’s most fun as a spectator. If they hit it then drinks are on them. If they miss you get to laugh at their despair.

Maybe that makes me a massochist but whatever :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
There is a point in flight/roll after you've put what you believe to be a great strike on the ball where the results are yet to be determined, yet a flood of hope fills your brain.

That, to me, is everything I chase.

it’s all about the chase!

I'm going with the pure, flushed iron shot. That nice clean "snick!" and you hardly feel the impact, and as it takes off you know you just smoked it.

Agree with this as fav. Although getting off the first tee with a solid drive and not duffing one is a close second.:LOL:

Mine would be the times and relationships built. Nothing better than having a great time with great people.

My favorite feeling is the feeling of almost hitting a hole in one.

That feeling when everyone looks around is ohhhhhhing, hands on there heads, jaws dropped. “How does that not drop”. That’s something we will talk about forever. As painful as it is, I usually come out of it supremely confident the rest of the round and play my best golf. It’s freeing seeing a shot like that. It usually leads to a birdie. And the chase continues.

It’s most fun as a spectator. If they hit it then drinks are on them. If they miss you get to laugh at their despair.

Maybe that makes me a massochist but whatever :ROFLMAO:
I get it. I had one of those a couple months ago. A par 3 where you had to run it up onto the green. The ball never left the flag, landed, bounced a couple of times, then kept rolling toward the flag. It took a while. So, there was a lot of whooping and hollering and then the ball stopped just a few inches short.

The first tee, on a beautiful day, with fantastic people. Best feeling in golf.

Other than a perfectly flushed iron shot off the tee, it’s just being on the course. I love that feeling of freedom and creativity, while also presented with the challenge of sport.

Golf is so unique.

Other than “just being able to play”, I would have to say an absolutely purged shot. You know the one…. Where you hear the crack at contact but never feel it leave the club face , only to look up and see it tracking in your designated line!

getting it solid and where you’re looking. One of the best feelings there is, especially off the tee.

I get a lot of reactions when I hit driver and its kind of fun. But my favorite feeling is making putts that are 15 feet or longer or just 1 putting.

When the shaft releases right through the ball and accelerates through without a hint of slowing after contact. Then seeing the ball just rocket out of there, almost pulsing forward at times. That’ll have me talking like Austin Powers.

A flushed forged blade in 6i -3i something about the feeling is just amazing.

getting it solid and where you’re looking. One of the best feelings there is, especially off the tee.

yeah, hitting the shot you visualize is tough to beat!!

Puring a blade long iron

Not to get too deep but I all of my favorite moments/feelings playing this crazy game have been intangible.

1. Every once in awhile I’ll be out there either by myself or with some friends and have just an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for every thing in my life. It could be because of good weather, company or how I’m playing etc. A lot of people say they are blessed/grateful but don’t truly realize that until times of tragedy or some other life changing event. Golf is the only thing that gives me that feeling randomly.

2.Waking up the morning of a buddies golf trip.

3. You have been playing really good the last few holes. After addressing the ball and right before you start to swing everything feels perfect and you just know you are about to hit a good shot, and then you do. That confidence doesn’t happen very often.

4. Pulling up to your house and seeing a long skinny cardboard box on your doorstep.

5. All the boys going crazy after watching one of your friends who is either terrible or has never played before hit an incredible shot

Hitting the shot you wanted to and having it be the correct shot is magic.

Also, sticking an approach close in front of your friends is always a great feeling.

Back