First hole of 2013; How did you do?

FIR with my new Covert, easy 8 right of the pin, 2 putt for par! I'm hoping for a lot more FIR this year!

First hole this year was today. 389 yd par 4 uphill dogleg right.
Lost the tee shot a little right in light rough but had an open 90 yd shot to the green.
Put the 56* wedge to 8 ft. Burned the edge for bird and finished with a tap in par.

Pushed drive right duffed iron on and 2 putt bogey

I've wanted to bump this thread for a while :D. Got a call from my dentist office this morning saying they had to reschedule so my day opened up and I finally got onto the course for the first time all year. 1st hole was a bogey. Crushed my drive but pretty far left. Approach hit a branch on a tree near the green, ball went straight down. Hit a real nice chip to about 8 feet, missed the putt, tap in bogey.

This thread is depressing! All the courses still not open yet due to all the snow this winter. Im hoping in about a week or so Ill be golfing.

After finally getting out today, I managed to pull my tee shot behind some trees, thought I had enough room to get over them but managed to snag a branch and ended up stuck behind a tree so took 4 to reach the green then 2 putted for a double bogey

Luckily the round got a bit better and I finished with an 86, par 71

First hole was a straight away par five. Hit a good drive and had about 200 in. Hit t 22* hybrid to about 15 ft. Made birdie. Shot 86 which is about avg.

First hole was a par 5. Hit a bad drive that went left behind some trees in the rough.. Hit a great hook with my 4 hybrid to get back in the fairway and about 100 yards out. Stuck my approach wedge inside 10 feet but missed the birdie put.. Tapped in for par.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Triple bogey hit drive fat, mulligan smacked a tree, second shot I topped third shot was the same fourth was long over the green, fatted a chip finally got on the green and one putted.

Last hole of 2012 resulted in a bogey and a broken 7 iron. Toe hit off the tee head snapped off. First club i have broke it makes a awesome sound. First hole of 2013 bogey also sliced into rough and sliced 7 iron. But was first time hitting since last year so wasnt expecting much. And first time hitting new irons since driving ranges haven't opened yet.

First hole of 2013 was forgettable. Thinned a drive 200 yds, duffed my second, third carried just past the green. Chipped on to about 8 feet and two putted for a lovely double

1st hole...yes...

Rental clubs...crazy offset on a weird looking R-flex driver. Huge drive, hooked to the left, shouted fore. Didn't find my ball, as one of the guys on the next fairway played my ball, and left his crappy ball to me. Perfect iron, on the green, 3 putts.

Went well. I hit a good solid drive. Than had a 8 iron to the hole which I missed green just left pin high. Chipped to about 3 feet and made par putt. So went pretty good for what I thought was gonna happen

Not well for me. Drive was a low liner into the left rough, had to lay up before water because of the rough. Put it over the water, and about 2 yards off the green. Chip on to within 20 feet and 2 put.....6 on a par 4....Forgettable opening hole.

Dan

Horrible, took a 7 with 5 putts :eek:

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

My first hole surprised me actually. The first hole on my course is a par 5. I struck the drive right down the center of the fairway. Second shot was laid up to about 125 yards. Wind was in to me so I took an extra club to go after the back pin placement and I must have hit my 135 club about 150. Couldn't believe it! Pitch back to the green with very little green to work with left me about 9 feet for par because I rolled it past the hole. Missed the putt over the right edge so ended with a bogey. Overall ball striking was great, just need to get that distance down!

Our course...still...isn't...open...

Course should open this week and Ill let ya know. Worst Winter ever!

All uphill par 5 playing 530 yards and in to the wind. Cold start. Roped drive down the center. Okay second shot. Green in regulation. 2 putt par. I'll take it.

My local course finally opened and I played today. First hole was not so good. I hooked my drive,hit pw to the fringe and 3- putted for bogey yeah.

I was able to get out and play 14 holes today. On my first hole I started with a par, but it was a very messy hole. For the 14 holes, I ended up with 2 birdies an eagle, 6 bogies, and 5 pars.

I was never able to get comfortable on the course, my swing just felt out of sync. The only thing that was working for me today was my putter. Either way, it was so nice to get out and play, I can't wait to be able to play regularly.

First hole of 2013 was a 336 yard par 3. Miss hit my driver but it went straight to about 130 yards out. Landed on the green with an 8 iron and proceeded to 3 putt(it was a trend for the entire round) for a bogey. I was just happy to be out on the course considering we are supposed to get 6 inches of snow this week in Minnesota :(

Par 4 - solid drive, but landed short and on the inside of the dogleg so I had to hit out basically sideways because I was blockaded by trees. Flubbed the 3rd shot, chipped on for the 4th and then 3-putted. It can only improve, right? :)

Back