The white hot is the one I prefer. I have not had alot of putters with different inserts. Currently using a Microhinge which is pretty good.

Microhinge star, but on the THP spirit I’m going to say the the metal x milled grooved Damascus ix insert

Last edited:
1697988035380.jpeg

This was my favorite insert. Loved the sound and feel.

OWorks micro. Went to a white hot on a TW5K putter and just couldn't hole it as well as I had been. Could have been many things I guess, but swapped back and have been doing better.

The SeeMore aluminum insert they use on some putters.

I’ve never used that one, but have always been curious how it felt.

I’ve never used that one, but have always been curious how it felt.
Definitely firmer than most since it's a metal insert, but the sound and feel off of it is fantastic. I loved it, and then in typical THP fashion, traded it towards something else to another THPer lol.

This is one I have not tried yet. I did get an email where vintage putters are 149. Might cause me to experiment.
100% worth trying!!

Is a milled metal inset really an insert?

I loved the SIK insert on the Cobra putters as well as the microhinge on the Odyssey options I’ve tried. Really interested in what’s coming down the pipe from them all.

the DLT is really nice on the Cobra putters.

Is the frontline Elevado considered an insert putter? If so that would be my current favorite, I’ve had a lot of success with that putter this year.

Also a fan of the odyssey microhinge insert.

2 seasons in a row using the the white hot insert so I can easily say it has been my favourite. I also liked the TM our roll, the white one not the aluminum version

I’ve never owned a white hot putter but I do like the feel of them every time I putt with one. TM had a red insert in a Monsa Rosa putter that is in my wife’s bag right now that I really liked when I played it. No clue what it was called, it’s probably a 24 year old putter.

Microhinge in my Odyssey 2 Balll Evo Limited Edition. I just find it delivers a great feel when combined with the rest of the design. It also seems to start the ball without jumping.

A

White Hot. Buttery soft and smooth.

My first good putter was the Odyssey White Hot Rossie. Still have it. I love that thing.

I prefer milled, I know wrong thread. I am deaf - as most here know. I don't know if one is different as the sound I hear is most certainly different than anything you all hear. I find a head shape that works for me and that I 'trust' and whatever it is, it is. Last year it was an Odyssey with White hot insert, before that I had a 7s with White Hot Microhinge. Now it's a Machine, bronze. Each had their moments.

I think and it could be me (hahaha), that the Machine just feels right in my hands (feel in the hands). White hot feels jumpy, the ball goes off it faster? so to speak, the microhinge was inbetween (I think, it's been a good while).

So, all that above, sorry, it's to suggest this to anyone looking to try different inserts/faces. Plug up your ears and see what works best for you, even if you can still hear, it'll be more muted and you may (may not?) get a better feel for the actual feel versus the sound feel.

White Hot
Flux - because it gives such a crazy good roll.
Old School TM AGSI

Let's go the opposite side of this conversation, is there a worse feeling insert than the TMade spiders?

I just feels plasticee.

I usually prefer some audible feedback from a milled face, but I also like the White Hot micro hinge insert on my Odyssey Exo Indianapolis putter.

Back