2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

93-95mph so I’m thinking RXS or RX would be the one for me.

Standard for me this week.... Day late and a dollar short!

Did it with the 2018 balls - was fit into RXS - makes sense and played well the times I’ve gotten them on course during the offseason

Did it with the 2018 balls - was fit into RXS - makes sense and played well the times I’ve gotten them on course during the offseason
Plans for the 2020 release to fit? Do you think the result will be the same?

I'm curious to try the ball, although I will admit, their instagram add made it look like they would be offering the TourB in multiple color offerings (they are not) so my excitement is a little deflated.

Sounds dangerous... you should def do it!
The boss lady stepped in and said no, even called me a danger to myself and those around me, wtf!? ;):p

Plans for the 2020 release to fit? Do you think the result will be the same?

Based on what I saw Saturday (playing with RX) with greenside performance, I think RXS would be a fit, Need to get the XS and new RXS and see how they perform tee to green as well.

X, XS, RX, and RXS going out for some short game practice today.....should I GC2 it too?

But I still have 5 dozen from last year...Ha

Seems logical, right? :p
I mean, it costs me nothing and provides a bunch of data. So yeah, I feel like you definitely need to take the GC2 out there.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I mean, it costs me nothing and provides a bunch of data. So yeah, I feel like you definitely need to take the GC2 out there.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
For science! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

A couple sleeves of the new Tour B may have made their way back to Ohio and I am absolutely pumped to get them on course.

Need to check the weather for the next 50+ day because I am going to go big with this one. Could define my entire year from a ball perspective.
If you need some help testing Im about 20min away from your course, wouldnt mind at all calling into work to play with some new stuff. ?

Seems like I heard something about this last July...?

Their 2019 offerings were flat out the best balls I’ve ever played. Some of you might remember my former name on here...

Their 2020 balls are said to be a vast improvement. My 14 year old son, a 5.2 HC, plays the XS. He and I extensively tested them and they gave the most short game control of any ball. On a 10yard nip and clip chip, they basically ran out 4ft. The next closest ran out 6-8 ft. His school provides my former screen names ball, the XS is far superior in every way to that in our testing. It’s not for high spin players like me but he has an actual golf swing that generally produces a lower flighted draw.

But the awesome thing about Bridgestones line is that there is a tour level ball for everyone. The RX is my ball, and the only thing that comes close is the AVX. The RX has much better short game control (going entirely off of 2019’s offerings) while negating the long game spin to the same level.

I saw the presentation in July on their 2020 line. It’s safe to say that I, nor my son, will be switching balls in 2020. I’ll gladly pay for a ball that performs best for him versus a premium ball that the school supplies. We’ve tested both and there is no comparison.

Hey, I doubt TW would use anything but the absolute best for his game. He doesn’t need endorsement contracts, he’d use Top Flights if he thought them best. Why should we settle for anything less? I get the price point is up there and I can’t say I play them every round. But every round I play that has meaning, the TourB RX is my ball. For my son, every round that means anything, he’s playing the TourB XS.

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

So, yeah.

hmm.

No GC2 today as it was just too effing muddy still. But I did put the S and X to work a little in games of Chip with the kids at practice and made sure to use some old grooves.

Ive been doing all my reviews for a couple years now with the 330 and 330S because for me they remained the bar in golf balls, and they were identical for me to the first Tour B release, or scary close, on monitor.

These though, the bite had a little bite on top of the bite with a side of bite.

Now, these aren’t going to be 1k more or anything like that in this facet, but, I don’t expect it to be. If I see data of 300-400 more rpm, that’d be killer.

I need the ground to dry out a little!

If you haven't listened to the podcast we put up with @golfunfiltered @Canadan and @jdtox on the media event for these golf balls, check it out. Some really good info discussed.

If you haven't listened to the podcast we put up with @golfunfiltered @Canadan and @jdtox on the media event for these golf balls, check it out. Some really good info discussed.

I really enjoyed that one and the guys really increased my interest level. I know this year has been referred to as the year of the ball but I wonder if it will end up more specifically being the year of the Bridgestone ball.

But I still have 5 dozen from last year...Ha

I still have about 5 dozen from the last generation of the B330-RX and about 3 dozen of the first generation of the Tour B RX. And, yes, all will be played. Heck, I shot my PB 3 months ago with a B330-RX that was made around 4 years ago.

I totally missed this this week through all the sow stuff. Great write up @Jman

These balls sound awesome and as I am a fan of Bridgestone I am looking forward to the testing results (and possibly being a tester :unsure:).

Anyway I always think we should all keep in mind this is the only ball manufacturer that is also a multibillion $ rubber and plastics producer. They and Titleist are the only 2 companies that make their own ball compounds as well. Everyone else uses similar off the rack materials from outside companies. I bet some are buying materials from Bridgestone, but that would never come out and Bridgestone isn't selling their latest and greatest to others.

@rehbirdie cant wait to put the new RX into play! Playing next week & wished these came out a bit sooner. The anticipation will have to wait & I look forward to seeing the new tech!

Back