Favorite Set Of Irons Ever - And Why You Changed

My favorite set of irons are my current set Srixon 545. And why? I have only owned used clubs and these were set to my exact specs from my fitting on the Trackman. Love Em!!!!

I'll bring it back to the start of the threads with the 845s. Loved them back when I played in high school, but when I gave up the game for a bunch of years for school, they weren't exactly treated well in the basement.

Since then, I've gone through a number of clubs, and the Srixons are the first that came close (though I've probably played my best golf with the G15s), and it wouldn't surprise me if I list these as my all time favorite soon.

J38 DPC with Aerotech shafts. Gave them to my dad. Bounced from set to set built the exact same set again. Never again.

I guess I was the same way, I left my favorite clubs because of technology. But I have also left because just purely wanting to play something new.

I will say that my Apex Pros are some of the best clubs I have played. Really not sure I will go away from them for a very long time.

My favorites are my current ones, Mizuno JPX 825's. These are the first clubs I have been fitted for and love them. This is my third set of irons and I don't plan on changing anytime soon, because I don't think I'll ever out grow them talent wise. Also, because my better half won't let me......

My favorite are my XHots. But if I had to choose from a previous model I owned, I think I miss my set of Adams Golf UC10s the most. Bought them for 50$ used, played a season on them, sold them for 100$.

Nike VRS...my current gamers and only set I've owned that wasn't a set of old Ping Eye 2 knock offs. Not my favorite looking irons in the world, but good enough for me. No intentions of switching anytime soon as I know that I'll never max out the clubs.

Titleist DCI Oversized + I changed because I got the itch to change and have been searching for iron nirvana ever since. My dad games them now once per year and I have hopefully found a suitable replacement.

Titleist AP2 and PING s56. A little thing called The Morgan Cup got new sticks in there :)

I'm on my third set of irons in 30+ years. 15 with Golden Ram Tour Grind and 15 with Tommy Armour 855s. I moved to Callaway RazrX MBs last spring. Right now the Rams get the nod, but I really, really like the Callaways...so they may eventually end up on top.
Switched from the Rams to the 855s because I thought technology was passing me by. It wasn't until I bought the Callaways that I realized how much I had missed the Rams.

I played Mizuno T Zoid Pros for years and loved them. Unfortunately, I do not get to play as often as I used to so I went to something more forgiving and with newer technology. I love the clubs I am playing now, but miss the feel of the well struck shot with the Mizunos.

I will put them in this order:

#1 Most Favorite
Ping S59's when I was a player! Shot a 65, my all time low with the babies! Mens Championship Tees
#2 Most Favorite
Ping I5's when I decided I needed some forgiveness! Shot a 67 my second all time low with these! Mens Championship Tees
Just not a fan of ZZ Lites
#3 and now as close to being #1 as possible
Ping I25's now that I am no longer "A Player"! I have shot a 70 with these but have only had them for a couple of weeks. Mens Regular Tees
Lovin' the CFS Shafts!

My current Cobra AMP Forged and I don't have any plans to change anytime soon

I haven't gamed that many irons but my i20s are definitely my favorite.

My favorite irons are easily the speedblades I have now. But besides those, I would say the 712 MB. I loved those irons especially the mid and short irons. Only real reason I got rid of them was I was looking for more forgiveness with the long irons

You hit them really well somtimes too....

Did you catch that?

Usually about 12 of the 18 holes...and...thank you. Ha

I'm just waiting for you to put up some cash...then 16 of 18 should do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hogan Apex Edge Pro. Basically just changed for the sake of change (gamed them for 6 years) and wanted to get in compliance with the new groove rules.

A club Ho I am, an iron Ho I am not. Gamed the PING I3 Blade for 15 years until making the switch to the J40s. Absolutely loved the i3s. Switched to J40s because they are perfection to my eyes. Love the way they are performing too!

TaylorMade Burner 2.0s. The first new set of irons I ever purchased. They were perfect for my game at the time and 180 yard 7-irons were normal. I changed because my game improved enough to where I wanted more of a players iron and my distances were just crazy long sometimes with the Burners and that would cause second guessing when figuring yardages. I do miss these clubs, though. So easy to hit.

Taylormade R7 CGBs...still the best clubheads I have ever hit. The Cleveland Black irons were close but I never got around to putting shafts in them. I gave the R7s to my mom because I was missing left due to all of the offset. I do regret it.

Still very much in the honeymoon timeframes of iron change, but I have to say the Apex Pro irons from Callaway have been absolutely unbelievable for my game.

I've either made a couple of very beneficial swing changes (admittedly it's been a bit different) or they are just wonderful irons that sound and feel excellent on a majority of strikes.

Still very much in the honeymoon timeframes of iron change, but I have to say the Apex Pro irons from Callaway have been absolutely unbelievable for my game.

I've either made a couple of very beneficial swing changes (admittedly it's been a bit different) or they are just wonderful irons that sound and feel excellent on a majority of strikes.

Same thing for me with the Apex. I am hitting them a full club further than anything I have ever played and getting a higher ball flight which is allowing me more GIR's. I cant imagine playing anything else.

The Tommy Armour 845s are legendary. I owned a set growing up. I don't think I could game them present day, because I'm very offset challenged. It just messes too much with my ball position.

More present day I think the Adams Pro Gold irons are just ridiculously good (6-7 yrs old). I have owned and attempted to transition to 7 different iron sets over the past 2 seasons and I keep reverting back to the Pro Golds. This includes sets that people rave about around here, but I think my final decision is to find a backup set of Pro Golds so I have these forever :)

Reason I keep trying to change is finding more forgiveness. TBH, I just don't see enough difference between my Pro Golds and GI iron sets.

My current MP H4's are probably my favorite. I love how they look, terrific feel and forgiveness and just a little bit of workability to the extent a hack like me can actually pretend to work the ball.

Honorable mention goes to the Mizuno JPX 825's. Those were distance monsters for me and I regret moving away from them, but I did so because a fitting convinced me I needed heavier shafts and I was hitting the SpeedBlades much better. Also, the clubfaces were gigantic, which was just enough for me to notice. And SpeedBlades would be the other honorable mention. Man these were easy to hit, the 6i was my favorite club and that's saying something. I moved away because of what I learned during my fitting, but honestly, I would game these again in a heartbeat. At this point, however, I've invested a lot in my irons and hit them well enough, so I just put those other 2 sets on the back burner.

Honestly? I think my current CB3's are my favorite ever. I get away with things with these that I never got away with using previous sets, and I haven't sacrificed much feel.

I really did love my TM r7 TP's w/ PX 5.5's when I was hitting them well though. Same goes for my Adams CMB's when playing well. The thing that puts the CB3's over the top is that when I'm NOT playing well, they still let me enjoy the game.

Back