First Look: Ben Hogan VKTR+ Hybrid

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
If you want to stick in the current golf industry, evolution is an absolute must, and though there were some bumpy waters initially with the reboot of Ben Hogan Golf, the past two years have shown them finding their stride. Not only that, they are doing it while continuing to be a direct to consumer company allowing them to cut the overheads other companies face, but it definitely helps to have the Ben Hogan name recognition to navigate those waters.

Continue reading...

• Staff
This one has me curious. Awesome that it blends with the UiHi and PTx/Icon combos, but it’s an update on a cult classic hybrid around here, so it’ll be fun to see the feedback. I hope to get some time with one!

$140 is a steal for a hybrid that looks that good.

Would like to see address pictures but that looks like something that will compete very well with TS3 and Apex19 if people know about it.

I logged in this morning to ask for a comparison between New Level irons and Ben Hogan.... the forum wins again

This one has me curious. Awesome that it blends with the UiHi and PTx/Icon combos, but it’s an update on a cult classic hybrid around here, so it’ll be fun to see the feedback. I hope to get some time with one!

Looks really nice, I like the shape from the pictures, and the styling is easy on the eyes :love:

This one certainly has me intrigued. The first VKTR I thought was good but never something that could stay in my bag for more than a round or two. This one seems to check all the boxes so will likely give it a try.

Classy looking hybrid. My first thought was that the pictures were so good that assumed Jman took them. I guess not since this seemed more like a press release. Looking forward to hearing more.

Guess since we havent heard from him yet that J.B. Cobb slept in today .LOL
I have a 3 year old daughter! There is no sleeping in! EVER!

Would like to see address pictures but that looks like something that will compete very well with TS3 and Apex19 if people know about it.
There is a video that shows the hybrid on the BH website.

They have always made good looking hybrids. I haven't played one in years but this one is worth a look.

VKTR+ looks great! A good revamping of a tried and true product! I'm assuming some of the changes were to get rid of the "whistle"? Good introduction piece @Jman!

Great look, great price, blends well with the UTx/Icons... THP need to get one in hand asap!

This thing looks straight filthy! This is one I would want to get in hand. Beautious. And at $140?? Unreal.

VKTR+_040120_05_HR copy.jpg

Nice write up James. I’ve probably been living under a rock when it comes to Ben Hogan, does the VKTR stand for something? I’m sure playability is good with this hybrid and with the name $140 is outstanding. Really nice look to it also.

That is a really good looking hybrid.

Nice write up James. I’ve probably been living under a rock when it comes to Ben Hogan, does the VKTR stand for something? I’m sure playability is good with this hybrid and with the name $140 is outstanding. Really nice look to it also.
VKTR is short for VECTOR. Vector shafts were developed by Ben Hogan. They had a wider "bubble" section towards the top of the shaft.

And check the combo set options on their site :oops::oops::oops:

I was thinking the same. That’s basically half price compared to some other new hybrids.

I like the shape of this a lot and they did really well with the looks overall. For that price you can't really go wrong giving them a try. They seem like a model that would fit more in to a specific yardage vs. being distance monsters which I really like. The fact that you can get them in a combo set is pretty awesome.

WOW this looks great out of the box with nice simplistic design. The VKTR+ at address resembles the Adams that so many people fell in love with. I tend to hook a lot of the hybrids so maybe the non-offset might help with this. Price tag has to be the lowest for a brand new hybrid. Wonder if this will be in the demo program.

VKTR is short for VECTOR. Vector shafts were developed by Ben Hogan. They had a wider "bubble" section towards the top of the shaft.
But are they as good as Nippons?

The clubs look great. Can’t wait to hear more, especially about the great combo sets some will build.

Back