Favorite Tiger Woods Moment

[video=youtube;bHZ3x-A_-AM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHZ3x-A_-AM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was such an awesome 2 year stretch.

It wasn't a major but I'll never forget that chip-in from the short side rough at Bay Hill on #16 (I think).

They are running famous Tiger rounds on Golf Channel right now. Unless you go back and watch like this, you can forget how dominant, how special he was during that run. We get a glimpse of similar play from one of the current stars and go nuts but he sustained that week after week after week.

The 2000 PGA at Valhalla against Bob May, there were several shots there but his putts in that playoff were the best I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Too many to count but this one was great!!

This one. By Far. The planning/execution/moment. Just wow. The commentary even made it perfect.

I'm not sure if anyone else has ever gone to one of David Feherty's live shows but toward the end he talks about Tiger Woods and starts telling a few stories that are pure gold. The admiration that David has for Tiger is really cool and it was fun to hear what it was like following him around in his prime.

The. Hip at the masters. So many to choose from.

Not a course moment, but I loved this commercial.

I mean, the guy just knew how to get it done. He did it time and time again. The 6 iron out the bunker at the Canadian open or the 3 iron out of the bunker at Firestone with ball way below his feet and lip issues.

The 3i at Firestone was a shot that I didn't think could be hit. After he did that, I knew he was other-worldly.

Man I miss watching him in his prime.

How about the iron shot in 2000 he hit in the dark on 18 at the World Golf Championship, NEC Invitational at Firestone I think. Stuck it to about 2 feet.

it has yet to come, my favorite moment will be his retirement. we will then be able to talk about him as one of the great players to ever play the game, instead of whatever he is struggling with

when he hurt himself so I could watch other golfers. Never watched golf for 10 years due to the fact they only showed Tiger.

it has yet to come, my favorite moment will be his retirement. we will then be able to talk about him as one of the great players to ever play the game, instead of whatever he is struggling with

I thought this thread was celebrating his greatness?

The awkward high five with Steve after the chip-in on 16. Doing something I could relate with right after doing something that I decidedly could NOT relate with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The chip at the Masters -- given the difficulty and the stakes -- is impossible to top, but these are a few more of my favorites:

[video=youtube;r2OvF2c-mU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2OvF2c-mU8[/video]

The last shot has stuck in my mind since I saw it live. It's not an especially difficult shot, but it epitomizes Tiger's incredible shot-making imagination. I could camp out at that spot with multiple XL-buckets and never even conceive of hitting that kind of shot (never mind executing it). "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see."

Favorite Tiger Woods Moment

As far as I'm concerned, the chip he played at 16 during the 05 Masters is the greatest shot played in golf EVER! That is the true shot that was heard around the world, so that's the moment for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back