First Look: Cobra Golf T-Rail Irons

Those videos did pretty good at capturing the sound. I wonder what they sound like when they're topped 30 yards down the fairway? Twice? lol. (Our first video attempts to capture the sound I topped two in a row with the Wilson's before being removed.)
80% of my shots with the HB Turbos on the range were topped haha. I stunk it up big time with them for whatever reason.

Those videos did pretty good at capturing the sound. I wonder what they sound like when they're topped 30 yards down the fairway? Twice? lol. (Our first video attempts to capture the sound I topped two in a row with the Wilson's before being removed.)

Your dispersion was TIGHT though.

Played 18 with these yesterday.

Swing was not great - distance was actually pretty close to my norma in season expectations and like the other hybrid irons in these class forgiveness was great all over the face haha.

My launch was pretty inconsistent some were low so i launched pretty well so nothing definitive there.

where these really performed was short game/touch/chip shots - had quite a few GW 8i knock it on and close to the hole - early greens were frozen so had some wonky bounces but distance was sooo good. Definitely saved me some strokes

Also have a sound comparison these vs the Wilson LPs

T Rails Top Wilson Bottom Videos
View attachment 8929106

View attachment 8929107
I was playing this through my car speakers and my ears are bleeding now after the Wilson sound. ?

Doesn’t sound as bad on topped shots lol
One of the reasons my friend loves these.. He scoops at the ball in his swing

You know that they will be in my bag for the MC. Unless I change my mind between now and Friday, But, that's not going to happen. I'm going 5-GW in the T Rails. I considered the T Rail 4i which is a traditional hybrid shape but I decided to go with a 7 wood instead.
I mean it’s not like any of us have changed our minds at all. Lol

I mean it’s not like any of us have changed our minds at all. Lol

Especially true when you read what others are thinking.

Especially true when you read what others are thinking.
I hope @JDax is factoring this in to his odds.. These are even more forgiving than the SpeedZone irons!

Talked to Cobra today. These are back ordered until Mid-May.

My buddy tried to order this week and the shop said cobra is having supply chain delays due to CoronaVirus

My buddy tried to order this week and the shop said cobra is having supply chain delays due to CoronaVirus

Whatever you do don’t post that in the MC Ordering thread - those guys might stumble on the rant thread :D:LOL:;)

Played 9 holes the other day in pretty windy conditions

Had trouble getting distances dialed in. These definitely get the ball up and launch though that is not an issue.

The rails helped in the soft turf - didn’t catch any fat.

313E491E-2A0D-42F2-AA8C-F0F31B25993D.jpeg
6i from 170 into the wind pretty happy with that one

Whatever you do don’t post that in the MC Ordering thread - those guys might stumble on the rant thread :D:LOL:;)

I’m pretty bummed as I was ready to order and fill in my set. I’ll test all season but I don’t like changing my gamer irons midseason. Would have preferred to have them to start with them. Oh well. 1st world problems. . .

There are still sets available at some retailers and on eBay but I'm sure they will not last long!

I’m pretty bummed as I was ready to order and fill in my set. I’ll test all season but I don’t like changing my gamer irons midseason. Would have preferred to have them to start with them. Oh well. 1st world problems. . .

Pretty sure Budget Golf has sets in inventory or can get them. I know someone that ordered a set recently from them.

Pretty sure Budget Golf has sets in inventory or can get them. I know someone that ordered a set recently from them.

I have the 6i custom at 2* up and Nippon Modus 105. The stock graphite which is prevalent in shops and eBay was a no go at 50g.

My plan was to build that complete set with the Modus. So I’m out of luck till May sometime according to Cobra on a custom build. According to their site their out of 6, 9 and PW heads.

I reached out to Ryan (is that his name?) On here A few weeks back about these and never got a reply. 😞

Put in an order to complete my set yesterday. Going with 6-PW, and even ordered the set GW and SW as I think they will be a hoot to hit.
Modus105R with GP Tour Velvet Aligns.

Estimated shipping date is 3/17; hoping that is accurate and the vendor doesn't get a call today from Cobra about delays.
Maybe Cobra left so many heads back to keep custom orders happy. . .

I took my 7iron T-Rail down to North Carolina over the weekend, with my normal gamers, for some on course testing. I need to get fitted before I make any real decisions but with the dynamic gold R300 shaft it was fun to hit and I hit some pretty nice shots with it. I was coming up short on distance but some of that is a swing flaw I'm working on and some was wind (I think). Nice high ball flight and it wanted to go straight. Color me impressed, definitely a fun club to hit.

I took my 7iron T-Rail down to North Carolina over the weekend, with my normal gamers, for some on course testing. I need to get fitted before I make any real decisions but with the dynamic gold R300 shaft it was fun to hit and I hit some pretty nice shots with it. I was coming up short on distance but some of that is a swing flaw I'm working on and some was wind (I think). Nice high ball flight and it wanted to go straight. Color me impressed, definitely a fun club to hit.

Are you leaning to The DG R300 as your first choice when you go to get fitted?

guys playing these. What shaft and flex did you go with ?

Are you leaning to The DG R300 as your first choice when you go to get fitted?
Honestly, I don't know. I want to try the smacwrap or similar weight graphite option I think. This would probably work but I don't know that it would be my best option. I just ordered the test club with it because I've had a little experience with it before, a set of used clubs I bought a couple years ago came with these shafts, and I seemed to get along with it pretty well. I'm open to whatever works best though. I guess the short answer to your question is no, when I go in I'll be open to whatever works best.

Back